Global Finance and Economic Markets

Snake-Pit

I'm going to admit, I don't know what a 401k 'or whatever I've been hearing America go on about' (Others may have also lost because of UK departure from the EU on the agenda now in the UK and EU, I can understand America because they and I have a common language; the WHOLE WORLD may have been saying exactly what America's been saying about losing money on the 401ks or whatever and that now everybody's poorer, or something, but I don't speak Chinese and I don't know Japanese or Latin American news like that).. If I googled it, I still probably wouldn't know either, what it is, that I've heard America go on and on about, this week (Hillary Clinton and the View).. Raven! :) - Actually, someone else mentioned something about some 401 k or something on that show but... Still; Raven. :D

Where do I buy some?

Edited by Snake-Pit

1 hour ago, Snake-Pit said:

I'm going to admit, I don't know what a 401k 'or whatever I've been hearing America go on about' (Others may have also lost because of UK departure from the EU on the agenda now in the UK and EU, I can understand America because they and I have a common language; the WHOLE WORLD may have been saying exactly what America's been saying about losing money on the 401ks or whatever and that now everybody's poorer, or something, but I don't speak Chinese and I don't know Japanese or Latin American news like that).. If I googled it, I still probably wouldn't know either, what it is, that I've heard America go on and on about, this week (Hillary Clinton and the View).. Raven! :) - Actually, someone else mentioned something about some 401 k or something on that show but... Still; Raven. :D

Where do I buy some?

You're not an avid reader of the FT? Don't scrutinise ''the markets'', the FTSE, the NASDAQ and Dow Jones?

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You're not an avid reader of the FT? Don't scrutinise ''the markets'', the FTSE, the NASDAQ and Dow Jones?

Nasdaq sounds like the name of a bird that Snakes would be into. :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, Slash787 said:

Snakes making these kind of threads is like Just Bieber saying he is the next John Lennon.

He always shoots above his weight though does Snakes. What we have in Snakes is an polymath with excessive amounts of ''poly'' but minimal ''máthēma''.

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

Nasdaq sounds like the name of a bird that Snakes would be into. :lol:

And Ftse sounds like what she'd be into..

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Playing ftse with Nasdaq?

Quite..  indubitablysmile.gif

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

In a three way with Dow Jones! :lol:

Not if Dow Jones is a man.

I don't watch bloomberg everyday.

Used to play VSE Virtual Stock Exchange online many eons ago when I had a school uniform, a time table and a couple of years before leaving; long long time ago.

I've... Walked down Wall Street when I was 14; found where the Bank of England was when I was 19,  and without knowing it; found Beursplein when I was 28... Found out I knew Beursplein when I was 29 and had just returned from going there again..

That said, I'd still like to walk into 'The City' wherever that is, and; buy stuff in person/real time, like walk in with money, open an account and go, especially now since Brexit; for some reason.

Edited by Snake-Pit

3 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

I don't watch bloomberg everyday.

Used to play VSE Virtual Stock Exchange online many eons ago when I had a school uniform, a time table and a couple of years before leaving; long long time ago.

I've... Walked down Wall Street when I was 14; found where the Bank of England was when I was 19,  and without knowing it; found Beursplein when I was 28... Found out I knew Beursplein when I was 29 and had just returned from going there again..

That said, I'd still like to walk into 'The City' wherever that is, and; buy stuff in person/real time, like walk in with money, open an account and go, especially now since Brexit; for some reason.

Nick Leeson, eat your heart out.

I know I can invest online and there are many brokers that offer access to global markets for all hours trading virtually all week (Like from one open day on Monday somewhere in Australia? Sydney? to like somewhere closing on Friday somewhere, think it is NYC, not sure, you can trade within that window/timeframe. - That said, still want to try the Ftse in person. :)

Edited by Snake-Pit

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nick Leeson, eat your heart out.

There's some guy who's like my role model but I don't know his name!

(Probably wikipedia may tell me)?

-

It was using the internet to document my recent trip to Amsterdam on the computers in the lobby out there real quick when I caught something on Dutch TV about; 

I call him 'The Dutch Richard Branson'.. Never heard of him in my life; if he stood next to me in Tesco, it'll be just another white guy to me;.. Was on Dutch Television about selling a lot of weed when he was a young man in the 1980s or; something? Is a self made 'millionaire?' 'billionaire?' - (they didn't say how much he was worth).. but he spoke about basically starting the Amsterdam marijuana industry!.. The guy who funded the Bulldog Cafes in Amsterdam (that's how Wikipedia may tell me); That guy.

Dutch TV is way cool, especially if you're stoned, like, omg, different; and it's in English too.

.. and then in this show that caught my attention; (I actually was staying on the same street as Beursplein: Beursstraat - I might add (didn't know the significance of that at the time mind)..); They spoke about smuggling in lots and lots of dope, like loads of dope. And how they got it from from there (think Jamaica)? IDK.. USA/Miami? IDK... Somewhere.. A lot of Americans on this show though, which I found novel and liked. And they just showed loads of dope coming in and him having too much dope to deal with on the streets, or something, he said that was a problem, when it was just him in the 1980s.. I don't know how long Marijuana's been legal like it is today in Amsterdam. I heard like a decade ago they changed the rules but Amsterdam is an exception now, about who can smoke dope and I heard Amsterdam allows everyone but other places don't? Only for Dutch ppl or something? IDK.

Edited by Snake-Pit