Why the ballad hate?

The ballad hate comes from repressed homosexuals who think that liking a sad or slow song will reveal them as a hooray for tolerance!. Despite the fact that the Beatles had 'em, the Stones had 'em, Alice Cooper had 'em and so on. They think every rock band should be AC/DC churning out the exact same knuckle dragging riffs for them to listen to while they drink Budweiser on the back of their flatbed truck. It's not like there's an allusion to having both a hard edge and a softer side in Guns N' Roses name or anything, after all.

Edited by tomfriend

SCOM isn't a ballad. AFD doesn't have any ballads at all.

iirc axl said it was a ballad. I think it was on the Eddie trunk radio interview. That's why they didn't put don't cry on afd. I love ballads, they reflect what they feel at that time. I don't consider any cheesy as some do here.

I don't care what all said, it's not a ballad obviously. Anyone that thinks so doesn't know what a ballad is. I can see Axl wanting people to think that because it helps justify how he ruined the bands sound.

SCOM is a hard rock song.

Edited by nambis

The ballad hate comes from repressed homosexuals who think that liking a sad or slow song will reveal them as a hooray for tolerance!. Despite the fact that the Beatles had 'em, the Stones had 'em, Alice Cooper had 'em and so on. They think every rock band should be AC/DC churning out the exact same knuckle dragging riffs for them to listen to while they drink Budweiser on the back of their flatbed truck. It's not like there's an allusion to having both a hard edge and a softer side in Guns N' Roses name or anything, after all.

I remember watching an AC/DC documentary on Youtube in which it declaimed that one of the 'great things' about the band is that ''they are never going to pull a ballad on you''. Must admit, I cannot argue with the logic. The theory behind their original success was, DC appealed to boozy working class ute driving Australian males.

There was a point where power metal ballads became cliched and something the record company probably pushed some of the bands to do, but there's some great ones that tie into war and death. Rainbow and Deep Purple had some great ones, Lemmy's written a few, King Diamond's Melissa, Maiden's Remember Tomorrow, Sabbath's Children of the Sea, Planet Caravan, Scorpions Still Loving You, Priest's Dreamer Deceiver and Beyond the Realms of Death, Pantera's Cemetery Gates (sort of), Metallica's Fade to Black and Orion, even early Alice Cooper's earler stuff before he did Only Women Bleed had some ballads in there.

I remember watching an AC/DC documentary on Youtube in which it declaimed that one of the 'great things' about the band is that ''they are never going to pull a ballad on you''. Must admit, I cannot argue with the logic. The theory behind their original success was, DC appealed to boozy working class ute driving Australian males.

Yeah, I don't want them to deviate too much from the established themes they've chosen to explore.

Im a sucker for a good ballad..Axls always been good at putting together ballads. And Sorry is definitely not a ballad btw.

Well the music in Sorry isn´t exactly heavy metal nor it does sound like Aerosmith, or Rolling Stones classic rock either

Still doesnt make it a ballad.