STEVEN ADLER: MATT SORUM Wouldn't Take Part In GUNS N' ROSES Reunion Unless I Was Involved

I don't like Sorum because he lacks salt n' pepper. I don't care how technically good he is. He's not nice. He's a douche. Arrogant and he has nothing to be arrogant about.

Check him out in the making of Estranged, with a chick behind massaging his neck :vomit:

That's the kind of attitude I dislike about him.

I don't like Sorum because he lacks salt n' pepper. I don't care how technically good he is. He's not nice. He's a douche. Arrogant and he has nothing to be arrogant about.

Check him out in the making of Estranged, with a chick behind massaging his neck :vomit:

Steven isn't exactly an innocent little kitten....

• Like 1

What does innocence have to do with friendliness?

I can't stand Sorum cuz I don't like him. Period. Steven is a cool fun guy, and that's regardless of his drugaddiction, his big mouth or his whinning.

I can't stand Sorum cuz I don't like him. Period. Steven is a cool fun guy, and that's regardless of his drugaddiction, his big mouth or his whinning.

Matt has never abandoned his entire band and crew in Europe, without payment or plane tickets, to go off on a bender. Steven did.

Matt has never been arrested or served time for hitting women. Steven has.

Matt doesn't spend all his time bragging and telling bald faced lies about how everyone loves everything he does.

And Matt actually gets work. Steven doesn't.

Between the two of them I think I would rather know Matt. And I still can't fathom how anyone thinks Steven is in any way a nice guy. Just because he is happy and smiling and tells funny stories to fans doesn't mean he is a "cool fun guy." Watch a few episodes of Celebrity Rehab and watch the nasty, angry way he really seems to operate...or talk to the band he literally ditched in a foreign country, penniless.

Edited by stella

I'd rather Sorum on the drums if I had to choose. I always felt he played the Appetite stuff better than Steven. Brownstone and Rocket Queen sounded so much more powerful with him on the sticks!

probably because he was a bit of an arrogant prick, but that's the rock star way, eh.

musically i never had an issue with him.

Really? And he's considered as an arrogant prick based on what?

Yeah, musically, he is a great drummer, imo. I tend to prefer the UYI tour over anything prior to that.

well, speaking personally, i always found him to come across as a bit of a prat -- and i don't think i'm alone, because i think a lot of fans' resentment towards him stems from some of his cockiness when he took over from adler.

he got trapped in the hollywood party circuit in the 2000s (he was friends with people like paris hilton) which didn't win him many favors, either.

for me, the one that seals the deal is the interview he did for Libertad where he's bragging about banging a mom, a daughter and an aunt at the same time during his glory days. he just comes across as a braggart and an asshole. :lol:

that said, i like the guy, especially after how he treated adler during the RnR HoF ceremony.

Sorum = worst member ever.

not even close.

ugh, so bad.

honestly though, DJ isn't even the worst bandmember they've ever had.

Matt has never abandoned his entire band and crew in Europe, without payment or plane tickets, to go off on a bender. Steven did.

Matt has never been arrested or served time for hitting women. Steven has.

Matt doesn't spend all his time bragging and telling bald faced lies about how everyone loves everything he does.

And Matt actually gets work. Steven doesn't.

Between the two of them I think I would rather know Matt. And I still can't fathom how anyone thinks Steven is in any way a nice guy. Just because he is happy and smiling and tells funny stories to fans doesn't mean he is a "cool fun guy." Watch a few episodes of Celebrity Rehab and watch the nasty, angry way he really seems to operate...or talk to the band he literally ditched in a foreign country, penniless.

I respect your opinion but I don't care about any of those things. I really don't follow Adler except when he talks about GNR.

I dislike Sorum as a person not as a drummer.

I respect your opinion but I don't care about any of those things. I really don't follow Adler except when he talks about GNR.

You don't have to care about it, and we all have people we personally dislike, just because we do. But thinking a repeat woman beater who stranded an entire group of people on another continent is somehow "nice" really doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by stella

You don't have to care about it. But thinking a repeat woman beater who stranded an entire group of people on another continent is somehow "nice" really doesn't make sense to me.

Then we have to give up on Axl too? Because of the wifebeater label too?

Unfortunately, that's the way it's been with lots of men who are artists and even though I am aware of gender violence, I am totally against it and I don't support it at all, it's really hard for me to detach from artists who have had such impact my life, specially because I started following them in my childhood/adolescence.

If it was today that I started getting into music and rock n roll, I'd probably wouldn't be a fan of these guys. But I'm stuck with the shit now and I really don't want to give up on them because ultimately that's a private life instance I shouldn't be digging. I like these people because of the music they've created and that's all I know about them.

I don't care what Adler does with his life. I regard him as the original GNR drummer and I sort of dig him way more than Sorum. Just because Steven has some fuck-ups that doesn't mean Sorum is inmediately a king. I don't like him. I never will. Regardless of Steven being a prick or a total prince. This is not about Steven, actually. It's about Sorum being a prick and unappealing and boring in general.

You don't have to care about it, and we all have people we personally dislike, just because we do. But thinking a repeat woman beater who stranded an entire group of people on another continent is somehow "nice" really doesn't make sense to me.
Apparently Stella hasn't followed GnR long enough to know Axl's history. Makes sense now.

Stella I hate to be the one that does this to you, but you need to do some research on your idol's life. Just to warn you, you aren't going to enjoy what you find. Your worshipping might come to an end.

Unless you already know about his past? And your Axl worship is such I where you hold Adler and Axl to different standards? Naw, you couldn't be that childish.

Tiny robot good posts in here.

Lol now miser is the GnR history master.

I happen to know a bit about GN'R history, yes, and?

And you are as full if shit in here as you are in anything goes.

Tell us again why you post those long psycho creepy rambles and ask people for help and then you ignore everything people have to say to you?

Edited by Apollo

You don't have to care about it. But thinking a repeat woman beater who stranded an entire group of people on another continent is somehow "nice" really doesn't make sense to me.

Unfortunately, that's the way it's been with lots of men who are artists and even though I am aware of gender violence, I am totally against it and I don't support it at all, it's really hard for me to detach from artists who have had such impact my life, specially because I started following them in my childhood/adolescence.

If it was today that I started getting into music and rock n roll, I'd probably wouldn't be a fan of these guys. But I'm stuck with the shit now and I really don't want to give up on them because ultimately that's a private life instance I shouldn't be digging. I like these people because of the music they've created and that's all I know about them.

I don't care what Adler does with his life. I regard him as the original GNR drummer and I sort of dig him way more than Sorum. Just because Steven has some fuck-ups that doesn't mean Sorum is inmediately a king. I don't like him. I never will. Regardless of Steven being a prick or a total prince. This is not about Steven, actually. It's about Sorum being a prick and unappealing and boring in general.

Axl isn't a nice guy either there. The only thing I might concede with Axl is that he has done a tremendous amount of work to try to resolve his issues there and he never justified the abuse. He hasn't been known to abuse in 23 years or so now. Unlike Steven who still hates women.

I do understand wanting to support childhood heroes, and I also get that in some cases one chooses to consciously separate the person from their work. But I do have an issue when people conflate the two and decide that if someone is a good musician with a good public face they must be a good human being because of it. The bottom line is that someone's musical or artistic talent says nothing about their character as a human being. So while I can understand someone possibly saying complimentary things about Steven's drumming -- although IMHO he's no Buddy Rich-- or liking him as a band member -- as I said, I can't understand how one could claim he is somehow a nice, good guy as a person.

Edited by stella

Axl isn't a nice guy either there. The only thing I might concede with Axl is that he has done a tremendous amount of work to try to resolve his issues there and he never justified the abuse. He hasn't been known to abuse in 23 years or so now. Unlike Steven who still hates women.

But the bottom line is that there is a divide. Someone's musical or artistic talent says nothing about their character as a human being. So while I can understand someone possibly saying complimentary things about Steven's drumming -- although IMHO he's no Buddy Rich-- or liking him as a band member -- as I said, I can't understand how one could claim he is somehow a nice, good guy as a person.

I never said Adler is a "good person". I said I like him cuz I find him cool and funny. I laugh my ass off with his interviews.

I don't know the guy personally as to go saying he's a good guy, I have no clue about that.

But the bottom line is that there is a divide. Someone's musical or artistic talent says nothing about their character as a human being. So while I can understand someone possibly saying complimentary things about Steven's drumming -- although IMHO he's no Buddy Rich-- or liking him as a band member -- as I said, I can't understand how one could claim he is somehow a nice, good guy as a person.

I never said Adler is a "good person". I said I like him cuz I find him cool and funny. I laugh my ass off with his interviews.

I don't know the guy personally as to go saying he's a good guy, I have no clue about that.

In this thread you've said several times how "nice" and "friendly" you think he is.

In this thread you've said several times how "nice" and "friendly" you think he is.

Nice and friendly dont equal "good person".

Im a good person and Im hardly nice or friendly :shrugs:

I do understand wanting to support childhood heroes, and I also get that in some cases one chooses to consciously separate the person from their work. But I do have an issue when people conflate the two and decide that if someone is a good musician with a good public face they must be a good human being because of it. The bottom line is that someone's musical or artistic talent says nothing about their character as a human being. So while I can understand someone possibly saying complimentary things about Steven's drumming -- although IMHO he's no Buddy Rich-- or liking him as a band member -- as I said, I can't understand how one could claim he is somehow a nice, good guy as a person.

Stella you are doing the exact same thing to Axl that you are claiming that people do to Steven. It's quite comical.

Tiny Robot - Miser might be the worst poster on the forum. Don't get sucked into his madness.

And apparently Stella is good friends with Axl and Steven in real life. That's how she knows hat these guys are thinking and how they've acted I'm their PRIVATE lives the past 30 years. You and I don't personally know Axl and Steven, so we aren't really qualified to have an opinion if what they are really like. Stella knows them - so she is allowed.

Edited by Apollo

Nice and friendly dont equal "good person".

Im a good person and Im hardly nice or friendly :shrugs:

Now we're just getting into semantics, and you know it. As I said, thinking a repeat woman beater who stranded an entire group of people on another continent is somehow "nice" really doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by stella

Now we're just getting into semantics, and you know it. As I said, thinking a repeat woman beater who stranded an entire group of people on another continent is somehow "nice" really doesn't make sense to me.

ñ

I really dont know what you're talking about because, as I told you before, I don't follow Steven's career nor gossips about him. If there is an incident with a woman or women I have no idea and I won't comment on it because I haven't read anything about it.

Yeah, maybe this is a problem of me not being a native English speaker and that's why I'm having trouble to make you understand how I feel about Steven.

All in all, and knowing Axl has had that problem too I will try to make clear, one more time, that I'm not giving up on Axl or Steven or GNR because of those things, even if it makes me look like I have double standards or I'm a hypocrite. I'm a fan of them as artists and probably they are the only people in this world that I will concede that "licence".