About Melissa Reese...

25 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

If Melissa learns to play the harmonica, let her stay.  I want to hear Bad Obsession.

I'm so down for this.

22 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Let's first get rid of more vital part of band who ruins almost every AFD song, FRANK get the fuck out of GNR i personally don't care about Melissa to think about her.

Maybe Melissa can be promoted to the drummer. 

3 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Don't you think that GNR music is more complex than AC/DC? I mean for 40 years AC/DC did not changed shit and GNR have alot songs that have keyboards and synths and that is because Axl wanted it.

I definitely think GNR songs are more complex than ACDC songs. But I was comparing the raw sound that GNR had during the 80's. Not the piano/synths shit.

7 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

How is this even a topic?

If Axl doesn't want her in the band, she wouldn't be there in the first 7 shows in the first place....

I think you need to read the topic again.

2 hours ago, mikebones said:

Do you think Axl will kick her out of the band after the ACDC shows?

My theory is, Axl is having a lot of fun with ACDC and ACDC makes pure rock n roll, no keyboards or synths... Would Axl consider comeback to the raw days?

I mean, I can't really see it considering axl always liked having a bigger band, but to be fair anything is possible since they're only marketing this thing around axl, slash and duff. 

Just now, Lies They Tell said:

The whole AC/DC thing might affect Axl in a totally opposite way also. Now that he's doing raw "generic" rock n' roll with AC/DC, he might want to experiment with GNR even more. Cause you don't want both of your bands to sound the same.

You may be on to something. Maybe he wants to take it back to a "raw" stage, or maybe he wants to experiment with GNR/Melissa even more. Let's have an entire concert of chinese democracy remixes. Someone has to let us know American Music is so decadent and I can't think of a better person than Melissa! 

8 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

The whole AC/DC thing might affect Axl in a totally opposite way also. Now that he's doing raw "generic" rock n' roll with AC/DC, he might want to experiment with GNR even more. Cause you don't want both of your bands to sound the same.

Generic is the last thing AC/DC are. There's no other band that does what they do the way that they do it. That's why they can still pack stadiums some 40 years in.

48 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Don't you think that GNR music is more complex than AC/DC? I mean for 40 years AC/DC did not changed shit and GNR have alot songs that have keyboards and synths and that is because Axl wanted it.

You can't really compare AC/DC and Guns N' Roses.

7 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Generic is the last thing AC/DC are. There's no other band that does what they do the way that they do it. That's why they can still pack stadiums some 40 years in.

Yeah, I used inverted commas, cause I knew it was a controversial statement. Song structure wise newer AC/DC songs don't really break any fresh ground. That's why many people call it generic. And being generic is not necessarily a bad thing. Many people prefer songs that sort of sound familiar compared to something completely different. AC/DC gives these people exactly what they want. 

1 hour ago, mikebones said:

I definitely think GNR songs are more complex than ACDC songs. But I was comparing the raw sound that GNR had during the 80's. Not the piano/synths shit.

I think you need to read the topic again.

Do you think Axl will kick her out of the band after the ACDC shows?

Why would he kick her out after the AC/DC shows?

Do you realise that this is two separate bands, right?

Your theory would makes absolutely no sense, because GNR performs several songs with keyboards on it plus he need some backing vocals. Axl performing with a "bigger" band since late 1991

That's why i wrote that if he doesn't want her in the band, she wouldn't be there in the first place

Edited by Strange Broue

47 minutes ago, Sprite said:

You may be on to something. Maybe he wants to take it back to a "raw" stage, or maybe he wants to experiment with GNR/Melissa even more. Let's have an entire concert of chinese democracy remixes. Someone has to let us know American Music is so decadent and I can't think of a better person than Melissa! 

Can't blame him for wanting to "experiment" with Melissa I guess :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strange Broue said:

Why would he kick her out after the AC/DC shows?

Do you realise that this is two separate bands, right?

Your theory would makes absolutely no sense, because GNR performs several songs with keyboards on it plus he need some backing vocals

That's why i wrote that if he doesn't want her in the band, she wouldn't be there in the first place

My point was that the AFD line up was a raw band, no keybords or synths needed, just loud guitars as ACDC. And maybe Axl, having fun with ACDC, becomes nostalgic of that sound and wants to comeback to those days, clear now? Obviously is just a theory... or a wish.

2 minutes ago, mikebones said:

My point was that the AFD line up was a raw band, no keybords or synths needed, just loud guitars as ACDC. And maybe Axl, having fun with ACDC, becomes nostalgic of that sound and wants to comeback to those days, clear now? Obviously is just a theory... or a wish.

the AFD period ended in 1990

your argument is invalid

Nostalgic? Do you realise that the UYI's turned 25 years now, right?

If he just played AFD and Lies songs only, then you would have a point. (I mean Slash and Duff plays CD songs too....) It's obviously not the case so...

Your theory or wish makes zero sense, imho

Edited by Strange Broue

1 hour ago, DexAxl said:

Let's first get rid of more vital part of band who ruins almost every AFD song, FRANK get the fuck out of GNR i personally don't care about Melissa to think about her.

I am with you there.. Frank by far has the biggest negative effect on the actual music.. He really needs to go first..

As for Melissa, it would be great to give her a pink slip too.. Once I saw that Synth on the stage at the Troubador this whole "reunion" seemed diluted.  It is all good that some people think she is cute but this is Guns N' Roses not a pop band. She looks like a fucking Spice Girl up there and it is embarrassing. Playing 3 or 4 CD songs a show is overkill and will be even more so during the Stadium tour when no one knows them. Dizzy could certainly handle playing one or 2 if they must.. 

They band did just fine in 1993 with Dizzy handling all the keyboard duties.

• Like 3

Ray Manzarek used to play two keyboards at once. He would handle The Doors' lower end by playing a upper little bass keyboard, while playing his ordinary keyboard underneath - which he played extraordinary well of course.

article-2328046-19E652F6000005DC-451_634

So why shouldn't Dizzy alone suffice?

Edited by DieselDaisy

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am with you there.. Frank by far has the biggest negative effect on the actual music.. He really needs to go first..

As for Melissa, it would be great to give her a pink slip too.. Once I saw that Synth on the stage at the Troubador this whole "reunion" seemed diluted.  It is all good that some people think she is cute but this is Guns N' Roses not a pop band. She looks like a fucking Spice Girl up there and it is embarrassing. Playing 3 or 4 CD songs a show is overkill and will be even more so during the Stadium tour when no one knows them. Dizzy could certainly handle playing one or 2 if they must.. 

They band did just fine in 1993 with Dizzy handling all the keyboard duties.

Dude...come on lol.  I was at Vegas, I know you were too.  I did not even notice she was there.  You generally make a lot of valid complaints and bring up a lot of good points and issues, but this has to be far down the list of legitimate issues one could have in my mind.

Melissas presence or lack thereof is fairly irrelevant either way unless you're just looking for things to complain about.

Edited by tsinindy

My thing is, based on the material the band is playing, even the Chinese material, I too will agree that I don't see where she is needed.

The message GNR is sending is well "we don't think we can actually sound all that great on our own, so here's another body to cover up our mistakes"

51 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

the AFD period ended in 1990

your argument is invalid

Nostalgic? Do you realise that the UYI's turned 25 years now, right?

If he just played AFD and Lies songs only, then you would have a point. (I mean Slash and Duff plays CD songs too....) It's obviously not the case so...

Your theory or wish makes zero sense, imho

yiiiiiiiiiisus... ok, my argument is invalid. It does make zero sense.