Status Quo Rick Parfitt dead at 68

classicrawker

Sad to see Rick Parfitt of Status Quo died Christmas Eve...died due to complications of an infection he got from shoulder surgery of all things........

This is one band I regret never having seen live as based on recordings and videos look like they put on a kick ass show. Never caught on here in the U.S. or got any radio play and as a result rarely toured here but from what I gather they were big in the UK and Europe.

Nothing fancy about their music just straight ahead rock n roll.....

Any other fans out there? surely must be some UK or Euro fans on this forum?

Youtube of one of my favorite live albums which IMHO is up there with some of the great 70's live LP's

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

Just now, classicrawker said:

Sad to see Rick parfitt of Status Quo died Christmas Eve...died due to complications of an infection he got from shoulder surgery of all things........

This is one band I regret never having seen live as based on recordings and videos look like they put on a kick ass show. Never caught on here in the U.S. or got any radio play and as a result rarely toured here but from what I gather they were big in the UK and Europe.

Nothing fancy about their music just straight ahead rock n roll.....

Any other fans out there? surely must be some UK or Euro fans on this forum?

Youtbe of one of my favorite live albums which IMHO is up there with some of the great 70's live LP's

wow that is sad. and scary...