Engineering a Reunion

little_witch

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now that it's calm down think about this...for a long time this place was dead.  Maybe 20 posts in 2 weeks.  There were 130 replies to this in 1 week.  And people are talking again.  There was a reason why I started that war. And I fed the fire every chance I got.

And it isn't as if I'm not a huge Axl fan.  I am.  I have no doubt that this new album will be well worth the wait.  He definitely made GNR for me.  But I also realize that people were attracted to them for different reasons which is only right because people are different.  And thank God(dess) for that because life would be boring to the point of tears if we weren't.  And in all honesty I don't totally blame Slash any more than anyone else for the breakup.  It WAS inevitable and everyone had a hand in it.  And Slash is an amazing guitarist.  The solos in SCOM and Civil War are incredible.  I do fast forward through Matt's solos.  Nothing bores me more than drum solos and there's something about Matt that makes me cringe anyway. (Don't ask me to explain that. I can't)  But I don't fast forward through the Slash solos.

So there's my confession for what it's worth.  I'm a GNR fan.  And a Slash fan.  Still Axl will always at the top of my list.

We both know that I don't need to tell you that I'm a big fan of Axl's attitude, one_weak.  Been there.  Done that.  (Rule #3 - It's all about attitude.  Doesn't matter if you're only 5'6". That's what the rest of the band and the road crew are for.  ;)   And don't jump my sh*t people.  That was strictly for one_weak & Gcam. )  

Gcam, dude, 5'6"?  I'm 6'0" at age 14, lol

And to answer your question badZan, I think if any old song would be remixed, it would definitely by KOHD

Actually I have no idea how tall Gcam is.  It was just a reference to my rules for rock stars.  But that's another story.  ;)

I doubt any of the old songs will be redone on the cd but if any is I hope it is KOHD.  The new version was great.

I have not heard the new KOHD, who thinks it's better than the orginal? Is it mostly lyrics that are different, or is it guitar parts as well?

and it is a cover song for what band? I know this, but can't remember for the life of me.