Dj Ashba/bumblefoot Best Solos of Chinese Democracy Songs

6 hours ago, Towelie said:

You're right, they've both done horrible jobs on the solos. I think with Slash he just can't be bothered to sit down and come up with something concrete, so he just shreds it every night, probably because he doesn't particularly care for the song.

I hope that's not true, not because I like the song or anything. Personally I'd give him more credit than that, I think he honestly thinks it sounds good a f he's getting off playing it the way he is. I hate it, lots of people do... But when you're at the show and maybe you don't know the original, I'm sure it fills the space and looks cool😄 overall Slash brings a lot of good to the table when it comes to his feel but I just haven't enjoyed him on the majority of CD tracks, madagascar at being the exception.

11 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I hope that's not true, not because I like the song or anything. Personally I'd give him more credit than that, I think he honestly thinks it sounds good a f he's getting off playing it the way he is. I hate it, lots of people do... But when you're at the show and maybe you don't know the original, I'm sure it fills the space and looks cool😄 overall Slash brings a lot of good to the table when it comes to his feel but I just haven't enjoyed him on the majority of CD tracks, madagascar at being the exception.

He does a good job on Better imo.

33 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Madagascar is the biggest improvement of the lot, love Axls voice on the first verse.

TIL is quite a structured solo, random noodling doesn't work

I don't think DJ has any stand out anything. All the AFD/Lies/UYI stuff he played note for note, all the CD stuff he simplified and dumbed down, even Robin's pieces for whatever reason.

Ron killed it all the time, especially in 2009/2010 when his tone was fantastic and he was playing everything faithful as possible to the record except for Catcher, where he did a hybrid of his own recorded solo and the May demo. I miss Ron, he's literally the only guy in the band in the past 25 years that was open with and accessible to fans. A shame his run in the band came to an end with pain, strife, and no fan fare. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stro said:

I don't think DJ has any stand out anything. All the AFD/Lies/UYI stuff he played note for note, all the CD stuff he simplified and dumbed down, even Robin's pieces for whatever reason.

Ron killed it all the time, especially in 2009/2010 when his tone was fantastic and he was playing everything faithful as possible to the record except for Catcher, where he did a hybrid of his own recorded solo and the May demo. I miss Ron, he's literally the only guy in the band in the past 25 years that was open with and accessible to fans. A shame his run in the band came to an end with pain, strife, and no fan fare. 

Ron was a class act and greatly undervalued and under-appreciated by Axl/TB. 

Shame on them. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stro said:

Bumble was great to the fans and such a great player.

November Rain outro was always killer with him, shame he couldn't  get more input into writing with Axl, I think he could have come up with something cool

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...