My Band's First EP is now out! Please give us a listen!

6 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

What happens when you click it?

Takes me to youtube and the video screen is black other then in the centre left theres a grey circle around an exclamation mark, with white letters next to it saying "This video is not available."  Pretty Tied Up and I are both out side the US, is there maybe an option to click on to allow for Internationals to watch, on the tool bar for uploading?

Edited by soon

WeIl checked just about all of it out. The vibe Im getting is something like the strokes meets the Clark's? But obviously has better drumming and guitar then those bands. But especially the first track reminds me of the strokes, the last track was more out of the box imo.  Is the drummer a fan of Mitch Mitchell? I get that impression at times, especially the way he hits the snare. And with the guitars I hear more of a harder rock influence, blues rock, mixed with the feel of Mike Cambell (running down a dream outro) particularly like the lead work on the first and third track, and the track with the wah wah.

Sorry if you guys hate those bands that I mentioned! Lmao. It's just the vibe I get as a first impression. 

And it's cool to hear a recording done organically with mics these days. I kinda miss recording that way.

Edited by Order of Nine

On January 4, 2018 at 4:17 PM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Darn, it's telling me the video is not available. 

On January 4, 2018 at 5:32 PM, soon said:

Still doesnt work for me at least

Hey guys! Try this out, its a free download. Might work for international peeps. Sorry about Youtube 

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/thedirtynews

On January 5, 2018 at 9:03 AM, Order of Nine said:

WeIl checked just about all of it out. The vibe Im getting is something like the strokes meets the Clark's? But obviously has better drumming and guitar then those bands. But especially the first track reminds me of the strokes, the last track was more out of the box imo.  Is the drummer a fan of Mitch Mitchell? I get that impression at times, especially the way he hits the snare. And with the guitars I hear more of a harder rock influence, blues rock, mixed with the feel of Mike Cambell (running down a dream outro) particularly like the lead work on the first and third track, and the track with the wah wah.

Sorry if you guys hate those bands that I mentioned! Lmao. It's just the vibe I get as a first impression. 

And it's cool to hear a recording done organically with mics these days. I kinda miss recording that way.

Thanks! My drummer is a huge Mitch Mitchell fan! (He is one of my all time favorite drummers too). I don't hate any of those bands =)

Edited by ZoSoRose

31 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Hey guys! Try this out, its a free download. Might work for international peeps. Sorry about Youtube 

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/thedirtynews

Thanks! My drummer is a huge Mitch Mitchell fan! (He is one of my all time favorite drummers too). I don't hate any of those bands =)

Well tell him that all the time he spent listening to Hendrix paid off. Enjoy the release, I know these things take alot of time and energy to get off the ground.

Wow, this is cool!  Winter Blues is my pick of the bunch (preview ended too quickly, ha! was really enjoying it) and Need A Hand sounds quirky, interesting...it's the one that has me most intrigued.  I like your singer.  Seems to have a bit of diversity, doesn't sound exactly the same on each song?  I wish I could see you guys live - would be an awesome gig.  What instrument do you play?

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Wow, this is cool!  Winter Blues is my pick of the bunch (preview ended too quickly, ha! was really enjoying it) and Need A Hand sounds quirky, interesting...it's the one that has me most intrigued.  I like your singer.  Seems to have a bit of diversity, doesn't sound exactly the same on each song?  I wish I could see you guys live - would be an awesome gig.  What instrument do you play?

Give em a download! The full songs are free!

Thank you very much, I play guitar. I do a lot of the leads on the EP. The other guitar player is completely different to me which is great, it leads to a lot of cool dynamics. 

Our bassist is also our lead singer but the other guitar player sings a few songs. He sings lead on "Need A Hand"

• Like 1

Great job @ZoSoRose! I have had a listen to all of them, I think Winter Blues edges it as my favourite (great solo in that BTW), your rhythm section is on point as well, they sound tight as fuck, especially on Need A Hand. And I love the use of the octaver on Old Crow, gives it a Royal Blood type favour, which sits nicely with the staccato beats in the song. As @Order of Nine said, there is an organic feel to the recordings that will make it stand out in a sea of drum samples and perfect production. Really impressed!:headbang:

• GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, KURT19 said:

FUCK YEAH!

Was the show last night or next week? If we missed it, sorry and let us know how it went!

Hey man, thanks! It was last night and it went fucking perfect! We packed The Blind Pig and the other 3 bands we got to play with us were all fantastic. Definitely the largest and most energetic crowd I've played to. Couple hundred people minimum!

6 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Great job @ZoSoRose! I have had a listen to all of them, I think Winter Blues edges it as my favourite (great solo in that BTW), your rhythm section is on point as well, they sound tight as fuck, especially on Need A Hand. And I love the use of the octaver on Old Crow, gives it a Royal Blood type favour, which sits nicely with the staccato beats in the song. As @Order of Nine said, there is an organic feel to the recordings that will make it stand out in a sea of drum samples and perfect production. Really impressed!:headbang:

Thanks a lot! We put a lot of work into it. Haha funny you should mention Royal Blood, can you tell I like them? They were the main inspiration for that solo. The other guitar player did the first main solo in Winter Blues and I did the second half. He also did the second half of Old Crow's main solo and the other little fills throughout that song. He has a pretty cool style and I think we do a good job complementing each other. 

I appreciate all the feedback and am glad you enjoyed it! I still listen to your songs a lot so it means a lot

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Thanks a lot! We put a lot of work into it. Haha funny you should mention Royal Blood, can you tell I like them? They were the main inspiration for that solo. The other guitar player did the first main solo in Winter Blues and I did the second half. He also did the second half of Old Crow's main solo and the other little fills throughout that song. He has a pretty cool style and I think we do a good job complementing each other. 

I appreciate all the feedback and am glad you enjoyed it! I still listen to your songs a lot so it means a lot

It definitely had a Royal Blood vibe to it, the guitar interplay was cool as well, nice and funky! Do you have the separates from your recording? I would like to have a go at a mix for you if you're up for it?

7 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

It definitely had a Royal Blood vibe to it, the guitar interplay was cool as well, nice and funky! Do you have the separates from your recording? I would like to have a go at a mix for you if you're up for it?

Unfortunately I dont have them but might be able to get them from the engineer. Idk though