Axl Rose: The Greatest Transformation of 2016

On 19/7/2016 at 1:03 AM, marlingrl03 said:

Its funny how this thread is up of all days I decided to watch a brief clip of NuGNR on YouTube...which I never ever do cause I am just not interested in doing so .But just those few minutes I watched was hard for me. Axl was covered head to toe in gear, and you couldn't see his face at all, absolutely no smile or any kind of passion/emotion and there was no real interaction with the other band members. His stage presence then and now is like night and day. My god, what a change this year!! You can see his beautiful eyes and smile now! I 100% believe in my heart it is because he has reunited with Slash and Duff. I mean, just look at that epic pic above. LOVE!!!!!!!

Hi. I disagree with you here. He was happy with the "NuGNR members" ( like most of you call the era without Slash and Duff  <_<). I saw infinit vids on youtube , like am ring 2006, several vids in 2010, 2012. He had a great relationship with absha, Richard and the other guys. 

The change from Axl I see in him since the 2006, I have noticed a good change in the behavior department.

ersonally think he's on bipolar meds. For someone to go 50 years one way, and then do a 180 and become someone else almost over night? I just don't think it's possible. And that's not to say I am not impressed and/or happy for him or that I am trying to take anything away from him but, there's just no way he could have done this without some sort of medical intervention.

I don´t think so. I have a friend with mental issues , he is on bipolar medication and can´t drink alcohol ,or have a normal life.

Axl seems to hang out and drinks and have a normal life ( from what I´ve seen).

47 minutes ago, Juliette said:

Hi. I disagree with you here. He was happy with the "NuGNR members" ( like most of you call the era without Slash and Duff  <_<). I saw infinit vids on youtube , like am ring 2006, several vids in 2010, 2012. He had a great relationship with absha, Richard and the other guys. 

The change from Axl I see in him since the 2006, I have noticed a good change in the behavior department.

Aaa, no, I definitely disagree, he wasn't, the difference between the pre-90s and 2016 Axl and the Axl in between is so big that it almost makes him two different people. And sadly it was felt very strongly during the performances. I went to see NuGnr - it had nothing to do with the band I knew - not even Axl was there, just an impersonator who did everything right without one tenth of the heart and soul that he would put into it in the 90s or now.

• Like 2

Nice to see Axl smiling.  I think he has done a lot of work on himself regarding his emotional demons/bipolar disorder. I am super proud of the guy! He has also matured a lot in recent years as most of us do as we get older.   I can't imagine living his life for all it's upsides, There are downsides that us as fans can only imagine.  Imagine attaining your dreams but on some level still feeling dissatisfied because maybe it wasnt exactly what you thought it would be. Your friends, lovers are they in this for me or what my fame GIVES them.  Has to feel lonely I would imagine.GNR was branded and promoted as Rock N Roll bad boys. He decided to embrace the asshole role.  If they are going to tag me that way, then why bother? My opinion of course, but isn't it like that with most things in life? Rockstars are HUMAN after all...   I also think the AC/DC gig gave him a new perspective.  All that negative press in the past would have derailed Axl.  I think he has a new found confidence in himself.  2016 will change Axl's legacy.

• Like 1

On July 18, 2016 at 7:43 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

If this thread has been made before, I apologize.

But holy shit, I am blown away by how Axl has changed. I was re-watching some NuGNR shows, because I thought it was weird that that time period even existed of GNR. Compared to Axl now, the Axl of those years was really a dochuebag and seemed very tense. Not only that, his vocals were at times very weak, it looked like he had stopped trying in his later years, put on a lot of weight, covered himself up with jackets and sunglasses and those hats, was very openly a verbal jerk to his ex-bandmates and other bands, seemed to hate fans, did little interviews, did nothing but strictly GN'R and seemed quite honestly, miserable.

Come 2016, I've never seen this man so happy and in love with life. You can tell he has passion again. You can tell he's having a blast this tour and playing songs. He's been very happy with fans. Has done interviews. He even tweets more. Axl looks amazing for his age, yes he's still a little chunky around the stomach but he is very muscular and for his age he looks fantastic. Most importantly he stopped hiding behinds hats and leather jackets. Even if his voice is off on some songs, he is giving 110% every show and sounds fantastic on a majority of them, reminding us all of the Axl Rose of the 90's. He even broke out of his comfort zone and toured with ACDC! Hell, he even let Steven Adler play with GN'R. He looks and sounds happy and I've never been more happy for the guy.

So what do you guys think the reason for this is? Has Axl gotten his fire back because Slash and Duff are back in his life? Has he found internal peace? I think it's because Duff has helped Axl to fight his internal demons with how he learned to deal with them. We can sit here and drool over Slash and Axl all day, but Duff is really in my opinion to thank for Axl's transformation and happiness, and of course, the reunion. He is the underspoken hero of this whole deal.

axlrose.jpg

Great post. I think it's a combination of being back with Duff and Slash as well as living a childhood dreams and singing for the band he grew up idolizing.   

Man an what a great year it's been so far!