Kashmir vs. The Immigrant Song

Battlehawk

Pick Your Poison  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Immigrant Song definately!

It rocks hard. Nirvana did great live versions of this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did Nirvana even cover this? After 6 years of bootleg collecting, I think I heard a rough instrumental cover maybe once.

Alright...depends on the concert.

kashmir...in 77 on the destroyer they did a steller version with a white summer intro that fucking kicked ass...easily the best of the concert in my opinion...even though they couldn't stay in tune for most of it <_< it still kicked ass rock3

immigrant song...at his peak...robert could belt those notes right on key such as live in budokan in 71 and jimmy's solo could rock harder as any opener they ever did...leading nicely into heartbreaker...but robert in 72' wasn't the same (as seen in HTWWW) and could go off key with the screams (they were patched up but he still strained for that C# :shocked: )

Studio...pff...both are not my favorite...both don't have solos...and they don't compete with live versions..so...yeah

personally i prefer singing immigrant song due to its complex falsetto/chest mixing at times but i'm going with kasmir simply for the version plant+page did for unledded...that violin solo and bongo drum jam :wub:

Edited by stevGNR666

Immigrant Song definately!

It rocks hard. Nirvana did great live versions of this.

Did Nirvana even cover this? After 6 years of bootleg collecting, I think I heard a rough instrumental cover maybe once.

I can't possibly imagine Cobain attempting to tackle the vocals of a song like Immigrant Song, try as I might.

Uhh - I have to null vote.