New Interview with Goldstein

I just noticed Doug sniffin through out the interview.

I noticed hearing ice in glass.

What I understood from the interview was that managers must not be made friends... when a professional manager(s) start dealing with 'personalities' and are tackling personalities rather than work... thats trouble.

Niven lost control of them basically.

Good interview. Better than Niven's... however, it was all over the place and haphazard. Mitch had a fanboy moment and was suffering from verbal dysentery.

It looks like Doug Goldstein was an Axl manager than the band manager. His tongue was so far up Axl's butt that he probably made Axl think that everybody is his enemy.

When 2 people start fighting or one person says something nasty... its usually coz of a reason. When there is no reason at all... I tend to believe that the 3rd party might have said something to rile them up. And in this case... many a times that third party could be Doug himself.

Yeah. Look at the incident where Axl threatens Slash on stage. Why did he think Slash was trashing him to the audience? Well Doug was there to lend a helping hand.

We had a run-in in Dayton [Ohio], because both myself and Dougie thought he said something shitty to me onstage. That was the night I cut my hand to the bone. Backstage we have monitors much like the ones onstage, and while I was back there dealing with my hand, I thought I heard him take a potshot at me. I wrapped my hand up in a towel and was like, "Let's get it taken care of, so I can finish the show." I came back onstage and was a dick to him and told him I'd kick his f?!king ass in front of 20,000 people. That was f?!ked up. I was wrong, and I apologized the second I realized I was mistaken. Someone who is supporting me as strongly as he does is a hand I never want to bite.

Such a weird paranoid thing to think. Why would any of your bandmates be trashing you on stage? But this is where Axl's head was, with the help of Doug. The guy did a lot of damage to GNR imo.

I listened the whole dialogue of the mess long ago. there was an audio on youtube. Axl was back stage healing his hand. And Slash told the audience they were to do some jamming because he "cut his hand" But Axl missunderstood the words for "costum change" That´s why he got pissed off. Poor Slash didn´t understand what the problem was. So I guess Axl needs to take the wax out of his ears more often to listen properly

Good interview. Better than Niven's... however, it was all over the place and haphazard. Mitch had a fanboy moment and was suffering from verbal dysentery.

It looks like Doug Goldstein was an Axl manager than the band manager. His tongue was so far up Axl's butt that he probably made Axl think that everybody is his enemy.

When 2 people start fighting or one person says something nasty... its usually coz of a reason. When there is no reason at all... I tend to believe that the 3rd party might have said something to rile them up. And in this case... many a times that third party could be Doug himself.

Yeah. Look at the incident where Axl threatens Slash on stage. Why did he think Slash was trashing him to the audience? Well Doug was there to lend a helping hand.

We had a run-in in Dayton [Ohio], because both myself and Dougie thought he said something shitty to me onstage. That was the night I cut my hand to the bone. Backstage we have monitors much like the ones onstage, and while I was back there dealing with my hand, I thought I heard him take a potshot at me. I wrapped my hand up in a towel and was like, "Let's get it taken care of, so I can finish the show." I came back onstage and was a dick to him and told him I'd kick his f?!king ass in front of 20,000 people. That was f?!ked up. I was wrong, and I apologized the second I realized I was mistaken. Someone who is supporting me as strongly as he does is a hand I never want to bite.

Such a weird paranoid thing to think. Why would any of your bandmates be trashing you on stage? But this is where Axl's head was, with the help of Doug. The guy did a lot of damage to GNR imo.

I listened the whole dialogue of the mess long ago. there was an audio on youtube. Axl was back stage healing his hand. And Slash told the audience they were to do some jamming because he "cut his hand" But Axl missunderstood the words for "costum change" That´s why he got pissed off. Poor Slash didn´t understand what the problem was. So I guess Axl needs to take the wax out of his ears more often to listen properly

Ive heard that audio and still have it. Actually Slash did mention costume change... but not in a derogatory way.

Slash starts off on the mic saying "its not a costume change... he has cut his hand he'll be back... lets do a jam... bring in the piano and make it gay".

So maybe someone in the audience or crew/bodyguards joked that it was a costume change.

Either way... it wasnt something to fight about onstage and frankly UYI tours had 80 people onstage and Axl DID change his clothes... so cant blame Slash entirely.

Although it did make it a good show and audio hehehe.

• 3 weeks later...
On January 13, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Asia said:

Axl basically called Doug to tell him to shut up cause he was trying to mend his relationship with Slash and Doug was talking about things that caused the conflict. Not sure how Doug's talking can change anything but apparently such things matter to Axl. Anyway that doesn't mean anything changed between Axl and Doug. If this was the case Doug would never stop bragging about it.

Because sometimes some yahoo can say one little simple thing, which can be taken out of context then the whole thing is off the rails, or it could trigger an emotion or some fight for a reason that neither guy should care about anymore. Something as fragile as mending axl and slash should be taken very carefully so, I get it in that sense. 

On January 14, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Darkness Descends said:

For example: Doug said that once Axl was in a good mood after his annulment with Erin and wanted to talk to Niven again. Niven started telling him that he's a failure not just as a band member but also in his personal life. It seems bizarre... ofcourse Doug first went to Niven to start the communication channel... looks like he might have said something wrong for Niven to say crap like that which seems illogical and out-of-place.

Other than that... I do believe that Axl was the last one to sign on the Steven Adler firing papers. Since he never rehearses, I believe that it was Slash and Duff who wanted to throw out Adler.

Possibly but Niven also had more of an ego. He did wear gold chains, the cowboy hat, his annoying accent (lol jk) but I do get that with Niven writing as much as he did for the great white, that he probably always felt like another band member. I just think Niven had a bit of an ego, and when you cross that with axls ego, who just wanted Niven to be the manager and not the songwriter, you're going to have creative differences. The difference between Niven and Goldstein for me is although Doug may have stayed more loyal to axl, Niven is very, very bitter for reasons that don't seem to completely justify him. I just think that at the point of the annulment that the damage between Niven and axl was done so Niven said a dumb thing. Then again, ask Izzy 

Edited by Billsfan