Making Your Own Music

wkuk04

I've been playing drums since I was a kid - I want to become the next Buddy Rich. I'm a first-year student at the Schaffer Conservatory in New York. It's awesome, although my teacher is kind of a prick.

Cool. Do you use any computer based music production software?

• Like 1

I've been playing drums since I was a kid - I want to become the next Buddy Rich. I'm a first-year student at the Schaffer Conservatory in New York. It's awesome, although my teacher is kind of a prick.

No, not really. I'm the core drummer in my teacher's jazz band, so there's not much room for computerized production. As I mentioned, my teacher is a real hard-ass, but I still want to impress him because he's one of the best jazz musicians in the country, if not the world. Last night I played so hard that my hands started bleeding.

• Like 2

No, not really. I'm the core drummer in my teacher's jazz band, so there's not much room for computerized production. As I mentioned, my teacher is a real hard-ass, but I still want to impress him because he's one of the best jazz musicians in the country, if not the world. Last night I played so hard that my hands started bleeding.

Jeez, keep it up man!

• Like 3

I use Garageband to record some ideas I have. Nothing too serious. I do have Logic Pro Express, but it's far more than what I need so I keep it simple by using Garageband.

I believe you once said you'd post some of this stuff, and some guitar recordings from years ago! You wouldn't want to be branded an oathbreaker...... look what happened to this guy:

tumblr_mgjtb5wWFV1rp2zn0o3_r1_250.gif

greatjon.png

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

I have been doing this for the last ten years.

I mainly write orchestral music, which sounds like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hFwbqfaIApE

or electronic music, which sounds like that :

I use Ableton as my DAW. Other than that, I mainly use sound libraries by Project Sam, East West, Heavyocity, Spitfire Audio, Audiobro and Spectrasonics.

I've just started trying to make my own music via FL Studio (demo version) Anybody make there own music? If so what program do you use and post your stuff lets have a listen!

Right now I'm using a digital flip camera and a guitar and an amp.

Me - Where the Stinging Nettles Grow

If that counts as being able to play guitar, i can fuckin' play guitar too then! I can play I'm A Loser, Hide Your Love Away by The Beatles, Diary of a Lover by Johnny Thunders, fuckin'...just about every Ramones song, i didn't know that skill level counted as being able to play, fuck that, then I'm a guitar player too! :lol: Could do quite a few Beatles songs actually, just fuckin' forgotten em. Loved the more waltzy ones. Few Oasis songs too. Just used to try and play easy pop song type stuff.

I class being able to play guitar as being when you can listen to a song and then someone goes 'right, play that!' and you can do it. When you can get onstage and join in with a jamming band and not make yourself look a cunt. When you can tell notes and fuckin' chords and what have you by ear. When you can tune it without using them soppy electric things.

Edited by Len B'stard