The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

I don't think he's abrasive, he just doesn't take any shit.

Rumour mill says that Froch is interested in fighting GGG at Wembley and Cotto-Canelo talks are in 'an advanced stage'. The idea is winner of Cotto-Canelo goes on to fight GGG, which Froch well positioned to fuck up the applecart.

Edited by Len B'stard

Chavez to face Marcos Reyes on July 18 in San Antonio and says that Robert Garcia will be his new trainer: http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/12910/chavez-jr-changing-trainers-for-return

50 Cent's SMS Promotions has filed for bankruptcy: http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/5/26/8661779/50-cents-sms-promotions-files-for-bankruptcy

Sounds like they're mainly doing it so they can restructure the business, but that's still tough after seeing the names who originally signed on with the company. Some pretty good names for a startup promoting company, but then they all just dropped off since then.

Garcia is a great fit for Jr, Roach was a good enough coach since he has little interest in defense and Chavez's chin is inherited from his dad but he has enough fighters on his plate and his parkinson's. Not that he ever listened to him, he'll listen to Garcia though, maybe this loss will bring the best out of him. The last round of Martinez, he showed the potential he actually does have... I always get the feeling he should just stick to chowing down, smoking his pot and playing xbox on his couch or something, absolute joke of a 'professional' sometimes, half-assing spoiled brat more like with gullible mexican fans supporting him.

Froch is thinking of taking on GGG, he's capable of beating him in a war of attrition, if he can take his power... which I'm not too sure about. He seems to be half-deluded considering Golovkin as just another Bute hype job. I'd take a look at the guy's what is it 350-5 amateur record? Sure he's there to be hit but he knows the other guy's have nothing for him so far, he won't be that dumb against a legend like Froch. Golovkin has the pedigree to bruise him up something bad and pull out an 8-4 decision imo, he won't knock the cobra out. Froch just taking the fight win or lose is highly commendable and if he wins it will be a serious achievement nearing 40.

I like GGG. He has skills and excellent timing. Someone like that is all wrong for Froch. It all depends on the move up though, if he is smallish for a middle and can make light middle (to fight Floyd) will he handle the step up to super middle, when some of the guys fighting there are coming down from light heavy?

Froch is tough and very fit, but is there to be outboxed really.

I like GGG. He has skills and excellent timing. Someone like that is all wrong for Froch. It all depends on the move up though, if he is smallish for a middle and can make light middle (to fight Floyd) will he handle the step up to super middle, when some of the guys fighting there are coming down from light heavy?

People don't seem to appreciate how solid GGG is because he's been decimating guys who don't belong in there with him, discarding his defense and literally just entertaining the crowd and getting rounds in, his amateur pedigree is ridiculous. I never count the Cobra out but Golovkin would be a fucking nightmare for him and damn that's what motivates Froch, true, Golovkin isn't exactly Ward's calibre of spoiling and smothering but he has the ability to outbox and crush him.

Anything less than domination by Khan tonight would be embarrassing, it's a terrible cherry pick tbh cause Algieri will be super focused on putting a good showing in after the Pacquiao farce, he has an experienced trainer and will have taken a lot away, he seems a very cerebral fighter, against Pacman he was showing good movement and doubling of the jab but was thrown into the fire with some bogus knock down calls. We'll see if he's out of round 2 or his cage tonight. Khan has been blabbing again about his hero floyd so he might be totally eyes on the horizon, I wonder if Algieri could find a way to get him off balance and knock his ass down, he'd be slaughtered if that happened :lol: I do appreciate an exciting and half-deluded fighter like Khan though.

People don't seem to appreciate how solid GGG is because he's been decimating guys who don't belong in there with him, discarding his defense and literally just entertaining the crowd and getting rounds in, his amateur pedigree is ridiculous. I never count the Cobra out but Golovkin would be a fucking nightmare for him and damn that's what motivates Froch, true, Golovkin isn't exactly Ward's calibre of spoiling and smothering but he has the ability to outbox and crush him.

Anything less than domination by Khan tonight would be embarrassing, it's a terrible cherry pick tbh cause Algieri will be super focused on putting a good showing in after the Pacquiao farce, he has an experienced trainer and will have taken a lot away, he seems a very cerebral fighter, against Pacman he was showing good movement and doubling of the jab but was thrown into the fire with some bogus knock down calls. We'll see if he's out of round 2 or his cage tonight. Khan has been blabbing again about his hero floyd so he might be totally eyes on the horizon, I wonder if Algieri could find a way to get him off balance and knock his ass down, he'd be slaughtered if that happened :lol: I do appreciate an exciting and half-deluded fighter like Khan though.

I think yous lot might be rating him too much.

I think yous lot might be rating him too much.

I do rate him an awful lot but I still maintain until he gets a Cotto, Froch, Ward or Canelo in the ring, it doesn't really hold much water whatever potential I see in the guy, I just really believe he has the goods to beat anyone except Ward but we've seen it time and time again, when a guy gets an 'elite' opponent he either crumbles or rises to the occasion. Bute was knocking bums out, and Golovkin has been fighting a mixture of decent to okay guys so we'll have to wait and see. His amateur record is seriously impressive but we all know the amateurs ain't the pro ranks, he's doing what he's supposed to thus far though, he's north of 30 though so time's ticking.

• Like 1