Engineering a Reunion

little_witch

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to  the  DA_ILEST_IN_402.  dude  i nkow you like  the old   GNR we  all do,  but i can not   be a slash fan  no more. the guy wes  jamin with michael jackson  and with so many  other  bands  members.  and i thing that's  wher AXL  got  pisst of .

This discussion also seperated true Gnr Fans from just Axl fans.  

You say this as if these 2 things are mutually exclusive.  They aren't.

Some of you have kids and should BE THE ROLE MODEL but Axl f*cking Rose is yours.

This is clearly directed toward me since I'm the only one you know has kids.  I wish I were his role model.  Unfortunately his father is... yet another drunk. But I'd firmly suggest you leave my kid out of this.  And Axl isn't my role model but if he were he'd make a significantly better role model today than the one you had all that respect for back in the late 80s when he couldn't keep a grip on this temper and was f*cked up all the time.  He controls himself much better these days which is pretty clear from that RIR3 vid.

And as for:

They do seem to take things awfully literally, don't they?

But at least the vultures have stopped circling. ;)

that remark wasn't directed at you.  That was made to Gcam and he knows exactly what I meant.

Reunion, we are not going to know if it's going to happen until it actually happens.  I have always said it may do later down the track when they are all older and need to top up their bank accounts, as did the stones and many others.  For it to happen now, I'm afraid too much water under the bridge still but that's just my speculation.

Re: the continuous 'old gnr fan' vs 'new gnr fan' - f.uck, we could rehash this until dooms day and the discussion will never change, insults will be flung around like golf balls as people do not know how to respect other peoples opinions.

And really, regardless of the people claiming to be true to the old only, I would guarantee they will be one of the first in the music store when the new album comes out.  Maybe with the idea simply to get on here and trash it but that one act will still be supporting the new.

ive got to agree that you are all acting like a bunch of Axl worshippers. little_witch, ive spoken to you on MSN about  this, but Mark, i really dont like your attitude...

One_weak, you got a problem, talk to me @$$hole

There you go.........."Axl is Gnr"..."Axl is God" .. ever been to a gnr show?? If you did. I bet you probably sucked his d*** too.  :-X huh??
If you closed minded motherf*ckers would wipe Axl's cum outta your eyes and look at the real picture. ...
. So quick to grab your tits, or d*cks when you hear the name Axl.

.... then you need to wake up and open your f*cking minds and get Axl's d*ck outta your mouths. :-!

...But that even includes people that are on his d*ck. ..

Just wondering ... does anyone else see a pattern here or is it just me?

Hmmm, looks to me like you're the one with the fixation - make that obsession - with Axl -- or at least a certain part of his anatomy.

These axl fans seem to be also FOLLOWERS. These people probably are the type of people that don't appreciate the musical aspect of GnR. They only like the lyrics. They probably fast forward past Matt Sorum drum solos and Slash's solo and Godfather theme when watching a 91-92 bootlegs.

Many of us recognize, appreciate and identify with the message, spirit, attitude and sheer genius of the lyrics. Mind you, this takes thought, emotion and intelligence.

Guess you just fast-forward past the lyrics to the guitar solos huh?

..But there are still some people in here that have to be in their 20's, 30's, or maybe 40's that idolize Axl as a role model still. Gimme a break!! And Get a life!!! I look up to one GnR member and that is Slash. Not his lifestyle cuz i don't know his lifestyle like some of you people think you knowAxl's, but as a musician. !!!!

And your admiration and respect for Slash's guitar skills is different from other people's admiration for Axl's voice and lyrical skills because ...?

First: I didn't want to read all 111 messages. So forgive me if this was already said.

I believe that what happened well...happened. So if there was to truly be a reunion concert everyone would have to put the past behind them.  

Also the major problem would be Axl.  He is currently working on a CD and would have to put that aside. Everyone made a few CD's, but failed at getting popular.  So they might think "Hey, I can get together with my old buddies, have a couple beers, and play at sold out stadiums.  Though I don't think they could sell out a stadium any more.  

My 2 cents.

PS- I see a lot of anger going around. WHY?? We are all GnR fans, why insult one another?? Also I don't think it matters anymore why or how the GnR broke up. What happened...happened theres no point on dwelling on something that can't be changed.  Even if you proved it was Axl, or Slash that broke up the band it still wouldn't stop me from enjoying Axl singing and guitar solo's by slash, or from buying the new Guns N' Roses CD.

That is because i play guitar madison. By the way, i am sitting here watching the Spurs vs. Lakers game and they are playing the GnR version of Live and Let Die. But anyways. I agree with you Spaz but when i first entered this forum, i was reading what some people were saying it was Slash and putting Axl on some pedistal like he is a god saying that AXL IS GNR and not giving any kinda respect to the rest of the band. If it wasn't for the signature guitar licks, Appetite for Destruction would not even exist. It's all good to be an axl fan and all but you gotta think about who built axl. They built each other. The original Guns N Roses and all of their past achievements are too set in stone as being legends to replace the whole line up and give them the name Guns n roses.

Well, I play drums and I don`t fastforward to any drumsolo`s.. :) I love reading lyrics and seeing connections with Axl`s life and wondering how a man with no school can express and relate so good to his own life, I also love Axl`s songwriting and songforming and ofcourse, his singing.. This doesnt mean I don`t love the bluesy rock solo`s to Slash or the firm way Matt plays his drums..

But I definintly liked Axl`s contributions to the band the most.. Yes this makes me a Axl fan but ofcourse you are a GnR fan aswell, what other way could we possibly love Axl in as he hasnt released anything new with the new band..? :)

Many of us recognize, appreciate and identify with the message, spirit, attitude and sheer genius of the lyrics. Mind you, this takes thought, emotion and intelligence.

Guess you just fast-forward past the lyrics to the guitar solos huh?

Point to Madison!  ;)

What this really all comes back to is the name thing as always.  Frankly I don't care what Axl calls the band.  GNR, the Axl Rose Project, Dog Sh*t on a Daisy.  Doesn't matter to me.  That's not what I'm there for.  I'm there for a voice that can give you chills and some of the deepest lyrics ever written.

That is so true. I don't care what the band is called either. I care about the voice blasting out of my stereo speakers.

LW, in reference to an eariler post, I also have children. But I think we are the only ones, as well as the oldest. ;)

Hey fuck face, I think if you'd care to read the post carefully enough (if that's possible for an illiterate fucker like yourself) You'll see I wrote "Take THE piss" not "Take A piss" so go fuck off back to school and learn to read. Di*khead.

I don't know. I think it's pretty much a good group.  We generally show respect for one another even when we disagree but there are some very notable exceptions. And even then it uusually has more to do with misunderstandings than anything else. Written words don't adequate expression what people mean.  Sarcasm for example is often lost in the translation.