Netflix & HBO true crime Documentary thread

So i watched this last night

I vaguely remember memes of the guy but never knew the context of the clips I would see until now. Documentary really highlights how quickly and unwise the public can be when they put somebody up on a pedestal.

Anyone else seen this? or have suggestions on other true crime documentary's? 

I would suggest The Staircase and Savile A British Crime Story

Yea I saw that. Was pretty good. Smash, smash, semaaash

I also really liked these:

Sins of our mother, American murder, unsolved mysteries, I am a killer, killer nurse, Gladbeck, murder in the courtroom, worst roommate ever, the Aaron Hernandez story, when they see us, the kalief bowder story. 

Also the story about this couple that killed their young son, forgot the name of the docu. (Edit: the trials of Gabriel Fernandez)

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

40 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Yea I saw that. Was pretty good. Smash, smash, semaaash

I also really liked these:

Sins of our mother, American murder, unsolved mysteries, I am a killer, killer nurse, Gladbeck, murder in the courtroom, worst roommate ever, the Aaron Hernandez story, when they see us, the kalief bowder story. 

Also the story about this couple that killed their young son, forgot the name of the docu. (Edit: the trials of Gabriel Fernandez)

The Aaron Hernandez one I have seen a few years back, he had CTE if I remember right. 

I'll have a look at some of these other ones you mentioned. For some reason this genre is very addictive.

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

my favourite genre is true crime. We don't get HBO here (i don't think) but Netflix is great for the docs.

Mindhunter although a drama was excellent as it focused on true life killers

Yea I loved that one. Too bad they cancelled It. Catching killers was good too if I remember correctly. 

I hope Netflix will ever do a docu about the toolbox killers. That was one of the most fucked up things I've ever read. (There's a docu on YouTube about them)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I haven't watched Don't Fuck With Cats because I love cats but everybody says it's very good.

Making a Murderer was interesting

Great thread idea btw! @Shacklermyrye

Oh you have to that one is amazing, and thanks

8 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Same for me. Everyone says how good it is but I can't bring myself to watch it since I'm very sensitive when it comes to animals and animal torture 

It does lead you to hate the main person but its well worth a watch. Its more about how websleuths clubbed together to try and track the guy who did it

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I watched the Hatchet wielding Hitchhiker, what a strange one.

I'm on episode 5 of 6 of Wild,Wild Country. It's interesting.

I thought Wild Wild Country was great.

7 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I'm enjoying it but the whole cult thing baffles me, there seems to be a lot in the US, or there were, dunno if it's still an issue over there.

My ex was in one in Italy a few years back, but there do seem a lot in the states. Me and her were once going to work on a documentary about the one in Italy but didn't pan out. I'm trying to make one for youtube about the Yorkshire Ripper.

6 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

My ex was in one in Italy a few years back, but there do seem a lot in the states. Me and her were once going to work on a documentary about the one in Italy but didn't pan out. I'm trying to make one for youtube about the Yorkshire Ripper.

Is there anything left to say about him though?

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

Is there anything left to say about him though?

It's also about certain other people around at that time. Did some filming for it in leeds the other day. Its more of a chance for me to dust off the cobwebs when it comes to filming and editing tbf. I used to do urbex videos a few years ago, but i'm well out of practice and have far better gear now.

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

what's urbex?

Exploring abandoned buildings like churches, Hospitals ect and filming taking pictures. Some of this documentary will have to include some of that a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Mind Hunter was great can't believe Netflix cancelled it I'm so tired of those cunts.

It was the writers that stopped, it took years to write the first 2 seasons.

Also, Black Bird isn't on UK streaming, hoping it will be though