2012 R&RHOF - Mr. Brownstone

Myles isn't the right fit as a singer to do justice to GnR songs. He belongs in commercial radio rock outfits like Alter Bridge and Creed. His voice blends perfectly with Tremonti's tone, but not Slash's. All in all I would've rather had Todd Kerns sing or maybe Scott if he can drop his childish antics.

uhh gnr was commercial just like alter bridge

Myles did a nice job here, very professional, no drama etc.

Imagine Axl on here with his Bridget school performance and voice?! ehh....no thanks!

I would imagine that if Axl would have decided to play a reunion show in front of god knows how many millions of people, that not only would be have practiced and gotten his voice in shape for it, but he probably would have lost 50 pounds as well.

I don't believe for a second that the Axl we see now would be the Axl we'd see if the original band got back together. He'd do it right if he did it at all.

Myles isn't the right fit as a singer to do justice to GnR songs. He belongs in commercial radio rock outfits like Alter Bridge and Creed. His voice blends perfectly with Tremonti's tone, but not Slash's. All in all I would've rather had Todd Kerns sing or maybe Scott if he can drop his childish antics.

How many It's so Easy's, Get in The Rings and Perfect Crime's did Alter Bridge write? GNR had hits, but they were authentic. Alter Bridge was a product.

• Like 1

Greatest Guns N' Roses performance since Argentina, 1993. The band sounds great!

Some would say the first GNR performance since Argentina 1993.

No offense but I can't stand those "Argentina 93 comments". Especially when used to qualify or disqualify somthing as "real gnr". Let's take a look why

Argentina 93= no izzy no Adler

Axl has played with izzy and with duff post 93, that's one less og (orginal gangster :P) then your beloved Argentina 93.

Same with RORHOF 2 og's missing both the Indiana boys who are both equally pretty vital to the whole "real gnr" shtick.

Not bashing anyone for saying it, I get it Appetite era rules, I'm with ya there ! But Argentina 93 is not original gnr. It's the last time Axl and slash played together on one stage. If you think Axl and slash alone make gnr then go ahead and use Argentina 93 as your end of gnr gig nothing wrong with that either.

Greatest Guns N' Roses performance since Argentina, 1993. The band sounds great!

No offense but I can't stand those "Argentina 93 comments". Especially when used to qualify or disqualify somthing as "real gnr". Let's take a look why

Axl has played with izzy and with duff post 93, that's one less og (orginal gangster :P) then your beloved Argentina 93.

Same with RORHOF 2 og's missing both the Indiana boys who are both equally pretty vital to the whole "real gnr" shtick.

Not bashing anyone for saying it, I get it Appetite era rules, I'm with ya there ! But Argentina 93 is not original gnr. It's the last time Axl and slash played together on one stage. If you think Axl and slash alone make gnr then go ahead and use Argentina 93 as your end of gnr gig nothing wrong with that either.

*eyeroll*

Argentina = 3 original members

RRHOF = 3 original members

Last time I checked, Axl didn't have Izzy and Duff on at the same time and if he did they'd make up 3/11ths of people on stage from the band, not 1/2 as per the two aforementioned scenarios.

*eyeroll*

Argentina = 3 original members

RRHOF = 3 original members

Last time I checked, Axl didn't have Izzy and Duff on at the same time and if he did they'd make up 3/11ths of people on stage from the band, not 1/2 as per the two aforementioned scenarios.

Didn't say he had both of them on stage at same time, I said he had one less original member then Argentina when he performed with those guys. If I would have said he had performed with both I would have made the case it was 3 and equal to Argentina.

At the end of the 1993 show, four members out of five that wrote and recorded UYI were on the stage. At the end of the last "tour", only 1 was (Dizzy didn't write anything). That's why the Argentina comment was made.

Edited by combos
  • Like 1

At the end of the 1993 show, four members out of five that wrote and recorded UYI were on the stage. At the end of the last "tour", only 1 was (Dizzy didn't write anything). That's why the Argentina comment was made.

Was Sorrum heavily involved in songwriting ? Actual question lol I'm by no means a gnr historian. Weren't nov rain don't cry civil war (?)estranged ycbm and more already in works pre him coming into the band? Just wondering. I tend not to count sorum of Gilby as important or influential gnr members. Maybe I'm wrong

Imagine Axl on here with his Bridget school performance and voice?! ehh....no thanks!

I would imagine that if Axl would have decided to play a reunion show in front of god knows how many millions of people, that not only would be have practiced and gotten his voice in shape for it, but he probably would have lost 50 pounds as well.

I don't believe for a second that the Axl we see now would be the Axl we'd see if the original band got back together. He'd do it right if he did it at all.

How many It's so Easy's, Get in The Rings and Perfect Crime's did Alter Bridge write? GNR had hits, but they were authentic. Alter Bridge was a product.

A product of what? They bought themselves out of 2 record labels with their own money because they weren't happy with the way the record deals wanted them to sound. AB is as authentic as you can get.

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like 2

So because they don't write angry immature songs that call out members of the press, they're not authentic?

Argentina is the last gig of real Guns. 2001 was the debut of fake Guns.

False. Real Guns' last show was Farm Aid. Every single show after that was done by fake Guns.

False

Fake GNR was born when Ole Beich fucked off, and Rob Gardner and Tracci Guns chickened out from the hell tour

Edited by Motivation

Argentina is the last gig of real Guns. 2001 was the debut of fake Guns.

False. Real Guns' last show was Farm Aid. Every single show after that was done by fake Guns.

False

Fake GNR was born when Ole Beich fucked off, and Rob Gardner and Tracci Guns chickened out from the hell tour

False. That was original GN'R. Real GN'R are the people that made the band famous. Fake GN'R begin when no-talents like Sorum and Dizzy were brought in to ride on the coattails of what real GN'R created and is what still exists to this day.

A product of what? They bought themselves out of 2 record labels with their own money because they weren't happy with the way the record deals wanted them to sound. AB is as authentic as you can get.

This. Cannot understand how someone can claim that Alter Bridge is not authentic.

I can't believe some of you guys actually still think a band name means anything beyond something to put on a ticket in order to sell it. 'Fake Guns'. God, how infantile can you get. Lineup changes before Appetite, lineup changes between Appetite and Illusions, lineup changes during the Illusions tour, lineup changes after Illusions, lineup changes during CD tour, yeah, the point at which you called a wahhhmbulance because your favorite member fucked off, then it became 'Fake Guns'. Sure, that makes sense.

Everyone who has bought a Guns N' Roses ticket in the last several years knows they're seeing Axl and his band play Guns N' Roses songs. That's all there is to it.

Either way, its been almost 20 fucking years, are you still so damn butthurt about it that you can't let a day go by without bringing it up? Mommy and daddy are never getting back together kids. Axl owns the name. If you don't like it, tough shit. Don't go to the gigs, don't support the band. Deal with it, get out of your arrested development and stop being so damn tedious.

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 1

Axl owns the name. If you don't like it, tough shit. Don't go to the gigs, don't support the band. Deal with it, get out of your arrested development and stop being so damn tedious.

The Axl defenders are equally tedious. Don't like people complaining? Tough shit. Deal with it. Get on board or fuck off. Stop being so tedious. Find a new forum. I'm a badass.