Racism in London towards football players

I saw the clip and cannot discern whether he was mouthing off racism; I'm not a lip-reader but it looked like ''fuckin Manc cunt'' from where I am sitting, but it certainly sent the chattering classes of Twitter into a left-wing hysteria, as if they aren't hysterical enough already with Brexit haha.

not only is football racist, it's also fundamentally sexist. men and women should be playing together, but they said no.

it's also discriminating agains fat people, since I only see athletic people on the playing field.

not to mention the scandalic lack of gay people in football. they are very much discriminated against.

and what with intelligent people? I only ever see people with the intelligence of an eggshell running behind a ball.

so maybe we should just abolish football at all; it's just too problematic. 

Edited by action
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I saw the clip and cannot discern whether he was mouthing off racism; I'm not a lip-reader but it looked like ''fuckin Manc cunt'' from where I am sitting, but it certainly sent the chattering classes of Twitter into a left-wing hysteria, as if they aren't hysterical enough already with Brexit haha.

How is it better to be discriminatory on the basis of where you come from (Manchester) than on the basis of what race you belong to? ;) It might seem flippant but there is a serious question in there, and not one I personally particularly feel like discussing.

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Smth like this 😂

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuck that shit :lol:

I have absolutely no problem with merging women and men football. The top teams would still just consist of male players. And if a woman, like Hegerberg, was able compete with the best men and ended up on, say, Arsenal's primary lineup, or whatever, then more power to her. Wouldn't make the game less exciting to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I have absolutely no problem with merging women and men football. The top teams would still just consist of male players. And if a woman, like Hegerberg, was able compete with the best men and ended up on, say, Arsenal's primary lineup, or whatever, then more power to her. Wouldn't make the game less exciting to me.

Fuck that shit.  It will ruin the game. 

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Fuck that shit.  It will ruin the game. 

Again, it wouldn't make any difference to the game because all the best teams, like the entire Premier League, would still predominantly consist of male players. Women would be inhabiting the lower leagues. It would definitely ruin women's interest in football, though, if they had to compete with men on equal terms. Much better for them to have their own league, as is today.

Just to put things in perspective: The Swedish national women's team in football lost a match against AIK's age-17 team. So if the men and women leagues were merged, women would barely be present at all in the top divisions, except, perhaps for the very best women, like Hegerberg. So it wouldn't make much of a difference to us following the top teams. But it would ruin women's interest in football, surely.

Edited by SoulMonster

28 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Really ?? Mate it's one of the most racist countries going Horrible cunts like the fuckin' NF in the 80's n that 

We fuckin' invented the concept for the modern age mate! :lol:  We have a proud history of racism, we don't fuckin' like anybody, including ourselves.  Fuckin' yankers sitting there surprised and shit, we gave you racism, where do you think your anti-black fervour came from, it was us, thats our lasting legacy in American culture (aside from the fact that American culture is just basically English culture adjusted for the wasteland of north America anyway).  Its just our racism, like everything in this proud land, is sort of...moderate.  Sensible.  We don't want em dead, we just want em to know their place :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

How is it better to be discriminatory on the basis of where you come from (Manchester) than on the basis of what race you belong to? ;) It might seem flippant but there is a serious question in there, and not one I personally particularly feel like discussing.

Regional piss pulling hasn't fallen foul of the pc-brigade yet I suppose? Yet! Give it time. 

It is a bit like how fat people are still fair game whereas ''blacks'' and other races, ''spastics'' (when I was growing up they were really fair game, we'd call everyone spakka) and ''woofters'' are all protected people. It is a heinous crime to offend the aforementioned yet you can freely call somebody a ''fat bastard'' or a ''lard arse'' and nobody bats an eyelid.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Regional piss pulling hasn't fallen foul of the pc-brigade yet I suppose? Yet! Give it time. 

It is a bit like how fat people are still fair game whereas ''blacks'' and other races, ''spastics'' (when I was growing up they were really fair game, we'd call everyone spakka) and ''woofters'' are all protected people. It is a heinous crime to offend the aforementioned yet you can freely call somebody a ''fat bastard'' or a ''lard arse'' and nobody bats an eyelid.

Yeah, I know. My question was more, why

EDIT: And your answer really made it seem like you consider opposition to racism just a result of "the pc-brigade" :lol:

Edited by SoulMonster

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, I know. My question was more, why

EDIT: And your answer really made it seem like you consider opposition to racism just a result of "the pc-brigade" :lol:

Opposition ain't really the issue, its just a fact of life, you can't go around trying to like...put peoples thoughts right, people are gonna be racist, you can't legislate your way out of it, if people are gonna change their minds about that shit its gotta be from the heart, not by making it taboo, that shit is just an invitation to do it more. 

As long as it don't exist institutionally, thats the main thing. 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Opposition ain't really the issue, its just a fact of life, you can't go around trying to like...put peoples thoughts right, people are gonna be racist, you can't legislate your way out of it, if people are gonna change their minds about that shit its gotta be from the heart, not by making it taboo, that shit is just an invitation to do it more. 

As long as it don't exist institutionally, thats the main thing. 

Making racism illegal and something we object to,which are forms of opposition, results in less racism in the public discourse, which is a good thing. Not just "pc". 

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Making racism illegal and something we object to,which are forms of opposition, results in less racism in the public discourse, which is a good thing. Not just "pc". 

Discourses in like...the public...thingie, you know what I mean...but you can't legislate the thoughts and feelings of 60,000 ordinary blokes packed into a stadium.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Discourses in like...the public...thingie, you know what I mean...but you can't legislate the thoughts and feelings of 60,000 ordinary blokes packed into a stadium.

No, of course not. But racism is more than morons yelling racial slur at stadium. Racism is people being left out in the job market, kids being bullied, people being lynched, it leads to atrocities as what happened in Rwanda and Nazi Germany. Being opposed to racism is more than being "pc". 

And I agree, you cannot legislate it out of the human condition, but through opposition you can reduce its effects.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, of course not. But racism is more than morons yelling racial slur at stadium. Racism is people being left out in the job market, kids being bullied, people being lynched, it leads to atrocities as what happened in Rwanda and Nazi Germany. Being opposed to racism is more than being "pc". 

And I agree, you cannot legislate it out of the human condition, but through opposition you can reduce its effects.

Definitely, thats the point I was making when I said it should be dealt with on an institutional level.  But in a person to person sense you can't, its a symptom of the human condition.

Cant speak to Englands legal system, but where I live it would be odd to legislate against racism, because the legal system itself is systemically racist.

Cop "We didn't investigate further because her community is known for alcoholism so we ruled it death by misadventure"

Judge: "Have this officer arrested for racism. No bail"

Reporter: "But you gave the white officer bail."

Other Cops: "Judge, you're under arrest for racism."

If you ask me, in a convoluted sense, its all about economics.  You fuck up economically, times get hard and people turn to the closest group of fuckers they can point the shitty stick at and everyone goes 'yeah yeah yeah, its them'.  But broadly speaking it'll always be there, we're really not as evolved a species as we think we are, when it comes on top we revert.

• Like 1