Fallout 4

How do you get more options in the builder like refrigerators, washers, nice beds, etc.?

you need to find a magazine called "picket fences" there are 5 versions that unlock new things. i dont think you can craft refrigerators though which is stupid.

How do you get more options in the builder like refrigerators, washers, nice beds, etc.?

you need to find a magazine called "picket fences" there are 5 versions that unlock new things. i dont think you can craft refrigerators though which is stupid.
Must have been a mod I saw. Oh well.

I know I picked up one of those but wasn't sure if there were others that gave you other stuff.

What about for food recipes? Anything to unlock others?

Edit: shit, those magazines don't give you anything interesting :lol:

The builder is cool but you're fairly limited in what you can do, unless you're on PC. First things first, it should let you put a wall wherever you want, that way I can "board up" the places with destroyed walls and windows.

What place did you guys claim as your main settlement? I typically go to sanctuary for everything but thinking about making somewhere else my home.

homemaker mod is one of the best mods ever. I hope its one that comes to consoles(it probably will IMO) it expands the amount of stuff you can build including better generators, i was able to go from 40+ generators to power my house to 8. it adds refrigerators, ammo boxes, medical boxes, new walls(including multi story walls) easier to snap walls, plus a bunch of new wall decorations.

At long last, I can turn in that mission to Kells. Ugh.

How did you get around it? Just continuing with the BoS storyline?

Yeah just did a bunch of othe stuff and I went to the place I had Danse (The Slog lol) to do something and walked by him and he engaged in conversation and said to report to Kells from here on out.

I'm currently experiencing more bugs where my guy's holding up his arm like its crippled even though i've got full health, and my 3rd person camera is messed up n all over the place. Apparently theyre common faults but nothings cured them so far.

I dismissed Dogmeat a while back n took on Strong the super mutant as a companion, but he would always stand in doorways as I'm trying to get through them and he would always get noticed by enemies when i was trying to be sly, so I was gettin well pissed off with him haha and he didn't like it when you picked a lock or put on power armour! So i dismissed him and i was missing my faithful companion, so headed back to Sanctuary for dogmeat, but couldnt find him anywhere! Googled that aswel, but he was nowhere to be seen so I gave up on him. Luckily, doing the main quest seemed to require Dogmeat for sniffing out a trail, so he appeared during the quest! Was well chuffed! I wish there was a map marker for dogmeat cause he always barks and runs off cause hes found something but then I cant even find him! He just disappears for 5 mins. So I guess what I'm saying is the game needs a bit more work, but i'm totally hooked. Could play literally all day and have done.

yeah sometimes companions that are needed for certain quests will disappear from settlements and will be waiting at the quest location. i had this happen to nick valentine once, but at least with the PC you can type in a command and make him appear. i didnt even download the new patch since i heard it could mess things up.

merry christmas from the wasteland:

ScreenShot6_zpskooefgww.png

for black sabbath

ScreenShot7_zpslbrmvzgm.png

Edited by bran

• 2 weeks later...

I've completed three of the four possible ending paths.

I chose the Institute ending as my main game, and the one I'll continue playing from. I like science. I'd kept a save file at the point of no return, so was able to play through the Railroad and Brotherhood of Steel endings as well, and I have to say that they are a lot more to go through. I still stand by my choice and like the overall outcome of the Institute better, but it's a bit lacking in gameplay in comparison with the others. Sneaking around the Institute with the Railroad is awesome, as is storming the place with Liberty Prime. The battle at the airport as the Institute was still good, it was really cool to see the people you'd interacted with randomly show up on the other side of the battle. And Elder Maxon's coat looks wonderful on me.

On a side note, the Paladin Danse side quest is absolutely tremendous.

• 2 weeks later...

Still taking this fairly slow. I'm about to go to the Institute.

Honestly, I think I kind of like Fallout 3 more. There's a lot to do in this game but then on the other hand, there's not? Not enough "real" side quests and too many annoying grinding quests.

Not to mention the builder is cool, but they dropped the ball with it and could have made it a lot better and more interesting with stuff to make (without PC mods).

Still loving the game, but I don't find myself dying to play it like I was Fallout 3 or Skyrim even.

• Like 1

Still taking this fairly slow. I'm about to go to the Institute.

Honestly, I think I kind of like Fallout 3 more. There's a lot to do in this game but then on the other hand, there's not? Not enough "real" side quests and too many annoying grinding quests.

Not to mention the builder is cool, but they dropped the ball with it and could have made it a lot better and more interesting with stuff to make (without PC mods).

Still loving the game, but I don't find myself dying to play it like I was Fallout 3 or Skyrim even.

I think I'm on the same boat, but at the same time, I look at the map and even still there are huge chunks I've barely touched. I think part of the "less content" feeling comes from the fact that what used to be guild-related questlines turned into the branching story. I recommend keeping a save at the various points of no return and playing every main path, I found it pretty worthwhile. I can't wait to see what the DLC expansions are like though.

I've got numerous saves, but at what point can I save so I can just go back and branch off to a different ending? I'm not going to start a brand new game to do the other endings and all that.

As far as I know, there's pretty clear points that say "You'll make a permanent enemy out of ______", so you can save it before it proceeding. It's certainly obvious for the Railroad/Institute endings, I can't remember at what point I followed with the Brotherhood but if you've another save for the others without them being an enemy then you can just exclusively do their missions. I've not done the Minutemen path so no idea about that one I'm afraid.

I'm really not digging this on the PS4. Those bodies that haven't despawned in "days of real life time" are distracting. So is rotating walls/floors for ages to get them placed right. Mama Murphy is always randomly on the workhouse building roof (in Sanctuary Hills). There's a glitched Brahim floating through the walls every other time I visit it and Preston Garvey spamming me with annoying quests I can't turn down or reject is annoying.

It's falling into the Skyrim issue too of me revisiting too many areas over/over again for different quests :(. These are simple things that should have been addressed shortly after release with a patch for PS.

I guess all these issues don't matter on the PC? :P.

I quit it after i left the institute and got the best power armor and the jetpack.

I was playing in survival mode. Just once my settlement was under attack. Then nothing. Totally boring at that point.

Just go back to the witcher 3.

And at work i am playing Anvil of Dawn. GREAT GAME, somewhat i missed that title in the 90's.