Former Soulfly Bassist Bobby Burns Compares Max and Gloria Cavalera to Axl Rose

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/03/13/former-soulfly-bassist-bobby-burns-compares-max-gloria-cavalera-axl-rose/

"I had a very different vision of what Soulfly is in the beginning. But like with everything you soon realize what you’ve stepped in to. I honestly and would have argued that they were “all about family” “tribe” etc etc and all that bullshit. and they are. They truly are if it only involves their family. I thought they were happy for me when I got married.. To my face they were. I thought they were happy when my son Ryder was born. To my face they were. But you see.. in that band there’s only one family. Theirs. It is really sad and hurtful honestly. They had me fooled. Their old bass player had a baby and what happened? Back were turned on him. He was accused of a bunch of bullshit that wasn’t true and all that, only to make them feel better about themselves. If you had about 900 hours I could tell stories. But my last straw was my last show with the band. Grasspop festival. I had my wife and son out with me for the last week of a 9 and a half week tour of Europe. We headlined. Should a been fun right?! No. Gloria had me, my wife and my 5 month old removed from the bands 2 full-sized dressing rooms to a guitar tuning room so she could smoke dope with her friends and her kids.. A tuning room is a small room that you can’t stretch your arms across in with no food or drinks etc. basically just a chair and a fan. Lucky for me in hindsight Slash (yes Slash from GnR) was on the festival as well and his dressing room was across from our “new” dressing room haha. He was like you play in Soulfly? I was like yea man. you rock! He was like why are you guys in here and I told him. He said “welcome to guns n roses”. That stuck with me and burned into my brain. It was simply the truth. But he only had 1 Axl to deal with. Soulfly has a wife, a husband and 9 million kids to deal with. 90% with the same attitude. Long story short. Theres only one family allowed in that organization and its not yours. They only have people play for them that are single and have no kids. Do the math, Its there for you in back and white. Look at the history. Or read the lies they feed people. Doesn’t matter to me. I quit the day I got home from that tour and offered to do what ever shows they had booked because I didn’t want to fuck them. To retaliate they fed ex’d me a letter saying I was fired."

Well, it's better than smoking dope on a baby's company,imho

Also welcome to guns n roses?
How can Slash said that, when he was a drug addict?

This is not sound right to me....

and the bassist is just whining, that's all

Blood Boiling.

I think they learned how to run things from Sharon Osbourne.

Well actually Sharon and Ozzy helped them immediately when they needed to (they offer max and Gloria their own jet)
http://www.medusamedia.net/gloria-cavalera/

Well, it's better than smoking dope on a baby's company,imho

and the bassist is just whining, that's all

Blood Boiling.

I think they learned how to run things from Sharon Osbourne.

Well actually Sharon and Ozzy helped them immediately when they needed to (they offer max and Gloria their own jet)

http://www.medusamedia.net/gloria-cavalera/

I agree, and yeah I knew that about the Osbournes and I think they did take Max and Gloria under their wing a bit, that's why I mentioned that.

I would compare that to current GnR, Axl has a huge entourage of hangers on and "managers". I'm sure it's easy to get along, as long as you play along. What you can take from this is that there are two sides to the story when one guy is saying one thing you can't always take it as the 100% truth, be it soulfly, VR, GNR... it's smokescreens and PR talk.

I don't not believe this guys story, it's probably true. There's probably a reason why the remainder of Sepultura are so opposed to a reunion of the classic line up even though they could headline festivals and earn good money again, instead of scraping by and not really being taken seriously in metal anymore.