About Melissa Reese...

15 hours ago, Stro said:

It's 2-3 songs made under the GNR banner out of a 3 hour show, which has Axl and Slash collaborating to make them something different. Why would anyone have a problem with that?

It's actually been 3-4 songs and I have heard many people say they aren't interested in hearing them. 

• Like 2

Dizzy can handle both jobs.  He probably feels insulted about having a 2nd keyboard player the way Slash felt insulted about bringing in another lead guitarist in the 90s, but Dizzy isn't going to complain.  But that's just me speculating and crossing my fingers for a AFD+Dizzy lineup, so don't weigh too much on my comment.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

It's actually been 3-4 songs and I have heard many people say they aren't interested in hearing them. 

People usually aren't interested in 10 minute solos either, but that happens a couple of times per show.

1 hour ago, G-Money said:

Dizzy can handle both jobs.  He probably feels insulted about having a 2nd keyboard player the way Slash felt insulted about bringing in another lead guitarist in the 90s, but Dizzy isn't going to complain.  But that's just me speculating and crossing my fingers for a AFD+Dizzy lineup, so don't weigh too much on my comment.

There has always been a second keyboardist with Dizzy though...

Teddy Zig-Zag

Pitman

Melissa

13 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Teddy Zig-Zag

Pitman

Melissa

There was not always a second keyboardist with Dizzy... The beginning of the Use Your Illusions tour did not have one. Neither did the end the amazing Skin N' Bones tour in 1993.

13 hours ago, G-Money said:

Has been, but doesn't necessarily have to be.

Right.. And again people are just trying to re-write history.. Dizzy didn't always have a second keyboard player with him. During the the classic era he didn't start or end with one. In case you didn't see my post above yours ;) 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2016 at 7:58 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Teddy Zig-Zag

Pitman

Melissa

are you serious that you have never seen these?

ps - these are crappy youtube videos with shity audio. do yourself a favor and go get the DVDs with better (terrific) sound

52 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

are you serious that you have never seen these?

ps - these are crappy youtube videos with shity audio. do yourself a favor and go get the DVDs with better (terrific) sound

I've seen them.....I just meant in general they've had two keyboardists.

On 5/14/2016 at 0:14 PM, DieselDaisy said:

To me she is there to appeal to the 'facebook generation'. She seems to have that happy-go-lucky demeanour of the twitter/gadget age as opposed to the miserable old cynical fucks like us.

I really doubt that they are moving any extra tickets by having an unknown young woman playing keyboards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

In general GNR sucks with 2 keyboardists

Actually what I mean is that GNR always sucks with 2 keyboardists

Do you find it odd you have nearly 1,000 posts for a band you just said sucks? I do.

I think Melissa does what's asked of her. I didn't create the art. The band did so I'll trust them since I'm not a part of it. If I told Picasso that Blue girl was a little too blue, that doesn't make me a fan, that makes me a critic. And it's a universal truth that 100% of critics are douchebags. I would instead not look at the painting and move on with my life. But in the age of the trash can online, everyone gets to spout off bile from their fingertips at no cost to themselves. I love technology!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sprite said:

Do you find it odd you have nearly 1,000 posts for a band you just said sucks? I do.

I think Melissa does what's asked of her. I didn't create the art. The band did so I'll trust them since I'm not a part of it. If I told Picasso that Blue girl was a little too blue, that doesn't make me a fan, that makes me a critic. And it's a universal truth that 100% of critics are douchebags. I would instead not look at the painting and move on with my life. But in the age of the trash can online, everyone gets to spout off bile from their fingertips at no cost to themselves. I love technology!

Jarmo, is that you?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sprite said:

guns n roses is my favorite band ever. i am waiting for that band to get back and make new music

axl solo era sucked

and this threeunion thing is getting old fast as there are no new songs and the 4 hired hands are destroying the songs

when we get GNR again it is not likely that you will read any posts from me saying that it sucks

because very likely it will rock

oh, and when you can, please let me know more about universal truths and douchebags, its really cool to learn about those

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starlight said:

Why are they including her in the official photos of the band? Nobody cares about her presence, I'm only interested in seeing Axl, Slash and Duff.

They are including her because she's in the band.  Once you have a band or if you have a band you can decide who are in your own official photos.

7 minutes ago, thewolfshead said:

They are including her because she's in the band.  Once you have a band or if you have a band you can decide who are in your own official photos.

She has nothing to do with the history, the music and the name of Guns N Roses. And I am a fan of the band so I have the right to express my opinion if I disagree with something. Plus people don't care about her she's not necessary.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

and this threeunion thing is getting old fast as there are no new songs and the 4 hired hands are destroying the songs

"Threeunion" I like it

9 hours ago, starlight said:

She has nothing to do with the history, the music and the name of Guns N Roses. And I am a fan of the band so I have the right to express my opinion if I disagree with something. Plus people don't care about her she's not necessary.

Not only is she not necessary, she gives a whole Spice Girls element to Guns N' Roses... sweet

11 hours ago, Sprite said:

I don't think anyone in their right mind can hate on Melissa for doing what she's told. Listen, if GNR wanted a keyboard player or a towel player of course we would all jump at the chance to do it. We would all be a part of history with axl slash and duff reuniting, and to be playing stadiums so I'd assume that'd be a significant paycheck. 

I can't agree with hating her for taking on an opportunity she was eligible for and doing what she's been instructed to do. I think it's just more about the position itself.. It just isn't a good look for this band to have another keyboard player like that, especially since she's not really contributing to the material already there or even the handful of CD songs they're playing. 

• Like 1

Having Slash back, I was hoping this band was gonna go back to being the raw rock n' roll band it originally was. Sadly, Axl had a different idea, a different vision and so this is the best we can expect to get. If Melissa leaves, someone else will come and do that job.

Personally, I think the original GN'R was the best and any addition/change was for the worse (Dizzy, Teddy, Tracey, Roberta, Dildoman, Ferrerererer... even Bucketgod) but if they're gonna have a 2nd keyboard player, then I like Melissa for the role. I appreciate her enthusiasm, positive vibe, backing vocals and that new intro for Better. I'd like them to get rid of the keyboards (yeah, Dizzy too) but if that's not happening, then I'm fine this way, Melissa is better than the old one.

On 5/18/2016 at 11:47 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

I've seen them.....I just meant in general they've had two keyboardists.

They generally didn't.. @ludurigan didn't even include any of the 1993 shows... The whole amazing Skin N' Bones tour.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

They generally didn't.. @ludurigan didn't even include any of the 1993 shows... The whole amazing Skin N' Bones tour.

Wow, completely forgot how awesome this is. And I was in Oslo 93 and watched this live!

Anyone have a link to a better recording of this, please PM me. Would totally kick ass :-D

• Like 1

YEAH i dont like that tour very much because i cant stand GNR without izzy

but that was certainly a major improvement in every sense over the 1992 circus-tracy-roberta-zig-zag era

is here any pro shot video from that tour except argentina 1993?

i have nice audio recordings of hartford 1993, argentina 1993, and of course all the izzy 1993 shows

any others skin and bones shows that are worth listening?