Engineering a Reunion

little_witch

And you know Axl sooooo well don't you?? Do you give him headshots too?? You probably was the stalker that got caught a year ago or so. I hope the reason why you think Bon Jovi sucks is because you don't like the music and not because Axl once expressed his dislike for Bon Jovi in a concert rant. Well you have a nice night.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how was slash gonna ruin the show? He said that he was gonna stand in the back of the venue. he was gonna show up late, and leave early. I am sure he was not gonna try to start any drama.  

Surely you can't possibly be that naive.  I mean, you don't really believe that Slash showed up in Vegas just to wish Axl well, do you?  Let's face it, there's no way Slash could have just casually slipped into the crowd and blended in with everybody at that small venue without getting noticed and without the entire room chanting for him to get up onstage. And this would have totally disrupted the show and killed the chances of GNR fans ever accepting the new lineup.  And Slash knew it.

And when that didn't work, did Slash just quietly go home? No. He whined endlessly to the press about how terrible it was that Axl turned him away, and how he would have been ''willing'' to jam onstage with Axl if Axl had just let him.

.. And what do you mean Axl herded drunk adolecents from one gig to another. What Axl never showed up to shows drunk? Getting drunk and having that reckless life attitude is what rock n roll is all about...  

It's true that they were all into the drug scene at one point, but Axl grew up faster. If you remember back around 1990 or so (before the UYI albums came out), Axl went on stage and threatened to quit if some of the band members didn't stop giving in to  ''Mr. Brownstone.'' In an interview later, he explained that some of them had become too wasted on heroin and he didn't want to continue if they didn't clean up abit.  

I am not a Slash freak. I am a GnR freak. That means Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Adler. All I am asking is that Axl not use the GnR name, then there would be no arguments. I think that you people need to let go and quit swinging from Axl's nut hairs and "GET IN THE GAME."

Hey ''GNR fan''? Don't you mean 'Get in the Ring'? Forget the lyrics?  

.. I think the break-up of GN'R was an inevitable concequence of getting together a bunch of guys like that. They were all very strong willed and wanted their own things and when Axl wanted to move the band in a new direction, THEY deserted HIM. I don't think Axl should have a reunion with the others just because they thought they could go onto better things with out him and they screwed up. He's re-built GN'R with very good musicians who want to play with him, and I'd rather have that any day than a bunch of people who only want to play to cash-in on the Guns name again. But that's just my opinion...

Well said Gcam. I couldn't agree more. :)

How can you say that Axl is better off without them when you have not heard any of Axl's material yet?? ...

This is true,  But, by the same token, how can you dismiss the new band when you haven't heard the new album?

ok madison,

i will try to reply to all of your quotes. Ok about slash being at the vegas show. if you read what i said about it, you should understand. That as a GnR fan, it would be interesting to see what would happen if Axl and Slash were in the same room. Even if chaos would break out, it would help Gnr cause it would draw fans. Controversy sells. And Slash cannot help but to explain what happened to the press cause you have to understand, after a situation like this, naturally the media is gonna hound slash. Second, I didn't say anything about heroin. Witch was talking about geting drunk. Third, when I say get in the game, I mean something like get you head out of the clouds or be logical. Unlike SOME people in this forum, I am original and i use my own words. I don't quote someone elses lyrics. And on the last one, I am not dissing the new material that is yet to come out. I am opposed to the fact that the new band will be called Guns N Roses when really it is just Axl's solo project. Regardless wether the new album will be good or bad, it will ruin the Guns N Roses legacy.

BTW

How do you take what someone else typed and put it in that box like you did mine???

.. as a GnR fan, it would be interesting to see what would happen if Axl and Slash were in the same room. Even if chaos would break out, it would help Gnr cause it would draw fans. Controversy sells...

Do you really believe that diehard GNR fans, who have been waiting years for Axl to grace a stage,  spent hundreds or even thousands of dollars to fly to Vegas from different parts of the world -- just so that they could watch a brawl or riot break out?   ::)  Gimme a break! Fans went there to see Axl and the new lineup sing again. GNR doesn't need controversy or chaos to draw fans -- the music stands on its own. (That's why GNR still sells more than 5,000 albums a week, according to industry stats).

And Slash cannot help but to explain what happened to the press cause you have to understand, after a situation like this, naturally the media is gonna hound slash.

Honey, the press wouldn't have even known about it if Slash hadn't started whining to anyone who would listen about it. It's not like he was standing outside the venue waiting to get in and people saw him. All of this happened through telephone calls at the hotel.

(And ..  regarding your quotes question,  just use the ''quote'' button at the top of the post that you want to quote.  :) )

ok. if Axl would of stopped the show because slash was in there. I don't think the fans would have the mind to act up at that point. i think they would just be more interested in what was going on. Ok and tell me how was slash suppose to act to not make himself come across as whining. The media has there way of finding out things. Slash did not have to initiate any of it.

And you know Axl sooooo well don't you?? Do you give him headshots too?? You probably was the stalker that got caught a year ago or so. I hope the reason why you think Bon Jovi sucks is because you don't like the music and not because Axl once expressed his dislike for Bon Jovi in a concert rant. Well you have a nice night.

Madison, was it you who told me the other day that you can always tell that someone's getting desperate when they play the groupie card? ;)

I know you are not talking about me being desperate. I just think it is funny how some of you people act like you know Axl personally and how you think you can relate to him. YOU HAVE NO LIFE. Desperate??? Then why are you trying to get someone else involved. This whole argument you have not made one good point.

i have came up with this conclusion about all you simple minded f*ckheads that seem to support Mr. AXl ROSE and don't even know what he is going to do. And also the real lonely, lowlife, sorry a$$ people that think that they can relate to a f*cking rock star named Axl. GET A LIFE BY THE WAY.  

You are not Guns N Roses fans.

You are an Axl Rose fan. Better yet worshipers. So quick to grab your tits, or d*cks when you hear the name Axl.

If you think that Axl, all by himself made GnR one of the best hard rock bands ever, then you need to wake up and open your f*cking minds and get Axl's d*ck outta your mouths. :-X Or maybe you just havent been around that long. Slash will go down in history as one of the best guitar players ever. what am i saying?? He is already named one of the best of all time. Just because he appears on different shows does not mean he is riding the GnR name. When Axl bought the GnR name, he bought it when GnR was still together. So you go figure... F*cking simple, closed minded AXL FANS!!

I cant believe this is all still going on!

All these ppl are guns n roses fans, but now that gnr is just axl they are "axl fans"...

When Axl bought the GnR name, he bought it when GnR was still together. So you go figure... F*cking simple, closed minded AXL FANS!!

Exactly then members left the band, its still there the name shouldnt really change.

I can see what ur saying though... but thats how its turned out...

Time to get over it and praise that there is still a Guns N Roses out there!!! (ThanX To AxL)

ive got to agree that you are all acting like a bunch of Axl worshippers. little_witch, ive spoken to you on MSN about  this, but Mark, i really dont like your attitude...

Who is this new moron
This guy obviously doesn't know music when he hears it.  All the new material kicks ass.
speaking out of their @$$es

this is all a matter of opinon, you state it as if it is fact... i guess since your 14, your mind is still maturing... i just wish you would remember that music is about fun, for the musician and listener. Slash just wants to jam. he's a pure musician. axl has that musician-ship but mixed with an ego. you people are fools for treating him like a god.

How do you take what someone else typed and put it in that box like you did mine???

i have no idea how to do that  ;)

hehe, you click the button that says "Quote" in the top right of a persons post. you then add your own text beneath the text in the box that appears.

So quick to grab your tits, or d*cks when you hear the name Axl.

... you need to wake up and open your f*cking minds and get Axl's d*ck outta your mouths.  

You seem quite obsessed with this d*ck thing.   :D

No I don't know Axl but oddly enough lyrics are words and they reflect the writer even when the writer doesn't know it.  And yes I am an Axl Rose fan.  I've never denied that.  I have enormous respect for the mind that writes those lyrics and the voice that sings those songs.

"your only validation is just LIVING YOUR OWN LIFE. Viscarious existence is a FUCKING WASTE OF TIME."

About time someone got to this one.  I would have played this card a long time ago.  But I do have my own life and there's nothing vicarious about.  (Some days I wish there were but there's no need to go into that here.) Suffice it to say that those lyrics have been very useful at times.

I  Then why are you trying to get someone else involved.  

Trust me when I say I didn't need to try to get someone else involved.  That was inevitable and the point of a forum.  If this argument was between you and I we would have been having it elsewhere.

And finally,

i guess since your 14, your mind is still maturing  

Cheap shot one_weak.  And you're too mature for that.

Desperate??? Then why are you trying to get someone else involved.  

Uh. The last time I looked, this was public forum. Did you really think that you could make such unsubstantiated, illogical statements and not be challenged?

This whole argument you have not made one good point.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your posts.

Nice to see that there are people with sense out there. How are Yall doing?? Axl said in RIR3 that on the internet, there are people that think they know what is going on but have no idea. But that even includes people that are on his d*ck. And those people are in this forum. I am an original GnR fan (not an Axl fan) hoping for a reunion that i think WILL happen. If history repeats itself then it will happen like it did with other great bands from the past. I DON'T THINK EVEN AXL would agree with some of these people. i think the best way to find out about what happened to the old band is for someone (an insider but not a band member) to write a biography about the band and why they broke up. I think that is what GnR fans deserve. And a book like that will make history. to me Axl and his new band did not prove that much to me except that they are a good GnR cover band and Madagascar. I don't think that they are good performers together as the original. But these axl fans think so, no matter who he is with. These axl fans seem to be also FOLLOWERS. These people probably are the type of people that don't appreciate the musical aspect of GnR. They only like the lyrics. They probably fast forward past Matt Sorum drum solos and Slash's solo and Godfather theme when watching a 91-92 bootlegs.

Madison, don't tell me that i have not made any points. You ears are too stuffed and your mind is too closed to hear anything I said. And that goes for most of you Axl fans.

Umm, I not sure I agree with you on that perspective. Axl I think is a great singer. Yeah he does have a huge ego, some say hard to work with, subject to temper tantrums, but I one of the best front man/lead singer of all. (my opinion at least) Now I do not agree with everyone here about the whole Axl-Slash-GNR breakup. I don't think Slash single handedly broke up the band, and there are those who put Axl on a petastool and proclaim as God. Yes, a musicial mastermind, loads of talent-but that doesn't make him any more special than any of us.

Hey, Hasta la vista or whatever your fucking name is, what the fuck is you obsession with Axl's d*ck? Are you a surpessed homosexual who feels he has to place his fantasies of Axl's d*ck on other's??

and what the fuck are you talkin about? Axl did say he didn't want to be the same person he was before. Infact the exact quote was "I don't want to be the same 21 year old misfit that I was." So if you're gonna diss people's sources at least make sure that you're right ass hole.

how the HELL do you misread "da_illest_in_402" as hasta la vista???

I was wondering that myself (no offense Gcam)

Everyone is entitled to Freedom of Speech, but I personally wouldn't like to see this forum turned into a place where we hurl insults at one another (which can be fun sometimes) and forget we are disscussing GNR like some other forums I kmow. Especially the MYGNR message board.

and your right about Axl not wanting to be a 'misfit' anymore, I think his style of clothing is an example of that.

What i say i don't mean literally. i mean no disrespect to anyone in this room. I give alot of props to little witch for creating this discussion. This discussion opens the doors to alot of things that Gnr fans can get off their chest. And this is a brilliant discussion. This discussion also seperated true Gnr Fans from just Axl fans. So if you are taking it literally when i say"get off Axl's d*ck." then you obviosly don't get out much. But there are still some people in here that have to be in their 20's, 30's, or maybe 40's that idolize Axl as a role model still. Gimme a break!! And Get a life!!! I look up to one GnR member and that is Slash. Not his lifestyle cuz i don't know his lifestyle like some of you people think you knowAxl's, but as a musician. He influences me as a guitar player. Some of you have kids and should BE THE ROLE MODEL but Axl f*cking Rose is yours.  GET A LIFE!!!!