Engineering a Reunion

little_witch

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can shove that sarcasm, i am quoting slash here, not giving my opinion. im telling you what slash himself said.

Hey One_Weak, chill a bit. I was just giving my view on Slash's comments.  .. Did you have a rough night last night?  :)

I don't really blame Slash entirely, nor do I blame Axl.

I just wonder what would have happened if Slash had stayed with the band while Axl was trying to convert it to the new 'sound' he was trying to achive.  They are both excellent musicians, and may not be able to quite make it on their own, (I'll love Axls new album no matter what, but I don't see it gaining the momentom Appitite did) but they sure were awesome together. what a shame huh?

I don't blame Axl at all.  Yes, he has an ego.  He's incredibly talented and he's entitled.  He's perfectly capable of making it on his own.  And if this "doesn't have the momentum of Appetite" that isn't about him.  It's about the unbelieveably poor judgement of the record buying public.  Axl without Slash is still Axl and he's still brilliant.  But if anyone mourns the end of the Axl/Slash team they can quit blaming Axl and his ego and lay it at Slash's feet where it belongs.  It wasn't Axl that turned his back and walked away.  If he's not interested in reconcilling now after all of their dismal failures and after he's rebuilt GNR I can more than understand that.  

Slash already said he would welcome a reunion.....screw that, Axl wont take him back....who really gives a sh1t if Axl's has an ego or not.....DROP SLASH!!!!  Axl's got a kick A*s bunch of guys now...FINAL!!!

I haven't posted for a while so I thought I'd give my opinion on this topic. I think the break-up of GN'R was an inevitable concequence of getting together a bunch of guys like that. They were all very strong willed and wanted their own things and when Axl wanted to move the band in a new direction, THEY deserted HIM. I don't think Axl should have a reunion with the others just because they thought they could go onto better things with out him and they screwed up. He's re-built GN'R with very good musicians who want to play with him, and I'd rather have that any day than a bunch of people who only want to play to cash-in on the Guns name again. But that's just my opinion...

What the hell?? Slash don't have to apologize for nothing. This new band is not truly GnR. Appetite for Destruction was what put GnR on the map. You people are giving this new band so much props but so far they are not even playing there own music. Sweet Child O Mine has the most memorable guitar licks and who wrote it. "Slash!!" As far as i am concerned, Buckethead, Finck, Brain, Stinson, is just the all star band that is playing for Axl's solo project. Make no mistake, Axl is the best frontman ever but he is the biggest dickhead.

It's GNR.  GNR is whatever Axl says it is.  AFD was great.  Either UYI is better. Axl may be a d*ckhead but that's probably a product of having to babysit a bunch of whining little brats who were always too f*cked up to take care of business.  He may be a control freak but the rest of them forced him to take over while they indulged their appetites for destruction.  But I do have to say that I hope Slash never has the sense to beg Axl's forgiveness.  Axl's better off without him.

How can you say that Axl is better off without them when you have not heard any of Axl's material yet?? Oh My God was a big flop. Besides the new songs that were performed live. And out of the new songs there is only one song that is good. Plain and simple. Axl would not be where he is if it were not for Slash. You are putting Axl on a big pedistal and having a closed mind towards the big picture.

What's plain and simple is that you're wrong.  I rather liked Oh My God.  And The Blues, Madagascar, and Chinese Democracy are excellent material.   I also prefer the new bands version of KOHD.  Silkworms wasn't as bad as everyone says it was and I'll reserve judgement on it until I hear a studio version of it. It's about time Axl could concentrate on making amazing music instead of herding the adolescent drunks from one gig to another. He's never let me down before and I'm sure he won't this time.

little_witch....tell me something...

Who is this new moron that says 'Oh My God' was a flop (not really buddy...End of Days soundtrack went platinum, probably because of most of the Gunners that bought it, plus he didn't even make a video or promote it so much...so that's pretty damn good for a mostly unpromoted song) and said that there is only one new song that is good?  Wow...never heard so much bulls-it before in my life.  This guy obviously doesn't know music when he hears it.  All the new material kicks ass.  Another Slash freak jackass

;D  I miss you when I'm gone, as well as axlrosegnr and madison and all the other people who aren't speaking out of their @$$es  ;D