Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

3 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

WTF happened at tonight's show?

I don't get it. I was watching the livestream and thought Axl didn't sound that bad but everyone is saying the crowd sucked and people kept leaving throughout the show. :wacko:

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I don't get it. I was watching the livestream and thought Axl didn't sound that bad but everyone is saying the crowd sucked and people kept leaving throughout the show. :wacko:

Yikes. Off to read the concert thread and catch up. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Yeah I read on Twitter that some people left an hour before the gig ended. I watched most of it on Persicope/fb and I hate to say it but the crowd was awful. I thought Axl sounded just fine. So I don't know. :shrugs:

35 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah I read on Twitter that some people left an hour before the gig ended. I watched most of it on Persicope/fb and I hate to say it but the crowd was awful. I thought Axl sounded just fine. So I don't know. :shrugs:

Might be because the place ran out of beer and the band were held up an hour

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Might be because the place ran out of beer and the band were held up an hour

I'm gonna message someone I know who was at the show ........ will report back!

PS - be still my heart ....

YOWZA

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 3

I got the impression from reading the thread that there was nothing wrong with the show, they went on an hour late and the venue ran out of beer ?

The finns are apparently a subdued crowed. Could also just be the impression we got as most of the streams came from quite a way back. 

26 minutes ago, Archtop said:

@Fourteenbeers sounds like you had an amazing experience, pleased for you.

Glad the audience were not as bad as the impression the streams gave. Wonder what delayed them? 

It's amazing that there were any streams at all. Too many people in too small space using their phones at the same time. I tried to use the internet on my phone 3 times before the show started and all I got was "no connection" every time. 

BTW I had to remove one use of term  "ass off" from my review and change it to something else.. I was beginning to sound like I was 12.:P 

@Fourteenbeers I am so glad you had such a great time :) No need to defend your crowd, I saw clips from people up front and it looked fine to me. Just a normal crowd for saying the show was in a festival type venue, especially all the milling about from the back. 

Loved reading your review. I liked all three of them :lol:

50 minutes ago, dgnr said:

This one is worst...she is closer to say 'Axl is god' than 'Slash is god', pretty worrying if you ask me :P jk 

@Fourteenbeers loved your review, glad you had a nice time!!

Slash is God

Axl is King

Duff is Knight in shining armor

Izzy is a pirate Knight in black armor

Steven is Court Jester:smiley-confused2:

Edited by SerenityScorp

6 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

So was finally able to sit down and catch up on social media and my Twitter pal Lili said she had a great time at the show last night, too!  Did we ever find out why they were late?

Somebody in the show thread said technical issues with the lights. :shrugs:

I'm still surprised everyone got so upset. Considering this is GNR being an hour late isn't so bad. :lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

So was finally able to sit down and catch up on social media and my Twitter pal Lili said she had a great time at the show last night, too!  Did we ever find out why they were late?

I didn't have time to do that, I was too busy trying to get a little bit of sleep and correct the 5000 typos/ other mistakes from my review.:P Maybe somebody else has found out.

9 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Lots of people saying there were some technical issues with the screens and lights. 

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Lots of people saying there were some technical issues with the screens and lights. 

Actually, there were guys climbing on ladders to the upper parts of the stage at one point. I wonder, why didn't they just announce that the lights were the problem? Instead of people just wondering what was going on...