Fallout 4

found a katatonia reference :headbang::headbang::headbang:

thats like 3 bethesda games in a row with a katatonia easter egg.

if any katatonia fans want to know the easter egg:

go to listening post bravo, inside you will see a terminal with notes from a sgt j.p. renske the singer for katatonia is jonas renske. the notes talk about hearing signals coming over the radio and only a few phrases were heard, the phrases are actually lyrics to the katatonia song "dead letters"

then in the letters it talks about hearing the letters DEK, which stands for dead end kings which is the katatonia album dead letters appears on.

someone at bethesda is a major metal fan

Edited by bran

i think i bit off more than i can chew with my current building project. i wanted to build a huge american flag in light boxes. for every 10 lights you need a large generator....... i have like 8 generators hitched up and im about a quarter of the way done, with all the copper, aluminum and steel you need im royally fucked :lol:

I got sucked in with all the Black Friday hype and on sunday got myself an xbox one with Fallout, Halo and Forza.

I'm off work ill, for the past two days, so I couldn't have bought it at a better time! Haha

That happened when GTA 5 came out on 360 as well... I'd gotten food poisoning the day it came through my letterbox and was off work, unable to leave my bed without throwing up, for 5 fucking days. I Just lay there playing GTA For most of it haha. Yesterday my gf's like "i know your game... You did this when GTA came out" haha.

Fallout 4's good though! Progress is slow at first. It took me so long to work out the buttons and how to just use everything. Barely touched the main questline, i've only just arrived at Diamond City, but done a bunch of other stuff and i'm like level 11. I've found a couple buggy things like Preston and one of the woman just standing on the house roof for ages. And I've noticed that now and again, my screen gets this sort of imprint of the pip-boy or start menu, sort of like screen burn. I'll be playing as normal and still see the box with the word "QUICKSAVE" on it in a sort of purpley shade. Anyone else had that? It goes away eventually, i was actually quite worried at first. I've never had that with anything else.

i think the brotherhood of steel needs to drug test their vertibird pilots.

i was doing the "long time coming" side quest(nick valentines quest) was going to the nahant sheriff station looking for a hollo tape when i hear a chopper coming, all of a sudden it opened up on some raiders(two legendary raiders and a legendary mongrel :wacko: ) they were dropping bombs and blowing shit up, all of a sudden the vertibird starts drifting side ways like the wind blew it ,then it hit the top of a building exploding onto a bunch of cars, causing the cars to explode nearly killing me, not cool brotherhood <_<

Edited by bran

ScreenShot3_zpsjloxflmq.png

ScreenShot4_zpsmepspfgf.png

ScreenShot5_zpsiworowat.png

i had to use a variation of the american flag from 1823, since to make today's flag or the flag from 1776 i would have needed a shit ton of more lights and generators, jamaica plains has little building room as it is(so i had to build vertically) and yes all materials were scavenged and bought, it took me almost 3 weeks to finish this :lol:

the final count was 364 lights, a little over 40 generators, my towns electricity rating is 529.

Edited by bran
  • Like 2

i was doing the "long time coming" side quest(nick valentines quest) was going to the nahant sheriff station looking for a hollo tape when i hear a chopper coming, all of a sudden it opened up on some raiders(two legendary raiders and a legendary mongrel :wacko: ) they were dropping bombs and blowing shit up, all of a sudden the vertibird starts drifting side ways like the wind blew it ,then it hit the top of a building exploding onto a bunch of cars, causing the cars to explode nearly killing me, not cool brotherhood <_<

Seriously...those vertibird's crash all the damn time around me :lol:

Also nice settlement! I'm not even gonna try designing those lights until I really get later in this game...otherwise that's all I'd be doing :lol:

Seriously...those vertibird's crash all the damn time around me :lol:

Also nice settlement! I'm not even gonna try designing those lights until I really get later in this game...otherwise that's all I'd be doing :lol:

thanks, yeah i still not done with it yet but im taking a break to go out and explore and do quests and stuff, its kind of like that south park episode where they play WOW :lol: "what do we do now?" "we play the game"

• Like 2

Waited too long to do the Lost Patrol quest and now I can't finish it because Danse Clooney is available as a companion and doesn't acknowledge the quest.

Also can't get any quests from PAM at the Railroad because the dumb robot bitch won't talk to me for whatever reason, so I can't get the Ballistic Armor weave mod.

Ffs

Waited too long to do the Lost Patrol quest and now I can't finish it because Danse Clooney is available as a companion and doesn't acknowledge the quest.

Also can't get any quests from PAM at the Railroad because the dumb robot bitch won't talk to me for whatever reason, so I can't get the Ballistic Armor weave mod.

Ffs

cant help you with the first one, the only thing i heard was you could turn quests into kells on the prydwen.

as for PAM did you do any of the quests for the railroad? you have to do 3 or 4 quests before she will talk to you IIRC they were

boston after dark

operation ticonderoga

mercer safehouse.

weathervane(not sure about his one)

i remember doing the boston after dark/weathervane quests, got the mercer safehouse quest, when i came back drummer boy came up to me and told me PAM wanted to talk to me. if you do her quest, go talk to tinker tom and he will talk about ballistic weave, it will then be unlocked at your armor crafting section.

This happened to me as well. I have heard there's some fixes, but nothing has worked for me at this stage of the game. It's a pain, because I was really enjoying the quest. Hopefully it'll be properly fixed soon.

• Like 1

So far, I don't get all the criticism on this one, people saying it looks outdated. Do people really care that much about graphics? It's a Bethesda game that is not bug ridden, well, not enough to break the game or corrupt save data, that is, but the new power armor mechanics are just so good. It feels like having the dwarven Hyperion without being that much OP. Glad to see the advanced power armor from the sequel is here, now called X01 and it looks awesome, way better than the 3 ou NV version of it. I just like how they made it bulkier just like on the original games.

So far, I don't get all the criticism on this one, people saying it looks outdated. Do people really care that much about graphics? It's a Bethesda game that is not bug ridden, well, not enough to break the game or corrupt save data, that is, but the new power armor mechanics are just so good. It feels like having the dwarven Hyperion without being that much OP. Glad to see the advanced power armor from the sequel is here, now called X01 and it looks awesome, way better than the 3 ou NV version of it. I just like how they made it bulkier just like on the original games.

the only thing i dislike in terms of graphics is the player models, they just look off, other than that i think the graphics look good.