If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

29 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Wow- that's awesome! Isn't his wife that actress who was on the Sopranos (sorry but I can't remember her name, but remember the show) Do you know what town she's from? I never heard that before. And didn't he get an offer to be the singer for Velvet Revolver once upon a time? Man, that would've been Fuckin mind blowing. 

Yeah, he puts on a hell of a show never been disappointed. Even hopped in a car with him and sold merch for four show, which was a fantastic experience. 

Nope, he's not with the chick from the Sopranos anymore, although they have 2 kids together. 

Think his his wife is from Topeka. 

I actually brought up that I discovered him through this forum before he released his first album to him. Then he explained the entire thing to me. He actually sang with VR for two shows before it was known that VR was going to find a singer. Shooter had a rock band called Stargunn and he'd opened for Duff a bunch of times. He was also friends with Sorum and Dave so that's how he got the chance to sing with them. 

A few months later he got an email asking him if he'd be interested in becoming their lead singer. It was an email from someone he didn't know, so he assumed it wasn't real. Especially since he was friends with those guys, he thought they would have asked him to be involved directly. So he blew off the email and responded that he was working on a solo album and wanted to focus on that. After VR picked Scott and were working on an album he ran into Sorum and Sorum was let him know it was a legit opportunity that he passed up. Shooter isn't sure if it was an offer to front the band or just an opportunity to audition for the band, but later he was asked again and did send in a demo after Scott was let go. Nothing came of it obviously, and Shooter says his demo was horrible anyways. I'd love to hear it though. 

In 2010 Shooter was interviewed by Classic Rock magazine about his album Black Ribbons. Which is an excellent rock album with Stephen King on it. The only thing that was supposed to be discussed was the album, but they asked him about the VR deal and it came off sounding like he said they asked him twice and he turned them down. Which wasn't the case. 

I'm honestly not sure how I'd feel about him fronting them. I really like his Stargunn stuff, but that's because I became a huge fan of his and then went back and discovered it. I don't know if  that's the Shooter I'd want fronting that band. An older Shooter that has found his voice and musical direction like we have today fronting that band would be fantastic, but Slash and Duff got themselves a pretty good frontman for the time being. 

On 12/29/2016 at 6:43 PM, J Dog said:

Not country really but they deserve some respect in this thread....

for years i thought this was about some river in the south then i find out i lived really close to what it really was...a place called Putah Creek that i have seen like a hundred times :P

2 minutes ago, tharbin80 said:

Yeah, he puts on a hell of a show never been disappointed. Even hopped in a car with him and sold merch for four show, which was a fantastic experience. 

Nope, he's not with the chick from the Sopranos anymore, although they have 2 kids together. 

Think his his wife is from Topeka. 

I actually brought up that I discovered him through this forum before he released his first album to him. Then he explained the entire thing to me. He actually sang with VR for two shows before it was known that VR was going to find a singer. Shooter had a rock band called Stargunn and he'd opened for Duff a bunch of times. He was also friends with Sorum and Dave so that's how he got the chance to sing with them. 

A few months later he got an email asking him if he'd be interested in becoming their lead singer. It was an email from someone he didn't know, so he assumed it wasn't real. Especially since he was friends with those guys, he thought they would have asked him to be involved directly. So he blew off the email and responded that he was working on a solo album and wanted to focus on that. After VR picked Scott and were working on an album he ran into Sorum and Sorum was let him know it was a legit opportunity that he passed up. Shooter isn't sure if it was an offer to front the band or just an opportunity to audition for the band, but later he was asked again and did send in a demo after Scott was let go. Nothing came of it obviously, and Shooter says his demo was horrible anyways. I'd love to hear it though. 

In 2010 Shooter was interviewed by Classic Rock magazine about his album Black Ribbons. Which is an excellent rock album with Stephen King on it. The only thing that was supposed to be discussed was the album, but they asked him about the VR deal and it came off sounding like he said they asked him twice and he turned them down. Which wasn't the case. 

I'm honestly not sure how I'd feel about him fronting them. I really like his Stargunn stuff, but that's because I became a huge fan of his and then went back and discovered it. I don't know if  that's the Shooter I'd want fronting that band. An older Shooter that has found his voice and musical direction like we have today fronting that band would be fantastic, but Slash and Duff got themselves a pretty good frontman for the time being. 

Wow- that's awesome! Very interesting to read that and very cool that a GnR connection brings us together for a chat. 

I work all around the state of KS in highway construction, and come thru Topeka very often since it's the state capital. Lots of beautiful corn fed beauties there- nice call Shooter ??!

To be honest, I've never heard of Stargunn, but am gonna check it out. Thanks for the tip. 

Im all for puttin the O back in Country ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Wow- that's awesome! Very interesting to read that and very cool that a GnR connection brings us together for a chat. 

I work all around the state of KS in highway construction, and come thru Topeka very often since it's the state capital. Lots of beautiful corn fed beauties there- nice call Shooter ??!

To be honest, I've never heard of Stargunn, but am gonna check it out. Thanks for the tip. 

Im all for puttin the O back in Country ?

google Shooter, Slash, Duff and check out the other videos. Very cool indeed. I've been a frequent visitor to this site since day one, but this is the first post I've contributed anything. 

He married well, his wife is awesome. She has an amazing Axl story herself. 

When I've talked with Shooter about Stargunn he seemed kinda embarrassed about it. It's not the best, but it's really good. I'd like to see him go back and do another Stargunn album now that he's a more mature musician. I think the album The Only Way Up Is Down is all on YouTube. You can definitely hear the GNR influence in the album. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, tharbin80 said:

google Shooter, Slash, Duff and check out the other videos. Very cool indeed. I've been a frequent visitor to this site since day one, but this is the first post I've contributed anything. 

He married well, his wife is awesome. She has an amazing Axl story herself. 

When I've talked with Shooter about Stargunn he seemed kinda embarrassed about it. It's not the best, but it's really good. I'd like to see him go back and do another Stargunn album now that he's a more mature musician. I think the album The Only Way Up Is Down is all on YouTube. You can definitely hear the GNR influence in the album. 

Wow- that's cool. Thanks for posting that. What a fuckin show that must've been!

I'll check out YouTube later tonight. Thanks- don't be a stranger!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 0:00 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

Wow- that's cool. Thanks for posting that. What a fuckin show that must've been!

I'll check out YouTube later tonight. Thanks- don't be a stranger!

I'm a daily scroller througher, just not a contributor. Hit me up at www.facebook.com/tommcclane80 I'm much more active there. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 3:06 AM, Fitha_whiskey said:

Between Hank Williams love songs n Jerry Jeff's train songs n Blue Eyes Cryin in the Rain

Out in Luckenbach Texas ain't nobody feelin no pain 

That drummer, Richie Albright, played with Waylon from 1964 until he passed away. Now he's formed the Waymore's Outlaws and has been playing with Shooter. The dude is still a badass.