Who kidnapped Steven Adler?

Both Adler and Sorum are most likely under gag order. Both have been very vocal with the media in the past and if they weren't under some sort of gag order, one of them would have most likely spoken out by now.

My best guess is that they told them that Adler could handle the AFD/Lies songs, Sorum the UYI songs and the Ferrer/Etc would handle any other material. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see both of them at the shows....all pending that neither of them screw up in the meantime. Both would most likely be paid per date vs. a % of the total revenue that Axl/Slash and Duff are getting.

My best guess is that they told them that Adler could handle the AFD/Lies songs, Sorum the UYI songs and the Ferrer/Etc would handle any other material.

Having 3 drummers involved would be getting a little ridiculous... Would you really need a 3rd drummer for "other material".

My best guess is that they told them that Adler could handle the AFD/Lies songs, Sorum the UYI songs and the Ferrer/Etc would handle any other material.

Having 3 drummers involved would be getting a little ridiculous... Would you really need a 3rd drummer for "other material".

Not necessarily but I think the 3rd drummer is a must in case either Adler or Sorum screws up.

Both Adler and Sorum are most likely under gag order. Both have been very vocal with the media in the past and if they weren't under some sort of gag order, one of them would have most likely spoken out by now.

My best guess is that they told them that Adler could handle the AFD/Lies songs, Sorum the UYI songs and the Ferrer/Etc would handle any other material. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see both of them at the shows....all pending that neither of them screw up in the meantime. Both would most likely be paid per date vs. a % of the total revenue that Axl/Slash and Duff are getting.

I hope you are correct, I am thinking the same exact things.

Even if they weren't legally bound not to speak, I doubt they'd speak because they have enough sense and respect not to mess anything going on loose ends etc up by speaking.

And yest the IDEAL scenario is Steve do all the AFD stuff, Matt UYI stuff, and whoever was drummer for CD do CD stuff.

I think the silence speaks volumes, no new news is GOOD news. If they weren't playing, we woulda heard it by now.

You can never have too many drummers on hand.... just look what happened to Spinal Tap! What if one were to spontaneous combust mid performance haha

• Like 1

Not necessarily but I think the 3rd drummer is a must in case either Adler or Sorum screws up.

Why would Sorum screw up? Frank screws up all the time. Brain also screwed. Adler did not screw the HOF performance. Besides, it's just drums. Pitman can do all of that and more with the push of a button.

Why would Sorum screw up? Frank screws up all the time. Brain also screwed. Adler did not screw the HOF performance. Besides, it's just drums. Pitman can do all of that and more with the push of a button.

In screwing up I meant as breaking a gag order, causing drama with the media, etc. Last thing the management wants is any sort of tension in the first few dates of what will most likely become their most profitable tour ever.

Edited by Kasanova King

In screwing up I meant as breaking a gag order, causing drama with the media, etc. Last thing the management wants is any sort of tension in the first few dates of what will most likely become their most profitable tour ever.

Sorry. I screwed up.

• Like 1

I hope Adler is there.... I've never understood why so many dislike Adler, yeah he was a drug addict, but so was everyone else in the band except Axl I guess. I don't get why Steve gets so much hate. I don't see what Steve has ever done that was so wrong. Steve and Duff seem like the most good hearted down to earth members of GNR.

Steve is the dumbest of them all and for me that's the reason I like him the least (which doesn't mean I don't like him at all or hate him, that would be ridiculous). Besides he fucked up the most and fucked up the soonest.

You know Adler personally? How would you know he's dumb at all? None of us know any of these people in real life.

But all of them speak and basing on how people talk you can easily see their intelligence level. Plus Steven wrote a book whcih spoke volumes of his intelligence, that's enough for me.

Intelligence is what you seek in Guns N' Roses?

Intelligence is what I seek in EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING... At least an acceptable level of it. I hate dumbness, sorry... Personal preference.

I do not understand this at all as, If I seek rock music out, I do not tend to seek it out for the purposes of intelligence. I demand intelligence from my writers and classical composers. I hope that society's doctors and teachers are intelligent. I would prefer a modicum of intelligence to exist among filmmakers and television people. In a sense, I think I prefer a lack of intelligence in rock seeing as rock relies on an intuitive informal quality. The fact that Adler does not speak fluent Latin, is not able to roll off the Kings of England chronologically, or does not know the fundamentals of the Theory of Motion and E=MC2, does not interfere what he brought and could theoretically still bring to Guns. We do not need Adler, to know these subjects.

The exception to this would be certain wordsmiths such as Dylan and Neil Young. Guns were never that type of band though. Most of their lyrics are about whores and heroin.

Edited by DieselDaisy

What's the difference between filmmakers and song writers? Sounds like you're talking about music with no meaning.

Auteurs like Kurosawa, Hitchcock and Fellini need to be very well acquainted with history, literature and theatre for their source material. They need to be technical magicians in regards to camera work and equipment, and have good taste in music.

What's the difference between filmmakers and song writers? Sounds like you're talking about music with no meaning.

I don't need any meaning in my music. Real music like GNR transcends all "meanings" it becomes Art, when a person listens to Coma or any GNR song it will mean whatever the listener WANTS it to mean to that listener.

Besides, Rock is more about energy, feelings, emotions, not intellectual BS.

And also, booksmarts is not the best kind of wisdowm, neither is philosophical artsy fartsy beatles, bowie, bob Dylan crap either. All that crap I really pretentious anyway.

I just wanna rawk the fuck out!

GNR has always been the soundtrack to my life.

It's more than just "music" it IS a lifestyle.

if you read slashes book he says early on that steven seemed to be more in love with the idea of being a rockstar and put a lot of energy towards getting connections and living a rockstar life instead of putting it towards his music. Maybe steven didn't have his priorities in the right place.The difference between steven and the rest of the original band members was not his substance abuse but rather the fact that they were functioning drug addicts and he wasnt. Can you imagine the UYI tour with steven fucking up like he did during that farm aid concert. Steven is also stuck in the past , all band members are off doing projects and are visibly annoyed when ever an interviewer brings up their past with guns and roses, but with steven its all he can ever talk about during interviews because the rest of his life has been going in and out of rehabs.

Or they're angry..sometimes when people are very angry, they don't speak.

if you read slashes book he says early on that steven seemed to be more in love with the idea of being a rockstar and put a lot of energy towards getting connections and living a rockstar life instead of putting it towards his music. Maybe steven didn't have his priorities in the right place.The difference between steven and the rest of the original band members was not his substance abuse but rather the fact that they were functioning drug addicts and he wasnt. Can you imagine the UYI tour with steven fucking up like he did during that farm aid concert. Steven is also stuck in the past , all band members are off doing projects and are visibly annoyed when ever an interviewer brings up their past with guns and roses, but with steven its all he can ever talk about during interviews because the rest of his life has been going in and out of rehabs.

I don't think Steve is necessarily stuck in the past, he did make the Adler Back From the Dead CD.

I don't think I'm "stuck" in the past myself personally... although I prefer the way the whole country was in 1988 vs todays "progressive" beliefs.

And back then was the only time I ever been happy in my life because I had a GF for 11 years, and she left me over 5 years ago and I haven't had another GF since and I think about her every day.

And she liked GNR as much as me, and we were supposed to see them if they ever got back together, but now we can't. So I have to see them alone, and it's very bitter sweet for me, because I wanted to share the experience with her because it's all we ever talked about the 11 years we lived together.

But I don't think Steve lives in the past, neither do I live in the past, but my past was the BEST part of my life, and maybe Steve past was BEST part of his, nothing wrong with feeling that way.

Or they're angry..sometimes when people are very angry, they don't speak.

Could be but judging from both of their past actions, they aren't scared to voice their opinions to the media when they are angry. They both stand to make (most likely) more money than either of them have in over 20 years by "playing along" with whatever G N' R management has in store for them.

Just a guess.

They're not under gag orders. People exaggerate the reach of GNR management. Maybe Duff had a word with Adler, but then Adler had been kept out of the loop. Matt is sensible enough to keep quiet, not because he hopes to be involved, but because he realises it's a sensitive situation.

Edited by Babooshka

Sorum is out. I don't see a spot for him this time around. Axl might be nice and include Adler, but I don't think he's gonna invite Sorum to the party.

The fact that Adler has said NOTHING tells you everything you need to know........he's in so long as he does not fuck up.

Adler would have shut down the internet with his heavy does of bitching if he wasn't included at this point.

Edited by BadApples87

I hope Adler is there.... I've never understood why so many dislike Adler, yeah he was a drug addict, but so was everyone else in the band except Axl I guess. I don't get why Steve gets so much hate. I don't see what Steve has ever done that was so wrong. Steve and Duff seem like the most good hearted down to earth members of GNR.

Steve is the dumbest of them all and for me that's the reason I like him the least (which doesn't mean I don't like him at all or hate him, that would be ridiculous). Besides he fucked up the most and fucked up the soonest.

You know Adler personally? How would you know he's dumb at all? None of us know any of these people in real life.

But all of them speak and basing on how people talk you can easily see their intelligence level. Plus Steven wrote a book whcih spoke volumes of his intelligence, that's enough for me.

Intelligence is what I seek in EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING... At least an acceptable level of it. I hate dumbness, sorry... Personal preference.

I do not understand this at all as, If I seek rock music out, I do not tend to seek it out for the purposes of intelligence. I demand intelligence from my writers and classical composers. I hope that society's doctors and teachers are intelligent. I would prefer a modicum of intelligence to exist among filmmakers and television people. In a sense, I think I prefer a lack of intelligence in rock seeing as rock relies on an intuitive informal quality. The fact that Adler does not speak fluent Latin, is not able to roll off the Kings of England chronologically, or does not know the fundamentals of the Theory of Motion and E=MC2, does not interfere what he brought and could theoretically still bring to Guns. We do not need Adler, to know these subjects.

The exception to this would be certain wordsmiths such as Dylan and Neil Young. Guns were never that type of band though. Most of their lyrics are about whores and heroin.

You're confusing intelligence with education which is all too common. I don't need GNR members to be highly educated but I do need them to be intelligent and most of them are. And the lyrics about whores and heroin usuallly have a lot more to them than what you just mentioned and if you don't see that than I am sorry, it's a great loss. It's not the theme that makes an artwork meaningful and wise or totally stupid and useless. Songs, poems and books about whores and heroin can be great while those about the deepest existential matters can be stupid as hell. Many Guns lyrics are absolutely great on every level and no idiot could have written them. That's the subtle difference between them and Poison or some other utter shit.

Edited by Asia

Steven played great at Farm Aid. They can say he fucked it up all they like, but the tape shows different.

Steven played great at Farm Aid. They can say he fucked it up all they like, but the tape shows different.

theres no arguing that he fucked up the timing on civil war, and put the band out of sync

You're confusing intelligence with education which is all too common. I don't need GNR members to be highly educated but I do need them to be intelligent and most of them are. And the lyrics about whores and heroin usuallly have a lot more to them than what you just mentioned and if you don't see that than I am sorry, it's a great loss. It's not the theme that makes an artwork meaningful and wise or totally stupid and useless. Songs, poems and books about whores and heroin can be great while those about the deepest existential matters can be stupid as hell. Many Guns lyrics are absolutely great on every level and no idiot could have written them. That's the subtle difference between them and Poison or some other utter shit.

Accepting your point for argument's sake, you still do not need Adler to possess any higher intellect than the intellect he already has which allowed him to provide a groove-laden drum track on a debut rock album, for your audio stimulation! Equipping Adler with higher intelligence will not make Adler any better suited for Guns N' Roses than he already is. Appetite would not have been any better, had Adler been more intelligent! Guns N' Roses would not have been better, had Adler been more intelligent.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

Accepting your point for argument's sake, you still do not need Adler to possess any higher intellect than the intellect he already has which allowed him to provide a groove-laden drum track on a debut rock album, for your audio stimulation! Equipping Adler with higher intelligence will not make Adler any better suited for Guns N' Roses than he already is. Appetite would not have been any better, had Adler been more intelligent! Guns N' Roses would not have been better, had Adler been more intelligent.

UYI would have been better if adler chose to not let the drugs affect his playing to the point that he gets kicked out of the band .Slash said on howard stern that the band started to fall apart as soon as the original lineup started to go.