Racism in London towards football players

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

If you ask me, in a convoluted sense, its all about economics.  You fuck up economically, times get hard and people turn to the closest group of fuckers they can point the shitty stick at and everyone goes 'yeah yeah yeah, its them'.  But broadly speaking it'll always be there, we're really not as evolved a species as we think we are, when it comes on top we revert.

It is true. The Great Depression meant the NSDAP vote increased from 2.6% in the German elections of 1930 to 37% in November 1932, unemployment all but saving Adolf Hitler who had been up until that point a ridiculous figure leading a fringe party little known outside Bavaria. Or to put it another way, unemployment meant far more ordinary Germans were willing to vote for an obstreperously antisemitic party.

It is easier to be liberal when you're rich and comfortable. It is easier to support things like open migration, European integration and anti-national politics when you're going to university, swanning around the globe with a healthy wallet, and living the city orientated cosmopolitan life, however, when you pack boxes for a living in a post-industrial town outside a commuter belt, and that Asian chap gets the foreman job you've cavorted, through what you perceive to be ''diversity quotas'', then you can see why people in those circumstances are more prone to racist utterances, and begin to lean more to the far-right. I know quite a few people in this bracket, a builder who had to relocate because ''the Poles took all the jobs''. I wouldn't call any of them inherently racist but they reach a point where they believe they are being hammered as a human being, eco-socially, educationally, racially - in terms of one's conception of nationhood and self - and think ''fuck it, Polish cunts, fling 'em oot'' haha. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Liberals do tend to get their money from some kind of corrupt company but then give their money to something that makes them feel better and they refuse to admit their country ever do anything terrible. It’s like if we’re all just really nice to each other the state won’t ruin our lives. And quite a lot of people live in this sheltered existence forever. 

17 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

If you ask me, in a convoluted sense, its all about economics.  You fuck up economically, times get hard and people turn to the closest group of fuckers they can point the shitty stick at and everyone goes 'yeah yeah yeah, its them'.  But broadly speaking it'll always be there, we're really not as evolved a species as we think we are, when it comes on top we revert.

I thought  low interest rates lead to bubbles which eventually burst. Boom and bust thing. So when rates are low companies can borrow and everything goes well for a while. But then we realise everything we invested in is worthless and there’s no way to pay off the debts. It seems like it’s built into the system. Maybe the trick is to have money to buy when it busts. Like if there’s a no deal for brexit, pound will drop. Buy buy buy. It will come back. Boris is probably involved in some elaborate scheme to crash the world econmy. 

On 12/12/2018 at 10:05 AM, DieselDaisy said:

It is true. The Great Depression meant the NSDAP vote increased from 2.6% in the German elections of 1930 to 37% in November 1932, unemployment all but saving Adolf Hitler who had been up until that point a ridiculous figure leading a fringe party little known outside Bavaria. Or to put it another way, unemployment meant far more ordinary Germans were willing to vote for an obstreperously antisemitic party.

I was not aware of this fact. Interesting.