The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

I'll take Triple G inside of 8 rounds.

More waiting on a date for Tyson Fury and Wlad to be honest.

Chris Eubank Jnr vs Billy Joe Saunders is off. It was only really on because Andy Lee is injured so he can't do his mandatory defence so Bill had some room to fight little Chris but the problem is if he fights little Chris while little Chris holds that interim belt he'll get knocked out of the WBO rankings, only way to get it made is for Little Chris to vacate his interim title, which he won't do hence, fights off.

Tyson Fury seems like a fucking nutcase most of the time but I've seen interviews where he is very humble. I like him, im rooting for the fella. That show The Gloves Are Off when they did the heavyweight one, he was asked about how he once said he'd have beaten up Lennox Lewis when he was sat 5 feet away. Fury basically said that's the mindset he needs to get into, like he can beat any fighter otherwise whats point in him being there.

I would have loved to see him box David Haye and put the gobby cunt straight on his arse.

Tyson Fury seems like a fucking nutcase most of the time but I've seen interviews where he is very humble. I like him, im rooting for the fella. That show The Gloves Are Off when they did the heavyweight one, he was asked about how he once said he'd have beaten up Lennox Lewis when he was sat 5 feet away. Fury basically said that's the mindset he needs to get into, like he can beat any fighter otherwise whats point in him being there.

I would have loved to see him box David Haye and put the gobby cunt straight on his arse.

He also said he doesnt give a shit about winning the hearts of the English public because whatever he does they'll always think him a dirty gypo. Rated him for that. He's got a lot of time for my lot too, which few do so thats somewhat endearing. Edited by Len B'stard

I read about his wife accidentally putting his number out, what a legend fielding phone calls instead of deleting it lol, he is a very likeable guy but an utter nutjob. I've always liked Fury since I started watching his fights, he has some talent, I guess we'll see how much when he takes on a legend like Wlad, it's a difficult era to judge heavyweights like Wilder and Fury, he put on a great performance against Chisora who isn't exactly Z-class. I don't even know what my favourite Fury moment is, from him singing in the ring to a chorus of boos, calling someone a 'romanian bum who looks like he should be in a disabled place rather than in the ring with Tyson Fury' or uppercutting himself or turning southpaw for a spell against a dangerous Chisora or calling David Price a 'plumber from liverpool' and a 'big stiff idiot' lol. The build up will beat LET'S GO CHAMP Briggs.

http://www.foxsports.com/boxing/story/floyd-mayweather-manny-pacquiao-rematch-talks-051315

May Pac rematch rumours.

Sosa vs Gonzalez is starting well.

I read about his wife accidentally putting his number out, what a legend fielding phone calls instead of deleting it lol, he is a very likeable guy but an utter nutjob. I've always liked Fury since I started watching his fights, he has some talent, I guess we'll see how much when he takes on a legend like Wlad, it's a difficult era to judge heavyweights like Wilder and Fury, he put on a great performance against Chisora who isn't exactly Z-class. I don't even know what my favourite Fury moment is, from him singing in the ring to a chorus of boos, calling someone a 'romanian bum who looks like he should be in a disabled place rather than in the ring with Tyson Fury' or uppercutting himself or turning southpaw for a spell against a dangerous Chisora or calling David Price a 'plumber from liverpool' and a 'big stiff idiot' lol. The build up will beat LET'S GO CHAMP Briggs.

I want Ty' to do well and support him up and down but the realist in me says he aint got nowhere near the talent to beat Wlad. Lets be honest, most of his career was pretty dire, hes tidied up last handful of fights but thats not enough for me to think he can beat Wlad, i give Wlad a bit more credit than that, i mean improving a little is one thing but there aint no miracles in this sport.

Edited by Len B'stard

The GGG anthem :lol:

I am not phoning anyone with a name like 'Tyson Fury'.

Willie Munroe? Is that Hagler's old opponent gone wrong?

Its a relative.

Round 1 - Munroe did very well, wants to take less shots though, met a couple of solid ones, didnt flap though, to his credit.

Round 2 - Munroe got pasted, dropped twice, Golovkin FUUUUUCKIN leathered him!

Round 3: Well fuck me if that wasnt a Munroe round, despite some good shots from GGG

Round 4: i'd call that Munroes round too

Round 5: Munroe worked him well but the sheer heavy handed-ness of GGG is showing on him though.

Round 6: Dunno what happened there but it looked to me like Munroe said no. On his feet, having gotten up from a knockdown, looked like he said he didnt want it no more. WTF, he was ahead to me. Think the heavy handedness was fucking him up, for all the success he was happen GGG just started walking through him.

Still not convinced about his skill set.

Edited by Len B'stard

I agree Klitschko will decimate Fury, sure Wlad won't be able to do his usual lean down clinchfest but he has way too much in the locker for him though it'll be interesting while it lasts, I just think Fury won't settle for a twelve round beating, he'll go out fighting which won't end well.

Golovkin vs Canelo would be a superb fight, ginger won't win that but he'll give it one hell of a go and he has the balls to take GGG on which deserves credit these days.

I think De La Hoya would've faced Golovkin no problem, now that would've been a fight of the year, Canelo isn't a bad mini-me of the Oscar craze/

Hes saying he let Munroe have his go to entertain the crowd, what a lad :lol:

Max Kellerman goes Canelo said he'd like to fight you some time in future he goes 'no, not in future, i am ready now' GO ON SON! :lol:

His post-fight interviews are the best. :lol:

It's too bad we'll most likely have to wait until next year to see him face Canelo or Cotto (and who knows with Ward). His defense was kind of strange tonight with how inconsistent it was--looked very good the first two rounds, then just seemed to forget about defending after he knocked Monroe down. Who knows, maybe he was telling the truth about letting Monroe hit him for the fans. :lol: Can't do that against Canelo though.

Hes saying he let Munroe have his go to entertain the crowd, what a lad :lol:

Max Kellerman goes Canelo said he'd like to fight you some time in future he goes 'no, not in future, i am ready now' GO ON SON! :lol:

His post-fight interviews are the best. :lol:

It's too bad we'll most likely have to wait until next year to see him face Canelo or Cotto (and who knows with Ward). His defense was kind of strange tonight with how inconsistent it was--looked very good the first two rounds, then just seemed to forget about defending after he knocked Monroe down. Who knows, maybe he was telling the truth about letting Monroe hit him for the fans. :lol: Can't do that against Canelo though.

I don't think he let him hit him as such, i think he just let him come on for two rounds because otherwise if you noticed first round he was running, so he kinda stepped off, let the guy get his confidence, go for him, so he could get him in the pocket then open up, i don't think he meant let him hit him in a Ricardo Mayorga sense of the phrase.

It's either Ward or Triple G out there for him. Only reason he's considering retiring is cuz he feels he can't win either, thats the long and short of it. In his position I'd go for em both, i think he might take GGG, i might be wrong but I'm not convinced about him. Ward he'll never do in a million years.

Edited by Len B'stard

The guy is allowed to retire at 37 but to have not avenged a defeat is a real stain on his record. Harsh but that is just the way it is in the fight game. When old pundits get together, that is how they judge fighters. I think in some ways people admire boxers who avenged a defeated, over undefeated boxers. Perhaps it says something about the human story, eventually succeeding where you initially failed.