Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

16 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

I believe she confirmed the song was about her, saying she had the original tape?  She was mad at the fan for some reason, though, yes.  I remember that.

Yeah. I recall her saying she had the original version on a tape that Izzy gave to her and that she would never release it unless Izzy asked her to do it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Darkenchantress said:

@Kris_1989 I admire your ability for not losing your coolness on the main section. We pretty much posted the same but I look like I wanna kill everyone painfully and you look so lovely and diplomatic. :D

Oh trust me, I deleted A LOT of my post. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darkenchantress said:

Makes sense. :P

I just don't get some people. It's not all about Slash & Axl. And you know damn well if the situation was reversed with Izzy, Duff & Steven out on tour without Axl & Slash everybody would be losing their minds. But because it's Izzy & Steven we're supposed to just sit down, shut up and pretend to be happy about the situation. F* that. :max:

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I just don't get some people. It's not all about Slash & Axl. And you know damn well if the situation was reversed with Izzy, Duff & Steven out on tour without Axl & Slash everybody would be losing their minds. But because it's Izzy & Steven we're supposed to just sit down, shut up and pretend to be happy about the situation. F* that. :max:

Yeah, exactly. Ugh, if Izzy was there (and I mean out there on tour, I don't even need it to be with GnR) I would be in cloud nine and the last of my concerns would be people "complaining", cause having a different opinion is now called "complain". It's getting old. 

Would love Izzy to tour. My band had the pleasure of opening for Tracii Guns a couple of years back and Tracii was awesome, had a good chat about when he lived with Izzy. To summarise he was very complimentary of Iz and really appreciated his talent. I was 8 sheets to the wind mind you. 

• Like 1

Just now, Darkenchantress said:

Yeah, exactly. Ugh, if Izzy was there (and I mean out there on tour, I don't even need it to be with GnR) I would be in cloud nine and the last of my concerns would be people "complaining", cause having a different opinion is now called "complain". It's getting old. 

Exactly.

If Izzy played just one more show (Solo or with GNR) nobody would ever hear another peep out of me. Honestly, at this point I think if he uploaded another cover from his living room on Youtube that'd put me on cloud 9 too. :lol: I'm not picky or trying to be whiny in every thread, I just miss seeing/hearing Izzy play. :( 

I think what the Slaxl fans don't understand is that the excitement that they're feeling every day was taken away from us Stizzy fans. Izzy and Steven are fully capable of playing and willing (or at least we think with Izzy) to be a part of the tour but they aren't because of the trinities greed.

They're never going to get how that feels. 

Just now, Izzymacbeth said:

Would love Izzy to tour. My band had the pleasure of opening for Tracii Guns a couple of years back and Tracii was awesome, had a good chat about when he lived with Izzy. To summarise he was very complimentary of Iz and really appreciated his talent. I was 8 sheets to the wind mind you. 

Wasn't Tracii the one that stuck up for Izzy a few months back? He's always seemed like a nice guy. Pretty cool that you got to open for him. :)

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Wasn't Tracii the one that stuck up for Izzy a few months back? He's always seemed like a nice guy. Pretty cool that you got to open for him. :)

Yeah we've been pretty lucky, we recently dispanded after 8 years though so I'm still a bit down. We've shared bills with Mike Monroe too among others. That night with Tracii though it was Rudy Sarzo (Ozzy, Quiet Riot etc) on bass and he remarked that the acoustic guitar Izzy recorded GN'R Lies with belonged to his brother. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Yeah we've been pretty lucky, we recently dispanded after 8 years though so I'm still a bit down. We've shared bills with Mike Monroe too among others. That night with Tracii though it was Rudy Sarzo (Ozzy, Quiet Riot etc) on bass and he remarked that the acoustic guitar Izzy recorded GN'R Lies with belonged to his brother. 

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like you guys had a good run though and you never know, maybe you'll end getting back together soon.

31 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like you guys had a good run though and you never know, maybe you'll end getting back together soon.

Already thinking about the next thing. Onwards and upwards. Thank you though. 

Anyway back to Izzy: how many of you guys saw him live? I did once as a kid in Wembley but it was my first experience of GN'R so sadly no real memories except the noise and thinking he looked awesome. So anyone any cool stories? 

• Like 1

That's awesome @Izzymacbeth ! Tracii always seemed a nice guy to me, and yeah he was the one who stood by Izzy's side after the loot tweet. 

Let me sum up Izzy Stradlin for the the speculators. It’s simple. He stays true to himself. He stays to himself and it ain’t none of your business.

:wub:

6 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Anyway back to Izzy: how many of you guys saw him live? I did once as a kid in Wembley but it was my first experience of GN'R so sadly no real memories except the noise and thinking he looked awesome. So anyone any cool stories? 

I wish! I was 14 when he left the band, first teenage drama of my life :lol: and then he came back with the Juju's, still too young I wasn't allowed to go. He had played in Spain other times with VR and NuGnR and I also missed him. :o

6 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Hey witches, found this gem on tumblr and I thought I'd share it with you. Gothic young Izzy (apparently he was called Izzy Dead, OMG :lol:) playing drums with Voodoo Church. He's only in a few seconds, but he looks so cute and young. :wub:

Credit to rocketqueen48.

"Jeff Isabel" :lol:

22 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

"Jeff Isabel" :lol:

Maybe giving him a girl's name sounded more gothic to them :rofl-lol: Anyway, everytime I see him addressed as Jeff Isabel I find it hilarious. Seeing those old videos makes me realize how little he has changed, he was no one (musically speaking) and he already had that sense of coolness all over him.

Gifs courtesy of stradlingizzystradlin (love her username :P)

tumblr_ontxckXzBY1vypjyio1_400.gif

tumblr_ontxckXzBY1vypjyio2_400.gif

tumblr_ontxckXzBY1vypjyio3_540.png

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Maybe giving him a girl's name sounded more gothic to them :rofl-lol: Anyway, everytime I see him addressed as Jeff Isabel I find it hilarious. Seeing those old videos makes me realize how little he has changed, he was no one (musically speaking) and he already had that sense of coolness all over him.

I think that's one of the things that I admire the most about him. He's always seemed to know who he is and stuck with that. Fame, money and crazyness didn't seem to change who he was. Not to many people can do that.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I was brave and made a new topic in the main section, asking the question what would the 1988 trio think of the current tour. not one person has pointed out they would ask where are Izzy and Steven. ??

14 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Already thinking about the next thing. Onwards and upwards. Thank you though. 

I saw Izzy with Guns in 1991. He did Dust and Bones, and that was me sold ?

15 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

@Kris_1989 I admire your ability for not losing your coolness on the main section. We pretty much posted the same but I look like I wanna kill everyone painfully and you look so lovely and diplomatic. :D

What did I miss? is there another main section debate? It amuses me there is more Izzy/steven discussion in the main section than, Duff and Slash, that should tell you about the state of affairs with this band.

4 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Hey witches, found this gem on tumblr and I thought I'd share it with you. Gothic young Izzy (apparently he was called Izzy Dead, OMG :lol:) playing drums with Voodoo Church. 

Yep, Izzy Dead like those gothic kids that love hanging out at Hot Topic. :lol:

He was Izzy Bell for a while too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Hey witches, found this gem on tumblr and I thought I'd share it with you. Gothic young Izzy (apparently he was called Izzy Dead, OMG :lol:) playing drums with Voodoo Church. He's only in a few seconds, but he looks so cute and young. :wub:

Credit to rocketqueen48.

Is it really Him?  Cause I never heard about Him play in a band named Voodoo Church before

I guess thia is another proof tht He interested in black magic

44 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Is it really Him?  Cause I never heard about Him play in a band named Voodoo Church before

I guess thia is another proof tht He interested in black magic

Yes that is him.. look at the end credits.. drums Jeff Isbell.. 

• Like 1

Not gonna happen but OMG, Mark Lanegan is gonna open for GnR in Madrid. I believe Mark and Izzy are friends, they've played together a couple times, wouldn't it be EPIC Izzy playing with Mark before GnR??? :rofl-lol: The whole stadium would go down and I would die a happy woman. :lol:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 1