What was the worst period of time to be a GN'R fan for you?

gnrstuffcoolyea12

2002-2005, or the "soon is not the word" era.

2005 was baaaaaaad. That was radio silence. We got nothing. I remember being a perusing guest from mid-2004 until mid-2005, when I finally joined. This board somehow managed enough conspiracy theories, debates, IRS leak analysis and "does ChiDem exist" threads to make it to May 2006, but man ... looking back, I have no idea how we filled the time. Fans were getting more and more antsy, too. It wasn't like 2003, when we still had some residue from the 2001-2002 tour and got the IRS leak. Then 2004 with the release dates and counting Tuesdays and GTA: San Andreas. 2005 was just nothing. The idea that "Chinese Democracy does not exist" was plausible. So was the notion that Guns N' Roses was finished and Axl would never be in public again.

2002 through January 2006 -- when he gave the "fans will hear music this year" quote -- fans weren't given any reason to stick around and wait. We did, though.

Edited by 3rd Wheel

09-15, and I've been a fan since 1989.

DJ Ashba, Axl appearing to be a shadow of his former self, the rest of it...fucking awful.

At least before all that (mid 90's-2007) there was an air of mystery and excitement, which was pretty strong around the 06-07 tour.

2011-14.

At least with the silent periods you could speculate on things improving, but what we were presented with in 2011-14 was a dogshite cabaret act featuring; terrible vocals; staid setlists; an out-of-shape frontman; a dreary supplier of cheese in DJ Ashba; awful management (Team Brazil) cocking everything up, and shameless examples of selling-out such as the Budweiser advertisement. It is as if Axl just decided he didn't care anymore. It is shocking how overnight it was, as he was still producing quality vocals as late as 2010, then immediately in 2011 - Rio, yellow rainjacket - it became apparent that the guy had given up.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1992 - PRESENT DAY

1992 was when i realized my favorite band and the best band ever was no more what it used to be

the tracy and roberta era was horrendous but back then it seemed like it could go back good times real fast

it took me a while to realise how there is no way for guns n roses to be guns n roses without izzy and steven

specially izzy. he needs to be there

i really, really hope he can be in this reunion thing and i really hope that there is no other guitar player involved other than izzy and slash

so guns n roses can be guns n roses again