NEW WU TANG ALBUM! (The Abbott puts Ghost-Deini in charge!)

Len Cnut

looking forward for SC2 but please no Rick Ross

ucD0sxP.png

Ghostface Killah: I mean when we do this, we don’t got to bring nobody in. Unless there’s somebody that's already out with a strong name or a good voice that would be good. I learned to not be selfish. People know us. We got 10 people in the goddamn group. But you could still use different guys as different instruments — I look at people's voices as instruments that complement the track and make it sound good. When I do my Supreme Clientele 2, I might want a Rick Ross or [Mobb Deep's] P and Havoc because the beat calls for it like that. Who might sound good on this? It’s like you never know until you put it together.

as for the Wu Tang album he's the only logical choice. I might even trust his judgement over RZA's at this point

Edited by spliff
  • Like 1

Makes sense. I mean we're not going to get the insanity (pcp, cocaine etc induced) production from RZA in his prime and most of his beats these days are uninspired,i mean hw was he ever going to follow up Wu Tang Forever, i didn't even bother with the last album. Ghostface just has a great ear and is also not scared to work outside the box as we've seen with BadBadnotgood and Adrian Younge. Of course it would be great if RZA could submit a beat or two and maybe get Doom involved and maybe some younger producers maybe look at some of the guys in the Pro Era camp.

The Wu have nothing to prove but i don't want to see them go out on A Better Tomorrow and that Martin Shkeli debacle, give us one more great album and hang up the mics.

I love Tony Starks to death, but not having RZA over everything almost seems sacrilegious to me. Everybody busted his ass over the last couple of albums, but I don't know, he tried something different and always tried to bring everyone together. But Ghost is the man. And a lot of his albums have more of a Wu feel than actual Wu albums so, I'm with it.

4 hours ago, J Dog said:

I love Tony Starks to death, but not having RZA over everything almost seems sacrilegious to me. Everybody busted his ass over the last couple of albums, but I don't know, he tried something different and always tried to bring everyone together. But Ghost is the man. And a lot of his albums have more of a Wu feel than actual Wu albums so, I'm with it.

It will be interesting to see how Ghost handles the other aspects of getting the clan together, the music will be the easy part.....the business side not so much.

On 7/1/2016 at 9:10 AM, dalsh327 said:

All about making Raekwon happy, it's like making Duff the producer of the next GNR album. 

That's funny. I love the Chef but he's been the most bitchy of the bunch. I'll give him this though, OB4CL2 might have the most Wu feel out of any of them the past decade or so.

9 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

It will be interesting to see how Ghost handles the other aspects of getting the clan together, the music will be the easy part.....the business side not so much.

Yeah. Will it sound like a Ghost album ft Wu members or a real cohesive group. 9 Milli Bros was perfect.

Rae was on Nore's podcast recently. Fucking hilarious 

N.O.R.E. and DJ EFN are the Drink Champs. In this episode the guys drink it up with Wu-Tang Clans own Raekwon The Chef. The guys discuss early Wu-tang, the current state and future of the Wu, The Purple Tape, ODB, Michael Jackson, and a lot more!

https://www.mixcloud.com/thecolidrinkchamps/ep-20-raekwon/

Edited by spliff