Myles Kennedy Talking About GNR and Slash's Next Album

If Axl and Slash don't seem to have been communicating a lot of fans feel bad.  That them not talking takes away the 'realness factor'  And I get that to an extent.

I haven't really notices that with Slash and Myles though.  Myles can say "I dunno." and demonstrate that he hasn't really talked to Slash.  SMKC fans don't seem to mind that.  And I get that to an extent as well.

Im not really to familiar with the band dynamics in SMKC. 

18 hours ago, Robert39 said:

Basic is not enough for the die hard Gn'R fan, the want exacly what you are saying..... reinvent and save hardrock !!!

BTW yes, Axl did some great AXL/DC concerts, but also some very bad ones !!

Good luck on the quest to a new Chinese Democracy, that'll probably be released in 2048. lel

14 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Southern rock? Slash pushing that sound is one of the reasons we didn't get another record with those guys. Duff and Axl both didn't want to go southern rock, not sure why they would now.

Both Illusions/AFD and the whole Slash discography have southern rock influences.

Influence doesnt mean it will be a Alman Brothers album.

3 hours ago, soon said:

If Axl and Slash don't seem to have been communicating a lot of fans feel bad.  That them not talking takes away the 'realness factor'  And I get that to an extent.

I haven't really notices that with Slash and Myles though.  Myles can say "I dunno." and demonstrate that he hasn't really talked to Slash.  SMKC fans don't seem to mind that.  And I get that to an extent as well.

Im not really to familiar with the band dynamics in SMKC. 

Slash and Myles are still in touch quite often, in a recent interview Myles mentioned that they had been texting each other. He doesn't say he doesn't know because they don't talk, just because even Slash doesn't know how long the GNR thing may last. Don't forget that when the reunion started (the april shows), Slash's band (mostly Todd and Brent I believe) were set to start recording the new album in May. Things went well with GNR and SMKC III started to get postponed until the point they no longer know when it might be recorded and released.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Slash and Myles are still in touch quite often, in a recent interview Myles mentioned that they had been texting each other. He doesn't say he doesn't know because they don't talk, just because even Slash doesn't know how long the GNR thing may last. Don't forget that when the reunion started (the april shows), Slash's band (mostly Todd and Brent I believe) were set to start recording the new album in May. Things went well with GNR and SMKC III started to get postponed until the point they no longer know when it might be recorded and released.

I see, cool! Thanks for filling me in.  I like that they text.

Do you happen to know if the guys other then Slash and Myles are in a tight spot with the shifting schedules?  I mean, if they dont start other big projects and then SMKC is postponed - these guys are more working class musicians?  Is this maybe hard for them financially?  If Slash is a way a long time will the same band remain available?  Im just curious.

Just now, soon said:

I see, cool! Thanks for filling me in.  I like that they text.

Do you happen to know if the guys other then Slash and Myles are in a tight spot with the shifting schedules?  I mean, if they dont start other big projects and then SMKC is postponed - these guys are more working class musicians?  Is this maybe hard for them financially?  If Slash is a way a long time will the same band remain available?  Im just curious.

I haven't paid thaaat much attention lately but I know Todd and Brent have a band called Toque. I think they play covers from canadian bands or something like that. Todd also reaunited his old band Age Of Electric. Brent was drumming for Whitford/St. Holmes last year but I don't know if they're playing right now. One way or another, I'm sure they'll stay busy but I don't believe whatever they're doing at the time will get in the way of SMKC. As for Frank, he has a new band (don't remember the name) but he doesn't play on SMKC's albums anyway.

Myles could be the complicated one schedule-wise as he has two solo records pretty much ready to release besides Alter Bridge but he seems to be pretty much like Axl when it comes to releasing his music (he had a solo record done and started a new one without releasing the first :lol:) so we'll probably see a new SMKC album before any of his solo albums come out.

4 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I haven't paid thaaat much attention lately but I know Todd and Brent have a band called Toque. I think they play covers from canadian bands or something like that. Todd also reaunited his old band Age Of Electric. Brent was drumming for Whitford/St. Holmes last year but I don't know if they're playing right now. One way or another, I'm sure they'll stay busy but I don't believe whatever they're doing at the time will get in the way of SMKC. As for Frank, he has a new band (don't remember the name) but he doesn't play on SMKC's albums anyway.

Myles could be the complicated one schedule-wise as he has two solo records pretty much ready to release besides Alter Bridge but he seems to be pretty much like Axl when it comes to releasing his music (he had a solo record done and started a new one without releasing the first :lol:) so we'll probably see a new SMKC album before any of his solo albums come out.

Im so excited to hear that Age of Electric reunited - I have to see them!  I live in Canada and they were huge here.

And I shouldnt be surprised that they're pretty in demand for tours with the likes of Whitford/St. Holmes, because even though Ive never followed them closely I know what great players they are.

Myles solo albums; man Slash sure seems to have a type :lol:

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Todd, Fitzy and Frank have also been playing as The Conspirators too 

3 hours ago, soon said:

Im so excited to hear that Age of Electric reunited - I have to see them!  I live in Canada and they were huge here.

And I shouldnt be surprised that they're pretty in demand for tours with the likes of Whitford/St. Holmes, because even though Ive never followed them closely I know what great players they are.

Myles solo albums; man Slash sure seems to have a type :lol:

Well, apparently you just missed a canadian tour :no: http://www.theageofelectric.com/

Well, Brent has played with everybody, he even played a song on Gilby's album Swag. I think all these guys stay pretty busy when SMKC is on a break.

I'm glad Myles is willing to make albums with Slash in the meantime, though :P

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

True, but wasn't that a one off show so far? Maybe not and I just missed it :lol:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, apparently you just missed a canadian tour :no: http://www.theageofelectric.com/

Well, Brent has played with everybody, he even played a song on Gilby's album Swag. I think all these guys stay pretty busy when SMKC is on a break.

I'm glad Myles is willing to make albums with Slash in the meantime, though :P

Damn it!  I did miss it!!  

Thats a really neat piece of trivia that he played on a Gilby album too.  Ill have to check that out!

Slash gets em to release it - hope he can apply the to the GNR situation again!

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

neat!  I didn't know that.  Thats really cool!!

Edited by soon