Who kidnapped Steven Adler?

I hope Adler is there.... I've never understood why so many dislike Adler, yeah he was a drug addict, but so was everyone else in the band except Axl I guess. I don't get why Steve gets so much hate. I don't see what Steve has ever done that was so wrong. Steve and Duff seem like the most good hearted down to earth members of GNR.

Steve is the dumbest of them all and for me that's the reason I like him the least (which doesn't mean I don't like him at all or hate him, that would be ridiculous). Besides he fucked up the most and fucked up the soonest.

You know Adler personally? How would you know he's dumb at all? None of us know any of these people in real life.

But all of them speak and basing on how people talk you can easily see their intelligence level. Plus Steven wrote a book whcih spoke volumes of his intelligence, that's enough for me.

Intelligence is what you seek in Guns N' Roses?

Intelligence is what I seek in EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING... At least an acceptable level of it. I hate dumbness, sorry... Personal preference.

I do not understand this at all as, If I seek rock music out, I do not tend to seek it out for the purposes of intelligence. I demand intelligence from my writers and classical composers. I hope that society's doctors and teachers are intelligent. I would prefer a modicum of intelligence to exist among filmmakers and television people. In a sense, I think I prefer a lack of intelligence in rock seeing as rock relies on an intuitive informal quality. The fact that Adler does not speak fluent Latin, is not able to roll off the Kings of England chronologically, or does not know the fundamentals of the Theory of Motion and E=MC2, does not interfere what he brought and could theoretically still bring to Guns. We do not need Adler, to know these subjects.

The exception to this would be certain wordsmiths such as Dylan and Neil Young. Guns were never that type of band though. Most of their lyrics are about whores and heroin.

You're confusing intelligence with education which is all too common. I don't need GNR members to be highly educated but I do need them to be intelligent and most of them are. And the lyrics about whores and heroin usuallly have a lot more to them than what you just mentioned and if you don't see that than I am sorry, it's a great loss. It's not the theme that makes an artwork meaningful and wise or totally stupid and useless. Songs, poems and books about whores and heroin can be great while those about the deepest existential matters can be stupid as hell. Many Guns lyrics are absolutely great on every level and no idiot could have written them. That's the subtle difference between them and Poison or some other utter shit.

Accepting your point for argument's sake, you still do not need Adler to possess any higher intellect than the intellect he already has which allowed him to provide a groove-laden drum track on a debut rock album, for your audio stimulation! Equipping Adler with higher intelligence will not make Adler any better suited for Guns N' Roses than he already is. Appetite would not have been any better, had Adler been more intelligent! Guns N' Roses would not have been better, had Adler been more intelligent.

UYI would have been better if adler chose to not let the drugs affect his playing to the point that he gets kicked out of the band .Slash said on howard stern that the band started to fall apart as soon as the original lineup started to go.

Is drug abuse inherent to a lack of intelligence though? Three of the other members were addicts also - in fact four fifths of Guns were addicts - and there are multiple examples outside of Guns N' Roses of highly intelligent junkies and/or alcoholics. A connection between low intellect and addiction is, at best, nebulous.

• Like 1

They're not under gag orders. People exaggerate the reach of GNR management. Maybe Duff had a word with Adler, but then Adler had been kept out of the loop. Matt is sensible enough to keep quiet, not because he hopes to be involved, but because he realises it's a sensitive situation.

Total guess on my part but a gag order would be part of their agreement/contract.....would have nothing to do with the "reach of G N' R's management". They wouldn't be quiet just because they were asked to, they would be quiet because it would be part of their contract.

Edited by Kasanova King