Down in Fraggle Rock....

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is producing and starring in a Fraggle Rock movie. This movie has been in the works for YEARS, it's finally getting the big screen treatment.

I loved the show when I was a young lad. Even though I'm not 12 anymore, I'm looking forward to it. Glad to see it come back. Can't think of any of my childhood

TV shows that hasn't been made into a movie...except for Thundercats! Which I would love to see BTW.... anyone else grow up watching Fraggle Rock?

Edited by 31illusions

Trivia: In prisons in the UK Fraggle is a euphemism for a young man who submits to the will of other men that uh, enjoy the pleasure of his company, so to speak :lol: You can tell someone who used that phrase a lot round these parts, there's a chance they'll've done a bit of bird.

Edited by Len B'stard

Well perhaps that explains why this always did the rounds then:

Down at Fraggle Rock

Grab a Fraggle by the cock

Stick it in his bum

That is how it's done

In my day it went

Down at fraggle rock

Down at Fraggle rock

Grab a Fraggle by his cock

swing him in the air

catch him by his publc hair

down at fraggle rock

down at fraggle rock

*insert line here that i forgot*

stick a chainsaw up his bum

turn the power on

Now the Fraggles gone

Now the Fraggles gone

:lol:

• Like 1

Haha, I'm sure there was more to the one I was going on about but I forget.

I had no idea about the prison connotations, that's fucking funny.

My mate went down for attempted murder in Woodhill (weren't his fault, bunch of lads went for him, he came back with a screwdriver) and when he came out everything was fraggle this, fraggle that, such and such is a fraggle etc etc. The other week i text him that video of Jon Snow when he does the skunk and gets in the MRI machine, he texted me back 'lol, Jon Snow fraggled out' :lol:

Much like most 80s kid shows designed to sell toys, I've no memory of what the show was actually about.

Fraggle Rock wasn't designed to sell toys though.

Sounds like a missed opportunity then. They would've made a killing on stuffed Fraggle toys.

This was Jim Henson wasn't it?

If Uncle travelling Matt isn't in it I'm boycotting the movie.

The show was about a bunch of weird little creatures who lived underground in peace and harmony with the Doozers. Although the Doozers would get frustrated when the Fraggles would eat their Doozer sticks, their only purpose in life was to build so the Fraggles kept eating them and the Doozers kept building with them. In one episode the Fraggles showed copassion and stopped ruining the Doozer's hard work by not eating the Doozer sticks anymore but the Doozers soon had nowhere to build so they decided to leave. The Fraggles then decided to eat and the Doozers began building again. Once in a while the Fraggles would go to the surface to seek wisdom from Madame Trash Heap. Usually, or maybe only Gobo. They'd have to be careful though cause the Giants lived up there and would eat always try to catcha Fraggle. Uncle Travelling Matt(Gobo's Uncle) left Fraggle Rock through a hole in the wall that went inot a guys house. The hole was guarded by Sprocket the dog. Uncle Travelling Matt went out inot the world(our human world) and wodl send back postcards to Gobo about his travels. The postcards would always been through in the trash by the guy..... Doc I think his name was and Gobo would have to get past the beast(Sprocket the dog) to retriev the postcards from the trash can.

That's basically what it's about I think. I typed that out from memory haha.

Much like most 80s kid shows designed to sell toys, I've no memory of what the show was actually about.

Sounds like a missed opportunity then. They would've made a killing on stuffed Fraggle toys.

Yep, it was Jim Henson.

I would definitely have hounded my folks for stuffed Fraggles though, you're right.

They had the stuffed Fraggle toys. Gobo, Wembley, Red, Boober, Mokey, The Doozers............. they had them all

fragglerock+toys.jpg

Edited by Bono