Richard a bit overbearing?

12 hours ago, WarpedFX said:

LOL Now that the "troublesome" members have left the Guns nest we now turn our attention to the next guy on the roster- Richard. The same Richard who's been doing what he does the entire time he was in the band being an awesome player with great stage presence and enthusiasm.

That is all good for people that were into NuGuns but many weren't. I think most others were willing to give this guy a shot more than the others.. Some have been impressed and some have not. It isn't just a case of hating to hate.. I have seen a lot of examples to back it up. I spew of a bunch. 

8 hours ago, flyaway said:

The overall sound of the show depends mostly on the mixing engineer, his hands are on the slides for every instrument in the band during the show and usually the mix that people in the crowd hear is different from the mix that is in their in-ear monitors.

There are more negatives about Fortus than how loud he is in the mix which is terrible by the way. Either way, they are 7 shows in.. Someone fix that shit.

Just watched Used To Love Her and it was a bad.. Another case of Fortus not being able to simmer his ego and just play a simple rhythm the way it was intended. He throws the whole song off. He is again way too loud and Slash again cannot find a groove on his own song because of this dude..

LOL, please post the link to this "really bad" "Used to love her" video. I wanna see it with my own eyes how bad they sound on a youtube video recorded with a super sensitive microphone on a mobile phone or pocket camera.

Edited by flyaway

2 hours ago, flyaway said:

LOL, please post the link to this "really bad" "Used to love her" video. I wanna see it with my own eyes how bad they sound on a youtube video recorded with a super sensitive microphone on a mobile phone or pocket camera.

Nothing more annoying than people here misquoting you.. I said it was "bad" not "really bad".. 

On 4/21/2016 at 0:55 PM, Babooshka said:

Yeah Axl took issue, but Axl's taste levels veer towards the obnoxious. So the impact of Izzy's understated presence is probably not something's he'd get.

He also always had this insecure thing about things needing to happen on stage, or else he feels the pressure to carry the show is all on him. I reckon a lot of the tackiness the surrounds GNR comes from that mindset.

Anyway, Richard does his thing, it's a bit hammy but whatever.

He's a really cheesy guitarist on stage and doesn't have much personality in his playing but hey if some people like that then that's cool. He has a nice guitar tone I guess. Still pretty much a generic session guitarist. He sure as fuck doesn't complement Slash as well as Izzy since the dude is always showboating. He literally looks like he's having a stroke during his guitar solos.

Not sure what kind of writer he is but it's safe to say he ain't no Izzy.

The best guy nu guns ever had was Buckethead. Such an amazing, tasteful player. Nu guns was dead the day he left. Bumblefoot was a massive downgrade. What I'm saying is, barely anyone (aside from 5-10 nu guns nerds) gave a shit about Fortus back then - most were either watching Bucket or Bumble. That hasn't really changed. People still don't give a shit -- they're watching Slash now.

Dude can punch his guitar 50 times in a song and pull an orgasm face on every solo but the spotlight is on Sir Slash.

I don't get the obsession with his technical ability - like that makes up for his lack of personality or songwriting skills. If that's all it takes to be in guns, they should just replace him with bumblefoot. At least hire someone with some personality like Dave Navarro. His solo on "oh my god" is more memorable than anything Fortus has ever done with guns.

Edited by RONIN