Engineering a Reunion

little_witch

and it is a cover song for what band? I know this, but can't remember for the life of me.

Bob Dylan has the original... I havent heard it either but GnR never covers without improving the songs (for our taste :) ),  Bob Dyland song is probaly much calmer, more like folk-rock or something :)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I read a Slash interview in Classic Rock magazine not too long ago. He was saying that Axl always had this idea about having 2 lead guitarist. Slash was saying how he was opposed to that idea because it would be hard for both lead guitarist to see eye to eye and be on the same page. And about the new band, rumor has it that Finck and Buckethead can't stand each other off the stage.

Ok u wanted ta fuel the fire????we'll make it!!!!

Tell us hoenstly [glow=red,2,300]LITTLE WITCH[/glow] how many times a day ure prey your god -AXL?? ??C'mon, wat a shame!!!!!Ure responsible for other person's life (meaning your son) and still think and act like that [glow=red,2,300]14yrs old misfit shitbrainzzzz Mark[/glow]!!!!!

And to all those saying that Slash,Izzy,Duff,Steve,Matt &Gilby ARE NOT GN'R I say this: U dont like these ppl??U say they re not GN'R?? Fine.Go throw ALL GN'R's albums away.( GUess who I ment here?? ;D .....and .....the winner izz.......right ----axlrosegnr. Fuckin' Fucker)

And that was SOOOO CHEAP

[glow=red,2,300]Well now that it's calm down think about this...for a long time this place was dead.  Maybe 20 posts in 2 weeks.  There were 130 replies to this in 1 week.  And people are talking again.  There was a reason why I started that war. And I fed the fire every chance I got.

And it isn't as if I'm not a huge Axl fan.  I am.  I have no doubt that this new album will be well worth the wait.  He definitely made GNR for me.  But I also realize that people were attracted to them for different reasons which is only right because people are different.  And thank God(dess) for that because life would be boring to the point of tears if we weren't.  And in all honesty I don't totally blame Slash any more than anyone else for the breakup.  It WAS inevitable and everyone had a hand in it.  And Slash is an amazing guitarist.  The solos in SCOM and Civil War are incredible.  I do fast forward through Matt's solos.  Nothing bores me more than drum solos and there's something about Matt that makes me cringe anyway. (Don't ask me to explain that. I can't)  But I don't fast forward through the Slash solos.  

So there's my confession for what it's worth.  I'm a GNR fan.  And a Slash fan.  Still Axl will always at the top of my list. [/glow]

SOOOOO CHEAP ........oh my!!!!!!

Boy Im so glad that there still are some sober ppl here --Jennie&One-weak  

Okay Im over.....hehe....[glow=red,2,300]BTW , RIR3 version of KOHD is VERY MUCH like the original....xcept for the solos of course......[/glow]

P.S. Axlsmum, dont be angry.......I kno ure higher than all this cheap talks........ ;)

GN'R Forever(as one of my friends said----[glow=red,2,300]nothing better than the original[/glow]s......she knows who Im talkin about)

The Farmer

Speaking of cheap...

The fire I was fueling was a discussion of GNR.  It didn't involve personal attacks on the others in this forum which would be inappropriate.  And at this point I'll just bite my tongue.

I repeat that I firmly suggest that you leave my son out of this.  He has NOTHING to do with this discussion.  And don't doubt for a minute that when I pray it isn't to any man.

You haven't been around for a little while, feel better now that it's off your chest?

Angry - no, higher than anyone here - certainly not.  I too can have cheap shots when I get on in a foul mood.  Lucky for you I'm in a good one today!

Nice to see you Farmer, I'll leave you to argue with everyone and defend yourself with all the retorts.

Ok u wanted ta fuel the fire????we'll make it!!!!

Tell us hoenstly [glow=red,2,300]LITTLE WITCH[/glow] how many times a day ure prey your god -AXL?? ??

... SOOOOO CHEAP ........oh my!!!!!!

Boy Im so glad that there still are some sober ppl here --Jennie&One-weak  

The Farmer

First, you should be commending and thanking Little Witch for starting this thread because it helped to breathe new life into a forum that had been dead for many weeks.  

And after nine pages of debate, she explained her motives for the thread and came clean on her true views -- that she's both an Axl fan AND a Slash fan. What's wrong with that?

Yet, you seem to resent this honesty. Why?

..Ure responsible for other person's life (meaning your son) and still think and act like that [glow=red,2,300]14yrs old misfit shitbrainzzzz Mark[/glow]!!!!!

The Farmer

You can always tell when people become desperate -- they start attacking others in order to be heard.

This reference to LW's son has got to be a new low (*shakes head*).

Oh, and btw, Mark may only be 14, but I happen to think that he has expressed some views and opinions on this forum that are far beyond his age.  

Farmer, I've found that people who resort to bashing others (as you have) in order to be heard usually aren't worth listening to.

.. BTW , RIR3 version of KOHD is VERY MUCH like the original....xcept for the solos of course......[/glow]

The Farmer

You're kidding right? Or you must mean that it's similar to Bob Dylan's original version because it's nothing like the UYI version. It's slower, mellower -- totally different tone, attitude and inflection.

You can always tell when people become desperate -- they start attacking others in order to be heard.

This reference to LW's son has got to be a new low (*shakes head*).

Oh, and btw, Mark may only be 14, but I happen to think that he has expressed some views and opinions on this forum that are far beyond his age.  

right madison, there's no point in attacking other people who aren't here in this forum. It's as they can't find any other ammunition to throw at her. And I wouldn't let it bother me, because nobody here will ever lay eyes on my son-ever. So yeah they are cheap shots. I agree on the comment about Mark. I was very surprised to hear he was only 14.

da_illest_in_402, out of curiosity, how old are you?

You're definitely right there.  Mark is no diplomat but he is very intelligent.

You're kidding right? Or you must mean that it's similar to Bob Dylan's original version because it's nothing like the UYI version. It's slower, mellower -- totally different tone, attitude and inflection.

Less anger  More melancholy

Here is another reason why i don't think Axl should name this band Guns N Roses.

I know that alot of you guys are anticipating this new album. But my perspective goes beyond the new album. Now, what about after this Chinese Democracy thing is out of the spotlight, then what?? Do you really think that this group is gonna stick together?? I don't. All of them come from different bands and have different roots. Think about that and tell me what you think.

Here is another reason why i don't think Axl should name this band Guns N Roses.

I know that alot of you guys are anticipating this new album. But my perspective goes beyond the new album. Now, what about after this Chinese Democracy thing is out of the spotlight, then what?? Do you really think that this group is gonna stick together?? I don't. All of them come from different bands and have different roots. Think about that and tell me what you think.

I think it depends on how well the album does. If it sells then I think they would tour and work on another album. If it dosen't, then it's my opinion that Axl will fire some members and try again.

Well i bet on reunion after this album ;)

If the new album does fail -- and I don't think it will -- but if by some chance the record-buying public is deaf and can't appreciate Axl's enormous talent -- then I think you could be right.  

I think this would likely be the only chance we would ever have of seeing the old band members reunite - 'tho it would probably take a few years before it actually happened.

So, Da_Illest_in_402, you make a good point.  (Yikes -- did I really say that?!! )  Yep, we actually agree.  ;)

Well, if it does happen I have no doubt it'll take a while.  But I tend to agree with badZan here. I think everyone seriously underestimates just how stubborn Axl is.  I think he'd rather let it all go than do anything that might give the impression that he thought he'd been wrong.