It Follows (2015)

Nosaj Thing

I can honestly say "The Ring" is the only movie that scared me a bit. when the movie showed the clip of the dead girl, the whole audience gasped! I was thinking about something at the time, so when they showed that clip, I'm pretty sure I jumped.

I don't know what it was about The Ring, but it really disturbed my thoughts for weeks.

I still would like to see this movie. It looks creepy.

• 1 month later...

Just read two amazing reviews about this movie. I probably will buy it when it comes out on dvd or blue ray. I'm not even sure if this movie is playing in the Dallas area.

It sounds very good and creepy. Sometimes what is not seen is scarier than actually seeing it. I love movies that build up the tension and you jump at every little thing.

Holy shit!! Equal parts Carpenter, Craven and Cronenberg...but channeled through Sofia Coppola. It's just stunning.

Really? Interesting. I'll give it a shot. I've heard what the film may be a metaphor for though, but won't spoil it.

STD?

That's the one I've heard.

• Like 1

Well, at least the storyline seems to be new. So many horror movies are the same old story and you guess it by the middle of the movie or sometimes sooner. I want to be scared and have me think about what's happening? It makes the horror movies more interesting. I like movies that make you think about it after you've seen it and it stays with you.

• 4 weeks later...

It's about 1000 times better than The Babadook.

:lol:

I guess you didn't like The Babadook? I did. Hopefully I will love this.

Babadook would have been good if they had a different kid actor. And a different actor playing his mom as well. But those two killed it for me.

• 4 weeks later...

It's about 1000 times better than The Babadook.

:lol:

I guess you didn't like The Babadook? I did. Hopefully I will love this.

Babadook would have been good if they had a different kid actor. And a different actor playing his mom as well. But those two killed it for me.

Indeed, the kid was astonishingly annoying... Plus the film really did nothing for me.

It Follows was interesting, pretty decent, but not amazing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Watched it last night. It was a mixture of all the great classics of horror cinema. Am I the only one who thought that the main character had the same hairstyle than the girl from Polanski's Repulsion? I also noticed the score being similar to Carpenter's Halloween. I mean, they tried, right? And for the first 30 minutes I was excited but then, as the story developed I started to get bored until the last 20 minutes that were very bad -- imo. I applaud the effort, though, no cheap jump scares and it's definitely better than most "horror" films made in recent times.

Overall, a decent experience. A solid 6 from me.

Oh, almost forgot, Lili Sepe is just... :heart: