Why the ballad hate?

I was reading in a few threads people complaining about gnr ballads. If you ask me it's the power ballads why I love gnr. One could even argue it's why most people got into gnr. SCOM and patience. If it wasn't for now rain (a top 5 smash hit) (#2 music vid of all time according to MTV). It gave them lots of fame. Why the hate?

I don´t hate the old ballads. I hate ITW and TIL because they are horrible. And Sorry shouldn´t be a ballad. The lyrics don´t fit the traditional ballad. I guess it would´ve been better as an acoustic song like OIAM or You Are Crazy

I don´t hate the old ballads. I hate ITW and TIL because they are horrible. And Sorry shouldn´t be a ballad. The lyrics don´t fit the traditional ballad. I guess it would´ve been better as an acoustic song like OIAM or You Are Crazy

from the new band, Street of Dreams is an amazing ballad, I like TIL too.

I won't call ITW or Sorry ballads, the lyrics of those songs are pretty cringe worthy, thats another thing people even find TIL cringe worthy, but I really like it lol

• Like 2

Im a sucker for a good ballad..Axls always been good at putting together ballads. And Sorry is definitely not a ballad btw.

Well the music in Sorry isn´t exactly heavy metal nor it does sound like Aerosmith, or Rolling Stones classic rock either

I was reading in a few threads people complaining about gnr ballads. If you ask me it's the power ballads why I love gnr. One could even argue it's why most people got into gnr. SCOM and patience. If it wasn't for now rain (a top 5 smash hit) (#2 music vid of all time according to MTV). It gave them lots of fame. Why the hate?

now rain is a true masterpiece

SCOM isn't a ballad. AFD doesn't have any ballads at all.

iirc axl said it was a ballad. I think it was on the Eddie trunk radio interview. That's why they didn't put don't cry on afd. I love ballads, they reflect what they feel at that time. I don't consider any cheesy as some do here.

Edited by Mendez

Are you asking why people dont' like certain songs despite them being popular among others?

I don't like November Rain and many other ballads because I just don't. No hate, just don't particularly like slow music. And them being popular has no bearings on what I like.