Neil Young new album (against Monsanto)

IZZYISGNR

How is one supposed to react? How about "who cares it is none of my business and has nothing to do with their music I enjoy? Neil Young and Ronnie Wood are not a family member or a friend of yours so how exactly does their personal life impact you?

I felt the same way about Axl when people scrutinized every aspect of their lives that had nothing to do with the music or the band. Their personal life is none of our business.

Crosby made some really ignorant public comments about Hannah which IMHO were uncalled for. He really had no need to say the things he did in public even if he believed them and I don't blame Neil for being pissed. At least in his case he has some investment in the situation as he has known Neil and his exwife for 30+ year while we have no investment in the situation to be passing judgment.

They shouldn't do interviews, biographies and put their pictures on album covers then. None of this has anything to do with the music so why bother?

What does any of that have to do with anyone passing judgment on his divorce? First of all we have no idea why the man got divorced nor should we care. Maybe his marriage went south long ago and he finally had enough to make the split and second he is not a family member so it does not directly impact us.

Music is one of my passions and probably my main hobby at this point. I constantly listen to music and read a lot of biographies related to musicians and bands. In some cases I think they have fascinating lives, like Keith Richards, as it is interesting to me how they came to be where they are but I don't get emotionally involved in their personal lives as it really is not my place to judge their behavior.

The Howard Stern interview with David Crosby was fantastic as he is a very open person and I learned a lot about the dynamics of his career and how some of the CSNY songs came about but when Howard brought up the subject even David admitted his comment was out of place and basically none of his business. He said the important thing was Neil was happy with his place in life right now which is all that matters in the grand scheme of things

Listen this debate is useless as you and I obviously disagree on the subject so we are not going to change each others minds. We will just have to agree to disagree..........

I think you are creating an argument about nothing. If true (n.b italics, as I freely admit we do not know the facts) that he has done the dirty on Pegi, it is a pretty low maneuver by anyone's estimation. It does not mean I'm ''emotionally involved''. I'm merely offering an opinion (on a Guns N' Roses forum of all things).

How is one supposed to react? How about "who cares it is none of my business and has nothing to do with their music I enjoy? Neil Young and Ronnie Wood are not a family member or a friend of yours so how exactly does their personal life impact you?

I felt the same way about Axl when people scrutinized every aspect of their lives that had nothing to do with the music or the band. Their personal life is none of our business.

Crosby made some really ignorant public comments about Hannah which IMHO were uncalled for. He really had no need to say the things he did in public even if he believed them and I don't blame Neil for being pissed. At least in his case he has some investment in the situation as he has known Neil and his exwife for 30+ year while we have no investment in the situation to be passing judgment.

They shouldn't do interviews, biographies and put their pictures on album covers then. None of this has anything to do with the music so why bother?

What does any of that have to do with anyone passing judgment on his divorce? First of all we have no idea why the man got divorced nor should we care. Maybe his marriage went south long ago and he finally had enough to make the split and second he is not a family member so it does not directly impact us.

Music is one of my passions and probably my main hobby at this point. I constantly listen to music and read a lot of biographies related to musicians and bands. In some cases I think they have fascinating lives, like Keith Richards, as it is interesting to me how they came to be where they are but I don't get emotionally involved in their personal lives as it really is not my place to judge their behavior.

The Howard Stern interview with David Crosby was fantastic as he is a very open person and I learned a lot about the dynamics of his career and how some of the CSNY songs came about but when Howard brought up the subject even David admitted his comment was out of place and basically none of his business. He said the important thing was Neil was happy with his place in life right now which is all that matters in the grand scheme of things

Listen this debate is useless as you and I obviously disagree on the subject so we are not going to change each others minds. We will just have to agree to disagree..........

I think you are creating an argument about nothing. If true (n.b italics, as I freely admit we do not know the facts) that he has done the dirty on Pegi, it is a pretty low maneuver by anyone's estimation. It does not mean I'm ''emotionally involved''. I'm merely offering an opinion (on a Guns N' Roses forum of all things).

Whatever mate this discussion is going nowhere. We will just have to agree to disagree.......

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...