Chinese Democracy "Easter Eggs" - Discussion

2 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

Has anyone ever heard the different parts to "Better"? I know I did a while back but can't find it anymore. I assume it was removed in the "Alfred" takedown attack. If anyone has that feel free to let me know!!!! It sounded crazy! The intro to the song can't even be heard in the final cut of the song.

Yeah, I have to take a look and see if I still have those. There was also a Fortus guitar rig video where he played a part from Better that is not always easily heard in the studio version. 

Edit: Starts at 8:50. Not exactly hidden, but cool to hear solo.

Edited by kever20

2 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

Has anyone ever heard the different parts to "Better"? I know I did a while back but can't find it anymore. I assume it was removed in the "Alfred" takedown attack. If anyone has that feel free to let me know!!!! It sounded crazy! The intro to the song can't even be heard in the final cut of the song.

wait, wich version is that?

One of the things I love about this album is that even after 10 years, I'm still finding stuff I've never heard before.

Like just the other day, I only just noticed a lot of the heavier riffs, like on Shackler's and Better, have a subtle flange effect on them. Although, now that I know it's there it's been doing my fucking head in listening to it, it just sounds dumb. 

2 hours ago, kever20 said:

Yeah, I have to take a look and see if I still have those. There was also a Fortus guitar rig video where he played a part from Better that is not always easily heard in the studio version. 

Edit: Starts at 8:50. Not exactly hidden, but cool to hear solo.

That is badass seeing fortus play that riff with such ease. It sounds awesome. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

wait, wich version is that?

Pretty much any, but the studio version, at around 0:08 you can hear the ending of the effects sound. It begins with something that sounds like music that you hear in Chinese restaurants and then the sounds you hear at 0:08. A kind of beeping noise

14 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

Pretty much any, but the studio version, at around 0:08 you can hear the ending of the effects sound. It begins with something that sounds like music that you hear in Chinese restaurants and then the sounds you hear at 0:08. A kind of beeping noise

Then you're talking about the Chinese Democracy multitracks from Rock Band.

https://mega.nz/#!pk4mCQgT!U4UmuT_8LO3G0Wdb8dlV-xIU4B16zEk53pbAjK5iqCM

You cand downlad the multitracks from Better on that link. The effects you're talking about will surely be on "Additional instruments"

31 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Then you're talking about the Chinese Democracy multitracks from Rock Band.

https://mega.nz/#!pk4mCQgT!U4UmuT_8LO3G0Wdb8dlV-xIU4B16zEk53pbAjK5iqCM

You cand downlad the multitracks from Better on that link. The effects you're talking about will surely be on "Additional instruments"

Right on, man. That’s it!  So the video game Rock Band huh? You can edit music on there or what? I’ve never played

Just now, Stoymatic said:

Right on, man. That’s it!  So the video game Rock Band huh? You can edit music on there or what? I’ve never played

The game gets separated tracks for each instrument, so you can play the guitar track, or the bass track, etc. These multitracks have been online for several years and have been used to make different remixes. 

On 7/31/2018 at 12:57 AM, mcmurray said:

I actually don't think that's Bucket playing the outro on Street of Dreams. Fantastic piece of guitar work though.

It sounds like the same tone and even some of the same notes from his KOHD's solos