Ashlee Simpson blooper at SNL

Bruno

I just saw it in the news haha

Ashlee Simpson Caught Lip-Synching (She has no talent!)

Posted by: Admin on Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 01:18 PM

Entertainment News from Memphis & Beyond

Teen songbird Ashlee Simpson had a microphone malfunction on "Saturday Night Live" last night, scurrying off stage when a production glitch caught her lip-synching the wrong tune.

The pop star, younger sister of singer and TV star Jessica Simpson, sounded great belting out "Pieces of Me" in her first segment on the show. It was the same song that she butchered at August's MTV Music Video Awards, drawing withering reviews for a flat, out of key performance.

But the triumphant moment turned into a debacle when she came out to debut the song "Autobiography" for a second set. But whoever was responsible for piping in a studio-engineered rendition for Simpson to mouth screwed up, playing "Pieces" once again.

The raven-haired beauty hopped around briefly, then slinked off the stage as her hapless band half-heartedly faked away. It didn't take long for critics to vent their rage on Ashlee Simpson's official Web site.

"Finally, you're exposed for the fraud that you are," wrote an E-mail poster named drdrewby minutes after the embarrassing performance. "You have cheated your fans and people who actually thought that you had a lick of talent. You should quit the music business because you are now and always will be a complete and utter joke."

Said CowboyJeff99: "I knew she sounded like crap live, so I was 'wondering' what was going on when her voice sounded just like the radio edit."

When the cast of the live show came out to bid the audience good night, actor Jude Law tried to explain Simpson's slipup.

"What can I say folks, live TV," Law shrugged.

A still-humiliated Simpson apologized to her fans - and blamed her band for playing the wrong song.

Note: At least on American Idol, the contestants try to sing... perhaps William Hung should have been the guest musician this week.... He at least makes an effort.

:lol:

Ok, I'm make the call.

"Hello, is that Ashlee Simpson? Yes? Ok, well us here party monsters down at MyGNR were wondering if as consolation for you not being able to sing, could you come on over for a fuckfest on Tuesday morning, I'll be in my Jockeys at about 11, yeah why not bring sister too, why not?"

Ok, I'm make the call.

"Hello, is that Ashlee Simpson? Yes? Ok, well us here party monsters down at MyGNR were wondering if as consolation for you not being able to sing, could you come on over for a fuckfest on Tuesday morning, I'll be in my Jockeys at about 11, yeah why not bring sister too, why not?"

Ask her if she's ever french kissed a bunny rabbit between the ears. *turns two front pant pockets inside out*

Ok, I'm make the call.

Ask her if she's ever french kissed a bunny rabbit between the ears. *turns two front pant pockets inside out*

Oh my god! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ok, I'm make the call.

:lol: Fuckin' classic Indy! Fuckin' classic! Just when I thought you'd lost your sense of humor with that stupid fake Axl news article you redeem yourself! :P:D