The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Thurman was definitely Run Time last fight but he's stepping up in classes, his nickname was never going to last, it's a short sighted nickname, I still like him and if he catches Khan, which he will, it's over. Still prefer Khan to anyone else for Mayweather since Cotto is fighting Cinnamon.

The legend Froch has retired too, was hoping he'd give Golovkin a real test.

Was watching the build up to Ali-Frazier in various videos and couldn't stop laughing at this when I saw it, they're reviewing their last fight and get into an argument about who spent longer at the hospital, Ali starts calling Frazier an idiot and he gets pissed off before confronting Ali who then fucking leaps up and shoves him to the floor ''Sit down Joe! Sit down Joe! Sit down QUICK Joe!'' :lol:

Well that is the scene of their famous studio bust up - a very famous incident. Ali was playing but Joe was serious. Apparently, off camera, Rahman Ali was in Frazier's ear all the time during the entire interview and that is what goaded him.

Yeah I actually read about the off camera goading, I was wondering why the hell Frazier got worked up enough to confront him and you can tell Ali is just cajoling him, even when he laid hands on him there's a kinda playful element about it, he's just happy he got a reaction.

Yeah I actually read about the off camera goading, I was wondering why the hell Frazier got worked up enough to confront him and you can tell Ali is just cajoling him, even when he laid hands on him there's a kinda playful element about it, he's just happy he got a reaction.

Cuz he called him 'ignorant', which you didn't call a black man in America in them days, most especially one that you'd, prior to this, been goading as thick and stupid and representive of an outdated anachronistic stereotype of the black man that they were trying to get rid of at that point in history.

I hear the call for Sept is Berto.

Edited by Len B'stard

Ty' Furys twitter has a picture of Wlad sparked out calling him a bitch, a bloody heart with words like Wlads heart when I'm done with him, to feed to his brother Vitali :lol:

Tyson Fury is someone I can really get behind. I've been watching all the interviews hes done with Kugan Cassius on IFL and i just love the bloke to bits. He's mad as fuck and he's got that unswerving confidence in him that travellers seem to have. Probably cos they've all been fighting since about the age of 3. I'm made up that he's got this crack at it now.

Ty' Furys twitter has a picture of Wlad sparked out calling him a bitch, a bloody heart with words like Wlads heart when I'm done with him, to feed to his brother Vitali :lol:

Tyson Fury is someone I can really get behind. I've been watching all the interviews hes done with Kugan Cassius on IFL and i just love the bloke to bits. He's mad as fuck and he's got that unswerving confidence in him that travellers seem to have. Probably cos they've all been fighting since about the age of 3. I'm made up that he's got this crack at it now.

Im a big fan myself, he aint got a chance in hell but i sooo want him to win. Hes actually a safe fella too, you get the feeling.

Im a big fan myself, he aint got a chance in hell but i sooo want him to win. Hes actually a safe fella too, you get the feeling.

Has he not got a hope then? Bugger. He's not been the most active and he's stepping up in class massively. David Haye pissed him about quite a bit and i happen to think Haye would have won that but after that he got bogged down in the Frank Warren Chisora merry go round for too long. Either way I'm having a tenner on my boy :lol:

Edited by spunko12345

Hes from just up the road from me, Saunders, Hatfield, i know a few friends of his.

Has he not got a hope then? Bugger. He's not been the most active and he's stepping up in class massively. David Haye pissed him about quite a bit and i happen to think Haye would have won that but after that he got bogged down in the Frank Warren Chisora merry go round for too long. Either way I'm having a tenner on my boy :lol:

Barring something fucking extraordinary or Klitschko aging tons overnight (which i suppose is possible, hes 39 and he hasnt exactly been offering up electrifying performances) no, unfortunately, Ty' aint in with much of a shot.

God, I'd fuckin love if he did though, hes my favorite Boxer from these isles at the moment.

• Like 1

Yeah but hes fought nobodys really. To be fair the division is so dire that the the drop off in quality between the upper elite and like...top 5 downwards its so stark its like the difference between an Olympic sprinter and a obese gammy legged spaccer with flat feet, it really is that pronounced a difference so its not entirely Ty's fault I suppose but yeah, i mean the guys been put down by Cruiserweights, in his last couple of fights he seems to be upping his game but you cant just start taking this shit seriously late in the day and expect to make it.

I just cant see how he can beat him. Love to see it though. And then on to Deontay Wilder.

Edited by Len B'stard

There's no ''ladder'' to climb so to speak in the heavyweight division to reach Klitschko, as soon as somebody strings a few promising wins together they get a shot, there's barely much room to view a fighter's development through E,D,C,B and then A... it's one weird era.

Nazim Richardson kinda puts him in his place in that one.

There's no ''ladder'' to climb so to speak in the heavyweight division to reach Klitschko, as soon as somebody strings a few promising wins together they get a shot, there's barely much room to view a fighter's development through E,D,C,B and then A... it's one weird era.

Thats basically what i mean, yeah.

I think that Richardson video has one of my favourite Fury quotes in, when Richardson says something like 'I bet if we walk down the street more people will recognize me than they do you' and he replies 'Urrrrrm probably because you're from around here'

edit: I must have seen a different camera angle because you can't pick it up on that video but he does reply with that line on the one I saw :D he says such blunt things, like when that Cunningham kept asking him 'where you at' at another press conference regarding where he's been when he's had the peak of his career he went 'Where am I at? I'm right here, right infront of you, Mr Sunglasses.'

Edited by RandallFlagg

The one you're talking about with the sunglasses was Kevin Johnson. And yeah he does say that and then he goes 'wa-hey, lets all give him a round of applause cuz more people know him!'. Nazims point was more to do with dont make yourself out to be a superstar just cuz you been on telly in England.

Amir Imam vs Angulo is shaping up well :)

Or it was, Imam just sparked him the fuck out, flat on his face. Blistering, proper banged him out.

Chavez, complete joke to his dad's legacy, thanks for Martinez round 12 though.

Well Floyd's fought a murderer's row for 4 fights and it's something different, apart from that, pretty terrible but you know it's deliberate because it keeps people talking about him and when he dispatches of Berto 12-0, they'll demand a bigger and better fight for 50, plus most likely on free tv which only helps him at this point.