Tattoos

Black Sabbath

If people want tattoos that's great, go for it. In 2015 though I think it's more original, unique and cool to not have them. Not that everyone who gets tattoos does it to be cool but let's face it tattoos have sort of been adopted into the douchebag culture. Way too many fucktards out there now with "tough stickers" cause they think it makes them badass and it's all part of the "uniform". No thanks. I'll stick with my blank canvas.

Well, that's a broad generalization. I got mine because I liked the idea of expressing something; jumping in and doing something that can't be taken back. For some people tattoos are highly personal, for others, they just like getting them, regardless of what they are. I also think tattoos, as an art form, has progressively become better, to the point where a tattoo can be considered beautiful in its own right without the "tough" and "dangerous" associations that were previously associated with them.

There was no broad generalization whatsoever. That's simply how you chose to take it. I never cirticised your tattoo or even remotely though of you when posting my comment because your tattoo is actually really cool and clearly being ona GnR site it means something. I wasn't talking about you or those who get them for meaningful reasons. I clearly said not everyone gets them to be cool but you can't deny tattoos have become a major accessory among douchebags. If you think I'm saying everyone with a tattoo is a douchebag I suggest you read my post again and not jump to wanting to be offended. I simply stated a fact which we all know. In 2015 a LOT of guys get tattoos because they think it makes them look like a hard ass. It's part of their uniform. You know the type I'm talking about. You can't tell me every person who has a tattoo has them because of their deep meaning. You gotta admit a lot of guys have them for no other reason than to look the part. And now that tattoos have become more socially acceptable more people have them so I do think it's more unique and original not to have tattoos. I don't hate tattoos I just don't want one myself because I don't want something permanent on my body and being tattooless is becoming more rare these days.

Edited by Bono

If people want tattoos that's great, go for it. In 2015 though I think it's more original, unique and cool to not have them. Not that everyone who gets tattoos does it to be cool but let's face it tattoos have sort of been adopted into the douchebag culture. Way too many fucktards out there now with "tough stickers" cause they think it makes them badass and it's all part of the "uniform". No thanks. I'll stick with my blank canvas.

Well, that's a broad generalization. I got mine because I liked the idea of expressing something; jumping in and doing something that can't be taken back. For some people tattoos are highly personal, for others, they just like getting them, regardless of what they are. I also think tattoos, as an art form, has progressively become better, to the point where a tattoo can be considered beautiful in its own right without the "tough" and "dangerous" associations that were previously associated with them.

There was no broad generalization whatsoever. That's simply how you chose to take it. I never cirticised your tattoo or even remotely though of you when posting my comment because your tattoo is actually really cool and clearly being ona GnR site it means something. I wasn't talking about you or those who get them for meaningful reasons. I clearly said not everyone gets them to be cool but you can't deny tattoos have become a major accessory among douchebags. If you think I'm saying everyone with a tattoo is a douchebag I suggest you read my post again and not jump to wanting to be offended. I simply stated a fact which we all know. In 2015 a LOT of guys get tattoos because they think it makes them look like a hard ass. It's part of their uniform. You can't tell me every person who has a tattoo has them because of their deep meaning. You gotta admit a lot of guys have them for no other reason than to look the part. And now that tattoos have become more socially acceptable more people have them so I do think it's more unique and original not to have tattoos.

Fuck you downzy, you trendy unoriginal hooray for tolerance! :lol:

Guess there is no reading comprehension skills around here. Love how you all jump to the conclusion that I was specifically talking about anybody here. Love how you all ignore pretty much everything in my post. Well done boys.

No where did I say I was offended, but that your post bordered on being overtly generalized. Tattoos, in my opinion, are becoming more and more popular for those wanting to express something about themselves. And even those who do get them because they think it's what's "hot" right now, they're still picking designs (I would hope) that speaks to them or says something about them.

I agree that they're becoming less unique and original, but who cares? Very little these days is unique or original. I just question the need to denigrate those who decide the get them because they feel tattoos are more socially acceptable? Who really cares what the motivations are?

Moreover, most people who wore tattoos before they were socially acceptable did so because of peer influence. You think most of the 80s rockers didn't get inked up because they thought it was expected of them in order to fit in? Same with bikers and outlaws; it was a means to play the part. Now that the trend has become more mainstream, I'm not sure you can attribute motivations upon people for getting them as easily as one use to.

Please refrain from personal insults. As notice was given last week, we will not be providing any verbal warnings prior to warning points and suspensions being handed out.

You can make a point without resorting to attacking the person.

Thanks!

Please refrain from personal insults. As notice was given last week, we will not be providing any verbal warnings prior to warning points and suspensions being handed out.

Thanks!

Can i still call Johnny Drama a fat cunt please? :D

Thanks!

Can i still call Johnny Drama a fat cunt please? :D

So long as it's consensual and you bought him dinner beforehand. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You guys prefer black and grey tattoos or color? Got one over the weekend, And the plan was to get it colored in a couple weeks, and there's a lot of different colors involved. but I think it looks pretty cool as is. Maybe I'll get this one colored and the next black and grey.

This one just has a lot of color and I think it'll look really cool i just like the look of black grey more than I thought I did.

DAC914F7-B0AC-4750-BD0E-9C790F3F0D17_zps

5E405954-91E7-4012-B956-149FC5E109A8_zps

What look do you guys like?

Edited by drtydane

• 2 weeks later...