Chinese Democracy Vinyl Pressing Differences

Just now, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Correct. And your channel is pretty awesome mate!

Thanks :) I was confused by your reply at first, but I get that you were joking now lol

Also, I saw what you said about pricing and I agree. It's unbelievable to me that even the European pressings were cheap years ago and now they go for $100+

Part of the reason I did this video is so no one wastes money on a US pressing. IF you're gonna spend money on Chinese Democracy on vinyl, you gotta spend extra for the European one and just not bother IMO 

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Thanks :) I was confused by your reply at first, but I get that you were joking now lol

Also, I saw what you said about pricing and I agree. It's unbelievable to me that even the European pressings were cheap years ago and now they go for $100+

Part of the reason I did this video is so no one wastes money on a US pressing. IF you're gonna spend money on Chinese Democracy on vinyl, you gotta spend extra for the European one and just not bother IMO 

Actually American ones were 1 usd all the time for a while, Europeans were not that much presses I believe and always were around 10-20 GBP, I only bought the US pressings for completion purpose. 

You should also do Live Era bootleg vs Live Era US pressing too, that'd be very interesting :D

5 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Actually American ones were 1 usd all the time for a while, Europeans were not that much presses I believe and always were around 10-20 GBP, I only bought the US pressings for completion purpose. 

You should also do Live Era bootleg vs Live Era US pressing too, that'd be very interesting :D

I did do a video about an official live Era pressing, but I'm not buying the bootleg just to compare lol

• GNFNR 1

Russ,

Just want to say I'm a fan of your channel ! I found out about it here when you posted messages about the GNR related ones but have since watched more Non GNR related videos on your channel and enjoyed them a bunch even when it's not stuff I'm super into.

I saw the video where you showed the GNR Vegas reunion 2016 bootleg vinyl and was just wondering if or how many other GNR bootleg vinyls you have in the collection ? I've been collecting GNR boot vinyls since I was a teenager and would love to see your reviews of some of those if you have them in the collection. I'm not sure if there's much demand for that or whether you'd bother shooting a video for it either way but would still be interested to know if you've collected any others. Looking at how large your vinyl collection is, seems like you might have a few other GNR boots in there somewhere. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nobody said:

Russ,

Just want to say I'm a fan of your channel ! I found out about it here when you posted messages about the GNR related ones but have since watched more Non GNR related videos on your channel and enjoyed them a bunch even when it's not stuff I'm super into.

I saw the video where you showed the GNR Vegas reunion 2016 bootleg vinyl and was just wondering if or how many other GNR bootleg vinyls you have in the collection ? I've been collecting GNR boot vinyls since I was a teenager and would love to see your reviews of some of those if you have them in the collection. I'm not sure if there's much demand for that or whether you'd bother shooting a video for it either way but would still be interested to know if you've collected any others. Looking at how large your vinyl collection is, seems like you might have a few other GNR boots in there somewhere. 

I only have two boots on vinyl (I think). One is that Vegas 2016 show and the other is just a random Ritz bootleg. 

I'm really glad you're enjoying the channel :) I have a LOT of videos in the can and I release two every week.

I have a lot of topics lined up but eventually I'm going to do videos specific to artists that I have a big amount of records from. So GN'R will be included in those videos when I start doing them. 

I got the album at launch and went with the CD version because of all the reported pressing issues at the time. Glad I did too, as there is nothing more annoying than having to buy, return, buy, return, buy, return new vinyl records (I've done it way too often). Plus, unlike most CD's these days, Chinese was mastered with great dynamic range so there is really not much of a pay off going vinyl outside of just liking the way it sounds, or wanting to collect it (nothing wrong with either of those two things imo).

• Like 1