William Gibson's Alien 3 Comic + Audiobook

Amir

I immediately like it more for not being the film Alien 3, and indeed giving me something to replace that with in my "head-canon".

I'm about an hour into listening to it, it's been great to hear Biehn and Henriksen back as their characters, there's been a lot of set-up and the context of this new story is intriguing, but shit hasn't really started to hit the fan yet (although there's a definite undercurrent indicating that something isn't right). I guess the real proof of the story will come after that. 

• 4 weeks later...

@Amir I'd give it a 7 out of 10, overall. Definitely waaaaaaay better than the film Alien 3, but not on the same level as Alien and Aliens, so still not exactly the third instalment the franchise deserves. They didn't give Newt and Ripley anything to do, they got safely jettisoned away from the action, but once shit did hit the fan there was a long and pretty exciting sequence where Bishop and Hicks began coordinating an effort to get through a research space station with Xenomorphs loose and a group of civilians to try and keep safe. That was when the story really came alive and the two lead actors shone in their roles. After that, the conclusion felt a wee bit rushed.

Not perfect, but I have a lot of affection for it for bringing back the feeling that feeling that I had watching Aliens for the first time, even for a little while. Thanks for the heads up, dude. Stay frosty. 

• Thanks 1