Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

And speaking of torture, have you guys seen that Roxana chick we once talked about sending hearts to Izzy on Twitter? I thought she was into Dizzy better. :facepalm:

Humm... I hope it doesn't mean that she finally "got what she wanted". :smiley-confused2:

Am I the only one cringing a little bit at all the interview requests? Especially from Art? If Izzy wanted to do an interview or a Q&A he'd do it. Harassing him isn't going to make him want to do anything.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Am I the only one cringing a little bit at all the interview requests? Especially from Art? If Izzy wanted to do an interview or a Q&A he'd do it. Harassing him isn't going to make him want to do anything.

No, you're not alone. I'm with you.

• Like 1

@Kris_1989 I don't know. Are there so many interview request for Izzy on twitter? I mean from people he'd actually consider talking to? Don't know if I think it makes him feel harassed. It should just tell him how many people would actually really appreciate it. :headbang:

May I ask, @downliner, did you ask Izzy for a Q+A for AfD anniversary or would you consider doing it?

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

@Kris_1989 I don't know. Are there so many interview request for Izzy on twitter? I mean from people he'd actually consider talking to? Don't know if I think it makes him feel harassed. It should just tell him how many people would actually really appreciate it. :headbang:

I feel like Art already requested a interview multiple times last year and Izzy turned him down. Asking again multiple times on twitter and now getting the fans involved seems a little over the line.

I don't know... I just wish people would leave the guy alone for once. He's not a child and has been in this business 30 years. If he wants to do a interview he knows how to make that happen.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

Just now, Darkenchantress said:

I'm desperate for news and I'd love a new interview from Izzy but the truth is there were some things I didn't like from Art's article, it felt a little invasive of Izzy's privacy (like saying where he lives and that stuff) so I don't know. I'm torn between wanting to know from him and "please, leave the man alone".

I feel the same. 

• Like 2

I don't have an issue with making a request but I do have an issue with somebody who I feel is using Izzy & now his fans to try and gain exposure for himself.

I'd love a Q&A as much as the next person but I don't trust Art's motives behind this at all. Sorry. :no:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Archtop said:

AFD, is probably the most important album of my teens, as a child brought up in a household where music played all the time (love you dad) this was the first time that I came across music that spoke to me and didn't belong to another generation.  I discovered it for myself, it's  important because it changed who I was, I could relate but my family couldn't, it was a coming of age moment to have music that was mine.  So to hear from the man who was largly responsible, somehow it cements the importance of the album in my mind. No matter how Izzy regards the current situation, involvement or not, it would be amazing to hear a little something new about how the album changed his life too.

Aww, I could have written this myself. I totally get you, AFD was the same for me. :wub:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I feel like Art already requested a interview multiple times last year and Izzy turned him down. Asking again multiple times on twitter and now getting the fans involved seems a little over the line.

I don't know... I just wish people would leave the guy alone for once. He's not a child and has been in this business 30 years. If he wants to do a interview he knows how to make that happen.

Just catching up after several days of traveling and working a ton!  

No, you're not the only one cringing, Kris.  This has me conflicted. :wacko: My first instinct was "yes!" then I immediately thought "wait, I dunno about this".  Bc I agree with everything @Archtop said about AFD. It was absolutely without a doubt THE album that turned my little 12 year old world upside down.  So to hear Izzy reflect upon it would be amazing.  But I just think --- maybe a different forum or format or something?  And if Izzy wanted to do it -- I mean, wouldn't he just DO it or have done it already???  I mean, I actually really liked Art's article, but I don't know about this - as per usual with Izzy, I'm confused and my feelings are all over the place. :crazy:

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 2

This is basically how I see it:

- Art recognizes the fact that there is VERY little information out there on Izzy. Therefore, ANY article he writes on him is going to be easy exposure.

- He also knows that a bunch of fans retweeting his requests will put pressure on Izzy to say yes.

- Even though he said Izzy can delete his tweets after the Q&A is done, Art knows there will be screenshots and enough material for his own article. Once again, bringing the attention back to him.

- Lastly, he called Melissa Reese a rock icon... That should show you how far he's willing to sink for attention. Aka, clickbait.

I just wish you guys would be a bit more careful with who you're supporting. These people aren't always "doing it for the fans!" like they claim. Art has everything to gain from this and I'm pretty sure it's just going to cause headaches for Izzy.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox and go back to lurking now. Sorry for once again causing problems in the thread.  :ph34r:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

- Lastly, he called Melissa Reese a rock icon... That should show you how far he's willing to sink for attention. Aka, clickbait.

:awesomeface: How could I forget, Melissa Reese rock icon for that alone I should have a serious rethink. 

Your entitled to your soapbox it's what makes the thread interesting, differences in opion are good, :hug:Not causing any problems with me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Well said. 

Harassing the guy or prying into his life has never been a good way to approach him.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I had almost forgotten about that, LMAO, if that wasn't the stupidest thing ever said i don't know what it is. :facepalm:

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Archtop said:

:awesomeface: How could I forget, Melissa Reese rock icon for that alone I should have a serious rethink. 

Your entitled to your soapbox it's what makes the thread interesting, differences in opion are good, :hug:Not causing any problems with me. 

Same for me - rock on, sister! :headbang:  

And I had no idea about the Pokémon.  That is ....... not true. :blink:

Edited by Cold Jen Time

Besides the "rock icon" ridiculousness, and actually going to Izzy's house and putting something in his mailbox (awful) , Art also wrote a piece on Sky Ferreira that was super creepy and LA Weekly actually had to apologize for it.  

I'm sure Izzy has been inundated with interview requests since his tweet storm last year.  He's just uncomfortable with that shit. And I think he doesn't want to talk about the drugs or that lifestyle which unfortunately would come up in an AFD piece when talking about Mr. Brownstone or even Nightrain or Anything Goes.  I don't blame him.

• Like 2

Did I ever tell you guys about the Lance Armstrong podcast? I guess it's a sign that I'm getting old if I can't remember if I told you all something or if I just thought about telling you guys. :lol:

Annnnyway, Lance Armstrong has a podcast and he talked about filming a commercial (For Heineken... I think?) at a nice house in Malibu. Towards the end of the shoot he found out that the house was actually owned by Izzy and ended up meeting him. Which is where this picture came from:

izzylance.jpg

So Lance is going on an on in the podcast about how he's buddies with Izzy now - even though he only met him this one time - and how he's sure he will get Izzy on his podcast soon. :awesomeface:

Like @beautifulanddamned said, everybody and their mother has probably been trying to get an interview out of Izzy since last year and it's just not happening for whatever reason.

I hope Izzy changes his mind at some point (A Mitch Lafon interview would be amaaazingg) but I don't think us spamming him on twitter is going to help... unfortunately. :(

• Like 3