Team Brazil - asset or detriment

tomfriend

If there is a reunion TB won´t be the managers. That´s one of the reasons why a reunion hasn´t happened yet. Sure TB could still be Axl´s personal caretakers or his legal guardians but not GN´R managers

There is only one reason a reunion hasn't happened and probably never will. Even the evil reunion midget couldn't do it. If Axl doesn't want to do it, it won't happen.

For Axl, a manager is only there to say yes and to advance what Axl wants at that moment in time. But one thing he never showed interest in is even talking to Slash, and Beta ain't going anywhere.

Sure, Axl has always said no. But if one day he says yes still Slash, Izzy and Duff won´t let him do whatever he wants. They won´t be willing to deal with riots or 3 hours late shows. Things won´t be like they were during the UYI days. Axl wants to do it but he rather not to do it because he knows that everything would be very different.

If there is a reunion TB won´t be the managers. That´s one of the reasons why a reunion hasn´t happened yet. Sure TB could still be Axl´s personal caretakers or his legal guardians but not GN´R managers

There is only one reason a reunion hasn't happened and probably never will. Even the evil reunion midget couldn't do it. If Axl doesn't want to do it, it won't happen.

For Axl, a manager is only there to say yes and to advance what Axl wants at that moment in time. But one thing he never showed interest in is even talking to Slash, and Beta ain't going anywhere.

Sure, Axl has always said no. But if one day he says yes still Slash, Izzy and Duff won´t let him do whatever he wants. They won´t be willing to deal with riots or 3 hours late shows. Things won´t be like they were during the UYI days. Axl wants to do it but he rather not to do it because he knows that everything would be very different.

And don't forget it will probably ruin Axl's solo Guns. He doesn't want that. Will he even risk it? doesn't seem likely. This is why he said he will only perform with one or two of them at a time.

I guess there is always a chance as long as the 5 of them are alive, but there's a clock on it, cause after they're 60 years old it's kinda pathetic, and I can totally see Axl clinging to his bitter hate for at least 10 more years.

The simple fact is Axl is a detriment for Guns cause he is Guns, but not really. He needed those guys then, and he still needs most of them now.

Edited by Rovim

If the Eagles & Aerosmith can get past all that hate for all that lovely retirement money, then GNR could too.

No man is immune to that lure especially if they realise that what they have in the bank may not sustain another 30 years of living high on the hog while paying all of those staff, ex-wives, country clubs, car dealers, clinics, doctors etc...

How much would you need in the bank in the US to get treated for prostrate cancer in the best hospitals?
That kind of shit has a way of draining years of hard earned $$$ fast..

I'm sure these guys have financial advisers who politely point out the cash-elephant in the room when asked to outline the best options for these guys to stay wealthy.

If the Eagles & Aerosmith can get past all that hate for all that lovely retirement money, then GNR could too.

No man is immune to that lure especially if they realise that what they have in the bank may not sustain another 30 years of living high on the hog while paying all of those staff, ex-wives, country clubs, car dealers, clinics, doctors etc...

How much would you need in the bank in the US to get treated for prostrate cancer in the best hospitals?

That kind of shit has a way of draining years of hard earned $$$ fast..

I'm sure these guys have financial advisers who politely point out the cash-elephant in the room when asked to outline the best options for these guys to stay wealthy.

Axl can sustain his lavish lifestyle without a reunion. If he hates Slash and wants new Guns to continue, he has no reason to do a reunion.

Not sure why a reunion is still being discussed as a real possibility. It has less chances than fat Axl getting his shit together and releasing a record with actual good music. :shrugs:

What guarantee do we have that the new album would be about good music? CD wasn´t too much of a good album. Outside forums nobodys cares about Axl´s new band. By nobody I mean the general public, the media, the record company or promoters. With a new album with his band all Axl can get is a Vegas residency and Brazil. Besides we don´t even know if there still a new band either. BBF is gone, DJ working with Sixx A.M. And others involved in other projects. I´d like to hear The General and Soul Monster but most likely they are like If The World, Riad or This I Love. Even if they are like Better or TWAT It´s not good enough for me. I don´t want a Beltrami orchestra nor Pittman´s fart noises.

A reunion would have a much bigger impact. It would be a good motivation for Axl to be who he used to be at least to some degree. I don´t know if a reunion will take place. But if I have to pick I go with the old band even if Axl sings like shit. Still it is the real thing

Padme summed it up and I'll throw a few more in.

- The late starts won't ever really, permanently disappear as a possibility for each show. That is a cloud Slash & Duff won't work under.

- TB won't disappear either so there will be lots of amateurs hanging around the band.

- Duff & Slash are sober family men, CEO's in their own right and business savvy i.e. not inclined to accept TB on any level.

- Both men are at their best in terms of their physical interaction with their craft - Axl very much is not.

- Contractual BS will end any reunion in seconds - I have no confidence that Axl & his camp would be offering terms that reflect the reality of Axl's situation i.e. he needs the reunion more than the other two in terms of rescuing his legacy.

- Izzy will be even more skittish and willing to disappear the second trouble flares.

Its all too flimsy to hang together really, much as I wish it would.

- The late starts won't ever really, permanently disappear as a possibility for each show. That is a cloud Slash & Duff won't work under.

- TB won't disappear either so there will be lots of amateurs hanging around the band.

- Duff & Slash are sober family men, CEO's in their own right and business savvy i.e. not inclined to accept TB on any level.

- Both men are at their best in terms of their physical interaction with their craft - Axl very much is not.

- Contractual BS will end any reunion in seconds - I have no confidence that Axl & his camp would be offering terms that reflect the reality of Axl's situation i.e. he needs the reunion more than the other two in terms of rescuing his legacy.

- Izzy will be even more skittish and willing to disappear the second trouble flares.

Maybe Axl feels keeping new Guns alive as much as he can is rescuing his legacy and making enough money without a reunion which he could see as a detriment to the legacy.

Maybe Axl feels keeping new Guns alive as much as he can is rescuing his legacy and making enough money without a reunion which he could see as a detriment to the legacy.

Then he's an idiot.

• Like 1

Then he's an idiot.

I think Axl is between a rock and a hard place. He put himself in that situation. We all agree that the best way to go is a reunion. But Axl knows he would need to give up too much control and power and he is not willing to do that. Then there is this new band going nowhere. BBF is not coming back without a new album on the horizon. Axl knows he can´t tour without a real and serious lead guitar. Even if Axl hires Carlos Santana or someone of that caliber he knows that nobody outside fans forums gives a fuck about a new album with this new band. He couldn´t sell nuGN´R as real GN´R neither to the industry nor to the general public and not to a great number of die hard GN´R fans.