Engineering a Reunion

little_witch

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true that Axl is strong-willed and, yes,  even stubborn. But don't forget, he's also a perfectionist and doesn't like failure.  

So if by some remote chance -- and  I mean really an extraordinarily UNlikely scenario -- the album fails,  I don't think Axl would want to end his musical career on that kind of note. I think he'd want exit after being on top -- and at that point, the only way for that happen would be for the old members to regroup.

as you say, he's perfecsionist.... so i don't think he's going to low him self by asking the other to come back to GNR. a lot of people gonna start discredit him by saying he's nothing without the other.

if the old member ask to him to come back, that could become another st0ry

yeah i don't see him asking them back either, but maybe leaving an open invitation to ask him. i think that if the albums fails, then reunion is almost a definate. (in my book anyway)

even if it was just a concert or two, Axl wouldn't leave the music business with a album that flopped. He could consider rebuilding the band (again), but I think he knows it would be too late, and the easiest way to do it would be the old members.

what  do you guys   thing  the first  video  should  be on chinese democracy? i would  like  to se  MADAGASCAR,  that song  is going to  be  big  when  MTV  plays it. this new  kids  that like  alternative  music they going to se a  real  rock   band  that  is GUNS N ROSES  BABY

I am not gonna say they suck. At least not yet. I don't believe this band should be called Guns N Roses when they are not. Some people in this room don't think the name of the band even matters. Well it does. When I got here, i read alot of people saying fuck slash, fuck the rest of the band Axl does not need them. That to me was wrong. The band made Axl who he is. This new band has not proved nothing to me. They played only one good song. And that is Madagascar. But if that song came out today, I don't think that is much better than any of the music that is out now.

This might make people hate me again. ;)

When this new album comes out, I am boycotting it. If it is named Guns N Roses, they are not getting a dime of mine. I am not gonna support that band. Now if they are on tour and come to my city, then if I have to, i will buy a ticket. Watch me get kicked out just like that guy in RIR3. It will be worth it to me!!!!  

Well that's why I'm glad you're back.  Nothing was boring when you were around.  And you know where I'll come down on this but I know you won't take it personally and that it'll be a discussion about GNR and not denegerate into name calling.

Well I couldn't care less what it's called.  I just think you're wasting your time worrying about it cause Axl's gonna call the band what he wants to call it and nothing any of us say is gonna change it. But, hey, it's your time to waste.

I agree, Axl is the worlds best singer and songwriter, but he can't do it without the magic of the worlds best musicians.

And he is also the master of composing the songs, make the instruments fit in rigth where they are supposed to be :)

And now he has used years to compose a band that fits wonderful together, with the best musicians in the world that fits into this style of music..

I think this new line-up will just add new styles of music to the GnR sound, about everyone in this band can write and I am particulary looking forward to Stinsons contribution on the writing side..

And you know that "this band played the shit out of these songs" :)

First of all you can take the: Why does Izzy and Slash`s album sound like do then? Its good music but it got nothing to do with GnR..

Who was the dictator maniac at the Use Your Illusion sessions?

And also  Axl was the one interrested in different instruments, Slash wanted pure rock as he got it in the the "skin n`bones" tour, where there where nothing but good old rock instruments exept for the piano..

And November Rain and Estranged.. :)

For the most part I don't care about the name of the band, but.... if I had to pick, I'd say he should have chosen another name.  Reason being, I can't think of any other band whose lead singer was the only remaining original member and rebuilt the band and were still successful with a new line-up. Correct me if I am wrong.

But it is Axl we're talking about, if anyone can do it, he can, and if it happens, I'll eat my words.

you should not give credit to the new band for playing the old bands songs. Anybody can go to the music store and buy tableture books or music sheets on GnR. Like i said, the new band has not proven anything yet. Personally, i don't think that they are good performers. I don't even think that they will even be successful. One of the recent Vegas shows did not even sell out. And that is just a small venue.

Personally, i don't think that they are good performers. I don't even think that they will even be successful. One of the recent Vegas shows did not even sell out. And that is just a small venue.

Well if sell out shows make you a good performer the Back Street Boys and Britney Spears must be f*cking amazing!

There wasn't a helluva lot of notice about those shows and after the cancellations people seemed to be a bit unsure which is understandable.  

Last year, in May, GNR had to perform in Italy (at the Jammin' Festival in Imola): I obviously  bought tickets but 2 weeks before the show they cancelled all their European tour because of Internal bleeding of Buckethead (now I hate him!!). I think it's normal I'm a little bit unsure of future shows and... future tickets!!

BTW, it's only a name!! Is it so meaningful for you? Explain me a thing Da_illest: if they change their name in...I don't know.... "Bullets N Roses" you will change your mind and you won't boicot the new album???? It sounds so hypocritical...

I agree. Even if I lived right next door to the venue, I might question going if I had purchased tickets to the UK tour when they cancelled.

Don't misunderstand me.  I'm just saying that many others were Gun shy ( :D sorry) but if I'd had the money I would have taken the chance in a heartbeat.

BTW, it's only a name!! Is it so meaningful for you? Explain me a thing Da_illest: if they change their name in...I don't know.... "Bullets N Roses" you will change your mind and you won't boicot the new album? It sounds so hypocritical...

Couldn´t agree more Docmagoo!