Anyone else find cosmetic surgery and its results fascinating?

Towelie

I'm classier irl. Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away.

That's what sunglasses are for, my friend. B-)Stay cool.

Sunglasses or not, if you can't help yourself, at least have the decency to be just as attractive in return.

[spolier]

It's about time men owed the world beauty, so the sexes can be more equal. :P

I pity the woman who wants bigger breasts so much that she is willing to undergo highly invasive surgery ,for the sake that they will just be bigger.

Having big boobs isn't easy. You can't wear anything strapless, backless or halter-neck. No stick-on bras for you. Button-down shirts always gape open. You have to pick really well fitting clothes so you don't look fat. Then there's the backache. Big bras are expensive. The judgement from others when you're wearing a summer top, which happens to show off your cleavage, but the world thinks you're trying to show off.

And then growing huge boobs during puberty is one of the most horrible times of my life. Mine started growing age 10, so by the time I was 12-13 they were HUGE and being at school, classmates really lacked the tact to just ignore them. The girl with the biggest boobs in school was a worthwhile topic of conversation. I remember one lad asking "what does my mum think of them?!" Why should my mum's opinion matter?! (Mum didn't make it any easier, but that's a different story for my therapist).

And then at college, this gay guy thought he was at liberty to grab or touch my boobs as and when he saw fit, which was all the time. He stopped pretty suddenly after he found out I'd met my now husband.

I think many people equate big boobs with a big personality, which just isn't me. I tried to be that big personality who could joke along with everyone else about my chest, and I started to believe that the only value I had was that my chest was abnormally big.

Anyone who is willing to pay for those sort of experiences is probably better off spending their money elsewhere. (I'll take a victims' donation :P)

Now, I know you've all seen my photos, a few of you have met me, and you'd say "Grace, you're boobs aren't that huge". They used to be when I was younger. I've lost loads of weight since.

I feel your pain there Gracii. Those kinds of experiences at school are just awful....to the point where we often get complexes that carry on for years afterwards. I had the opposite problem, I was skinny, flat chested, fair skinned and freckled throughout school and whilst I wasn't teased or mocked as such because I was pretty much friends with everyone, I definitely felt the odd one out, especially when it came to boys. And when you're that small and flat push up bras don't really work, they just look dumb and very unnatural.

When I was younger I contemplated getting a boob job but since I could never afford it, it never happened. Now I'm really glad I didn't because I like myself exactly as I am. I wouldn't exchange mine for any amount of money, let alone actually pay a doctor money to put silicon blobs in my body. I love not having to wear a bra if I don't want to and I think for the rest of my shape I have the perfect size. It did however, take a good 15-20 years to reach that conclusion.

• Like 2