The Historic Marquee Shows & New Slash/Duff Interview from 87?

There's a new interview with Slash and Duff from 87 I believe where they talk about the Marquee Shows. I also compiled it with our interview with Paul Elliot who was the first british journalist to interview Guns N' Roses in 87 for Sounds Magazine. I also included our interview with their former publicist Arlett Vereecke who talked about the Marquee shows and how Axl wanted to piss on the desk of one of the writers who gave the band a negative review for their first Marquee show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Really enjoyable and informative, thanks man!

I regularly have walked past the site of the old Marquee in Wardour St to get a feel for what it would have been like.. now expensive loft apartments!

BTW, it was AC/DC's Whole Lotta ROSIE not "Love" as you mentioned towards the end! 

9 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Really enjoyable and informative, thanks man!

I regularly have walked past the site of the old Marquee in Wardour St to get a feel for what it would have been like.. now expensive loft apartments!

BTW, it was AC/DC's Whole Lotta ROSIE not "Love" as you mentioned towards the end! 

damn youre right i meant whole lotta rosie. 

• Thanks 1

I remember years ago reading an article in Classic Rock magazine that the 3rd Marquee Show was recorded on a video camcorder by friends of the band. It was going to be call  “Why aren’t you at Mass today” or “You should be at Mass today”... or something along those lines - because the 28th June 1987 was a Sunday! It was to include people in the crowd being interviewed as they waited in line on the street outside the Marquee to see the band live and then record the show inside on the video camcorder. But then after the show Geffen heard about the video and took the tape - never to be seen 🙈- but at least we got to hear the soundboard audio! 🙂

• Confused 1

the interview is "Musique Plus", from around the Verdun Auditorium, Montreal, Canada show that happened 1987-08-17

(just for the sake of completion, there's also another Musique Plus interview from 1993, it's also in 3 parts at Youtube)